• Yes It Is

Buddhism is one of the only religions in the world (and by far the largest) that has not waged war on another entity. By far, Buddhism, is one of the most peaceful religions one will find. Adherents are asked to label events as good or bad, but rather to take them as they are.

• Yes it is

B b b bbbbb b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b buddhism

• Read the Buddhist Scriptures

Buddhism and the Buddha himself preaches peace and non-violence however there have been regrettable instances in history where the practitioners of Buddhism haven't necessarily demonstrated that but there is no doubt that Buddhism and Buddhists now and have been one of the most peaceful groups of people in the world.

• It is peaceful

Its peaceful because the many religions in Buddhism have inner peace for most of there lives and do not get out there meditation. If it was not peaceful there would be no inner peace just sitting down and looking at other people. F that's why Buddhism is very peaceful.Gg lol

• I am a Buddhist but I respect all other people religion.

I am a Buddhist and all I want is that people can live happily without interfere each other, I don't mind Muslim, Christian, Judaism or whatever other people's religion are but i will respect all their different religions equally without judging any religion is better or worse than any others. All we want is peaceful life living without any conflict with other religion. Very simple.....

• Yes it is

Buddhism is a way of finding peace within oneself. It is a religion that helps us to find the happiness and contentment we seek. Buddhists develop inner peace, kindness and wisdom through their daily practice; and then share their experience with others bringing real benefit to this world. They try not to harm others and to live peacefully and gently, working towards the ultimate goal of pure and lasting happiness for all living beings.

• Yes it is

• Yes it is

• Yes it is

• Yes it is

The teachings of the Buddha can be best summarized by the words of Buddha himself:

Avoid wrongdoing, Do good and Purify the mind,
    This is the teaching of Buddhas.

Buddhism teaches us how to overcome our problems and difficulties by understanding and preventing their causes. Whereas we usually look to outward circumstances for the causes of our problems, Buddhism teaches us to look inwards. Buddha showed how our feelings of dissatisfaction arise from negative states of mind – primarily anger, attachment, and ignorance – and offered methods to eliminate these by developing generosity, compassion, wisdom and other positive states of mind.

"Mind precedes all things; mind is their chief, mind is their maker.
    If one speaks or does a deed with a mind that is pure within,
    happiness then follows along like a never departing shadow."

• People are peaceful or violent; religions are neither.

I know that in Euro-American society the image is that Buddhists are peaceful and compassionate, and seeking enlightenment, but they are no more peaceful and compassionate than Hindus, Muslims, Christians, or devotees of any other religion. In Myanmar, Buddhist Rakhine have killed as many as 20,000 Muslim Rohingya. This is nothing new. Yonten Gyatso (1589–1617) ordered all the Muslim Men in Tibet rounded up and castrated.

That is like Hindu vs. Muslim violence in India, both past and present, and with the behavior of Christians toward Muslims, Jews, and each other during the crusades and the Inquisition. Religion does not make people kinder or less kind. Neither does atheism or science, for that mattter.

• No it isn't.

It is not peaceful. Do you want a REAL peaceful life. Think about it. Half of the things in the world are fake. I'm not trying to offend anyone. Would you like to worship a sculpted piece of metal? I thought so.... I'm sorry if I offended you. No hate please!

• It is Parasitic!

The temple monks practice of, Not just begging, Which infers a passive action of asking, But expecting thus demanding food from the local populace, Even if the population is starving themselves, Makes that the religion is greedy and lazy. This is a form of overlord and serfdom which in itself is a form of usury and economic violence. Even without raising a fist, Taking from others with mental/spiritual threat, Which is what the monks do to their 'parish' is in itself violence of one of the most insidious and calculated kind!

• Buddhism is evil

For the Dalai Llama to obtain the highest status of his religion, he had to have sex with a 9 year old virgin girl, kill her, then drink her blood from her skull. Not peaceful. But then that won't be anything Buddhists will tell you. My pastor is a world traveler and he KNOWS much about false gods and their religions.

• Buddhism is evil

• Look at burma

Systematic torture killing rape and forcefully displacement
    Of poor people out of their anccestorial homes are clear evidence that they are as violent as any other people in the world. To realize what it means it would be better to put the shoe of a Rohyniga on and see it for yourself

• Jainism is the most peaceful religion ever for mankind

The most basic principle for Jains is live and let others live. A religion is voilent or peaceful is determined by the activities of people following the faith. People following jainism are entirely vegetarion as killing any animal is a huge sin. It's almost impossible for people of this community to think of killing a human. An example of this can be taken from the fact that a child is taught to even not kill the mosquito sucking his blood rather just push it and let it fly. It is by far the most peaceful of all the faiths.

• No, Buddhism has the opportunity to be as violent as any other system of belief

Nirvana Sutra, a canonical Buddhist text, narrates a story about one of Buddha’s past lives: in it, he kills some Hindus (Brahmins) because they insulted the Buddhist sutras (scriptures):

The Buddha…said…”When I recall the past, I remember that I was the king of a great state…My name was Senyo, and I loved and venerated the Mahayana sutras…When I heard the Brahmins slandering the vaipulya sutras, I put them to death on the spot. Good men, as a result of that action, I never thereafter fell into hell. O good man! When we accept and defend the Mahayana sutras, we possess innumerable virtues.”

• No, wars, assassinations, and torture have all been carried out in the name of Buddhism.

There are Buddhist scriptures that teach violence in order to both defend as well as to further the faith. Anyone who is not aware of the history of violence in Asia and South East Asia, and does not know of the many monasteries dedicated to warrior monks is either blind to historical facts or is deliberately ignoring them.
    http://modernnotion.com/buddhist-violence-history/

• No, Buddhism teaches both violence and peace, like most religions.

Buddhist scriptures permit violence to both defend AND to spread the faith. There have been scores of monasterys for warrior Buddhist monks, and assassinations and wars have been carried out to further the Buddhist religion. Those who say no violence has been done in the name of Buddha do not know the lessons of history, especially Southeast Asia.

>