• Look at Yourself

Look at you, running up stating so clearly, with such confidence that censorship is bad. You rally your troops and state you "deserve" to know what's hidden behind a bleep or warning label. Putting yourself in front because of what you think you need to hear. If this were a real war wouldn't you want America to protect you. You want to sit and feel safe while the men are out fighting so you can feel the warmth of safety. So go ahead and run through the front line if you'd like, but I know that 1. If I really need to get past the censorship, I can, and 2. I want to be protected in everyday life, so if the government wants to do that let them.

• Censorship is good.

Censorship is a good thing, it keeps children from hearing and seeing inappropriate things. I for one like the censorship because children do not need to hear a slur of cuss words, or see body parts of others. I also do not want to hear or see it either, so I appreciate it.

• The Hidden Value of Censorship

Let us acknowledge why some view censorship as being unlawful, cowardly, and immoral even. First, there is a strong argument that censorship attacks the Right of Free Speech. There is truth to be found here, for censorship does indeed restrict the press’s ability to publish otherwise subjective articles or newsletters that are almost entirely based off of opinion. Next, some accuse censorship of being fear driven. Perhaps this were true, if I lived in a distant dystopian society far into the future, but I do not. Censorship is not fear driven, censorship exists to protect large masses of people from damaging content. There is no reason to be found for any person or organization to withdrawal information unless that person or persons felt it absolutely necessary. Again, I reiterate, we do not live in a totalitarian society where the government is conspiring against its citizens and must withhold valuable information from them as a result, at least, not in present day. Lastly, we have many multitudes who claim that censorship goes against human rights altogether. Many people believe that censorship takes away a person’s right to read and learn but this is only half the truth. Censorship does indeed take away from a person’s knowledge, but it can usually be justified. For example, if someone decides to not let a person into their home, should they be persecuted? Of course not, even though that person is being denied entry, or is censored, by the homeowner, that does not give him a right to barge in anyway and become knowledgeable of all that resides in the homeowner’s house. Censorship is seen as evil by some, but like I said before, is mostly subjective and thus no one person has jurisdiction to remove it completely.

• Censorship is good

The purpose of censorship is good. It is there to help protect people and keep them safe from things that are bad. If used corectly censorship is very good. However if you use it the wrong way or excessiviely then you are only going to be doing harm to society as a whole.

• Yoo whats up!

Whats up guys my name is KALeb coleman! Hey guys its me kaleb kaleb coleman it is me back at it again doin it hows it going friends its me. It is me i have returned i am back here again my friends whats up haha hows it going haha!

• Too much garbage

I'm sick and tired being a woman of seeing movies and hearing the word pussy to describe women I'm sick and tired of scenes where men are raping and mistreating women in movies these directors are sick in the head and people that call this entertainment are even more sick it's time to stop this garbage from being viewed by everyone what a screwed up country for allowing this

• It helps kids

It helps kids for all the bad things in the world so it is just a great add on in society to help our future generations be the best they can be and reach their full potential in life with out and inappropriate distractions which can potentially mess up their life

• Fdfs dfs fsd fdsf sdf

Sfd fsfd sf f sd fs f sdf d sf sf dsf sdf sd f sdf s f dsf sd f sdf sd fs fdfs fds f dsf sdf ds fsf dsf f ds fs fd sfd fdf d f fdd f ds d dsfs d d fd fd f d

• Its not bad

Censorship is required sometimes because there can be a lot of problems with hate speech and so it causes problems. Would you like to get harassed in the news? Get discussed in a channel that more than 25% of the population watches? I guess no. . . Think it better next time.

• Censorship is good but can be bad. . . .

We live in a bad enough world as it is let alone if we let all the pedophiles or terrorist etc access to whatever content they want. Also what about the innocent children that could obliviously come across inappropriate content that could deeply disturb them. There is a reason we have censorship and is to try and keep people as calm and protected as possible. After saying all this, There is the problem that powerful leaders are taking matters into their own hand and censoring things that the people need to hear as their leaders are living or hiding things from them.

• It shouldn't be the government's choice

Censorship is not always bad, such as blocking cuss words or sex scenes. When censorship extends to, entire books, movies, and TV shows, is when it should be stopped. The government does not have the right to decide what is acceptable for people to see and hear, even kids. Why ,do you think, should the government regulate what kids see? Shouldn't it be the parents job to keep their children away from these bad things? The parents of these kids should be parents and keep the bad things away from their kids, not the government.

• Censorship is not needed

Anyone using the internet would have seen a censored page or at least heard of them. Whether you were looking for an illegal website accidentally or visited a page of pornography without meaning so, you would have entered a site telling you that the site have been legally blocked by the government. Censorship has been a major issue. Some people believe that media being censored is absolutely vital and claims that it is there to protect people, while others suggest that censorship denies access to vital information. Is censorship really necessary?

According to the Oxford dictionary, the meaning of freedom is ‘the power or right to act, speak or think as one wants’. Censorship ignores people’s right of freedom. The Guardian produced an article with a partial content of the UN’s universal declaration of human rights in 1948. It stated, “Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression. The right includes freedom to have opinions without interference and to seek, receive and import information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.” Humans are different from animals because of one major reason. We have the right to think, express and have freedom. With this freedom taken away from us, the major difference between us and animals will be no longer there.

People from all around the world have different faiths and different religions. It is also a part of our rights to be respected, no matter what we believe in. But in India, the government forces Muslim upon its citizens and anyone that tries to change their religion to Christianity for example, is arrested and stoned to death. India censors websites explaining the goods of other religions and forces the people of its nation to live in a small, self centered world. No one wants to live in a society like so.

Lots of people suggest that growing youths should not be able to gain access to sites with sexual content or inappropriate, violent websites that might lead the teenagers the wrong way. That’s where the parents and the schools come in. It is the parents’ job to check if their child is going the wrong way and it is the schools’ job to make sure they educate the young children what is right and what is wrong. Adults have their personal rights to be able to access any sites they want to go into. The governments should respect that right. For example, North Korea’s government censors all the outside, information and current news, blocking its citizens to grow up to be a free, global individual. This countries government does not have the right to take away all the individuals rights to know what’s going on in this world.

• Censorship is God

Censorship is like a God who's beliefs we must practice and worship. If we stop practicing its religion, the Earth will shake and "children could read books such as 'fifty shades of gray'"(User: Godlovesus). Our all mighty censorship helps parents not to do their jobs. Because they spend their time focused on worshiping censorship, they don't have time to personally censor what they must in their own homes. So we praise Censorship, may It guide us where we have failed, and may It keep us in the dark ages forever.

• Censorship is bad

Censorship is very rarely a good thing unless it is to protect young viewers from disgusting imagery. Otherwise I find the idea of censorship to be one that is truly revolting at my base. I think that censorship does more harm than good and has no place in a society.

• Censorship is bad.

Censorship is really a violation of free speech. I can understand censorship in some places, like on local TV channels, but I don't think it should go any farther than that. I don't think books or music should be censored at all. If a person doesn't like what is said, then don't read the book or listen to the music.

• Censorhip Skews The Truth

I do not believe censorship is a good thing. I think a lot of times people use censorship to skew the truth or hide the facts. I think it is far better for people to know as much as possible and experience as much as possible, so they can form their own opinions or ideas. Censorship makes this impossible.

• Freedom of speech.

When the media is censored by our government, the government is infringing on our rights to free speech. We should be allowed to say whatever we want, and let whoever we want to hear it hear it. Our country was built around the idea of everyone having a free, unchanged, uncensored voice. Censorship is impeding our progress as a society.

• No, censorship is usually a bad idea.

There are times when perhaps a piece of literature or a song that advocates violence against a particular group needs to be banned or at least confined. But most of the time we are better off allowing freedom of speech instead of censoring it because the censorship usually backfires eventually.

• Censorship is dangerous.

Censorship violates free speech. It is dangerous to allow censorship. It opens the door for people to decide for you what you may and may not hear and say. It goes against the values and ideas of freedom. It is a form of control and allows people to say how you can express your opinions and ideas.

• Censorship is bad for society!

Censorship takes away the rights that we have been granted hundreds of years ago. The Founding Fathers wrote that constitution for a reason, which was to give us the freedom that we deserve. We should be able see or do whatever we want and we have the constitution to prove it. We have the freedom of speech, opinion etc and when the government takes away those things, it tells me that they are not following the constitution that they are " supposedly" following.