• I love America!

I'm British but love America! Love the idea of a ELECTED head of state, written Constitution, the right to defend yourself without worrying being prosecuted, the fact that in US you are innocent until proven guilty. Plus just the general stuff. I find Americans far more positive and happy people and willing to talk to you. Brits tend to keep to themselves like timid mice. Plus the $1 note... Cos you can't throw pound coins at a strip club haha

• Long live the special relationship!

Britain and America have fought together through it all. Even in our darkest hours, we have never abandoned each other. No two countries on earth share a closer bond than we do, and it's high time we make that bond official. I love America more than life itself. To become the 51st state would truly be a blessing for the UK. Until then, may we forever remain brothers. USA!

• Long live the special relationship!

• Long live the special relationship!

Britain and America have fought together through it all. Even in our darkest hours, we have never abandoned each other. No two countries on earth share a closer bond than we do, and it's high time we make that bond official. I love America more than life itself. To become the 51st state would truly be a blessing for the UK. Until that time, may we forever remain brothers. USA!

• I hate the USA and everything to do with it.

Britain is slowly becoming Americanised.
    TV. Ads. Films and so on.
    Just recently I went into a local restaurant and it said. Bathroom. Instead of toilet. For. Fuck sake everyone. Read. The signs, they. Are everywhere.
    Scew. The Yanks and Trump. The asshole.
    Want a third world war? He's. Your man. Beware!

• Born in the uka? United Kingdom of America

I dont see why this would be a issue, we both speak the same language ( kind of ) have same interests, way of life as such... People need to move on when they say we existed before america etc, it would benefit us in the long run, they like the Uk and we like the USA, i know id be the first on the plane to resettle in America as i know alot would relocate in the UK

• If there is a god then we will become the 51st State

Bin that b*tch Liz and the rest of the freeloading royals, can Theresa May as well - Lets face it she looks like a pit bull that has had a dodgy E. Get the Donald to take us under his wing and lets colonise the Middle East, either that or just launch from London & Washington and lets turn it into dust. Russia would roll over and submit, China will s*it themselves and fatboy in North Korea will stop playing games. It's a win, win.

• Already feel American

I have never felt European. The ridiculous ideas of a non progressive place, with no idea of how to make a human incentivised into doing well, just tying everything up in red tape by bureaucrats. Give me the freedom of a US citizen any day over that of a European please.

• They really should

They definitely should consider it. We love them we define them as a special relationship and we have a lot of history with them. Also if they get rid of California we might want to admit another state to make up for the lost 50th state that may occur soon

• In effect we already are

First off I'm going to exclude Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Yorkshire from the following comments. These areas still retain a healthy degree of individuality (the Scots may yet take that to a divorce). Obviously Yorkshire is stuck in the same economic system as the rest of England, but seems to be less affected by it. I'm not from any of the aforementioned areas by the way.

In the rest of England we have the same unremittingly aggressive capitalist economic and social structure, an obsession with property and consumerism, a view of the poor and disadvantaged that is increasingly hostile (Brexit being one of the results of this). We have similarly unequal employment practices, a social security system that is increasingly becoming reliant on charity (and that is largely based on religious organisations). In poorer areas there little or no sense of community, desperation and a healthy black market, whilst in wealthy areas there is a sort of social normalisation that has removed all of the idiosyncratic and eccentric personalities. We're obsessed with large cars (large by our standards), the price of fuel, clothes, how we look and "celebrity". Politically if the US farts the UK government and media are sniffing away to see whether it's good or bad news...We've even got our own right wing nutter (Farrage = Trump).

The only thing we retain is that more often than not we talk rather than shout at each other (debatable), we eat chips, not fries, and our accents are considerably more varied. I'm sure there are lots of other trivial things that help make England different from parts of the US, but then I expect you see the same differences between states and regions in the US. The point is that they are relatively trivial. With the important stuff we seem to be more similar than different.

I need to migrate to Scotland, Wales or N.I.

• Britain is NOT EVEN HALF the size in America for one. What is it the Americans have about Britain anyway?

Britain is NOT EVEN HALF the size in America for one. What is it the Americans have about Britain anyway? Why not France, Germany, or any other European country. Or even one of the countries in the continent of Africa?
    The only comparison would be that they both speak English

• No, They Aren't

Oh, this questions kind of made me laugh. Britain is it's own little piece of artwork, it doesn't have anything to do with the United States. It's still laughable to me. Britain is nowhere close to becoming the 51st state. Britain has it's own government, it's own leaders, and it's own people.

• No, Britain is a leading nation.

No, but Puerto Rico may. Britain is a major leading nation in the world. They were a leading nation before any of the nations in the Americas were established. The governments are different types, though the cultures and methods of use (and ideals) of government power may be very similar. Britain would never be a state or territory of America, we used to be part of Britain.

• No, absolutely not.

Britain is not becoming America's 51st state. First of all, they would never agree to do this because of the Anti American sentiment there and, secondly, the laws and forms of government are much different. There are cultural similarities, but that's about where it stops and always will. They are EU.

• No, I don't think Britian is becoming America's 51st state.

I think that while the United States and Great Britain have a strong alliance that Great Britain still maintains it's independence and makes it's own decisions, Britain by far makes their own economic and military decisions and does not receive any aid from the United States, so I wouldn't consider Britain to be becoming America's 51st state.

>