Opinion Question
Argument
Posted by:

Exercising the Muscles.

Chess exercises the most important muscle, the brain. While we glorify the typical large-muscled athletes in physical sports these chess players, who worked just as hard, are given the short end of the stick. A sport is a activity that competes team or individual against team based on skill, what chess does.
GWL-CPA says2013-03-27T14:18:23.103
Sorry, the brain is not a muscle.
sophiekitty13 says2014-01-16T01:34:43.847
Although I agree that chess is not a sport, how are you so certain the brain is not a muscle? Depending on what you read or who you talk to, you will get different information and opinions on whether it is or not, but it is definitely LIKE a muscle.
GWL-CPA says2014-01-16T18:20:57.873
Sophiekitty12:

You folks who do not fill out your profiles make me ill. You are not with the Esprit de corps of DDO. Go review the DDO FAQs and see why you fill out your profile

esprit de corps  
noun
a sense of unity and of common interests and responsibilities, as developed among a group of persons closely associated in a task, cause, enterprise, etc.
Http://dictionary.Reference.Com/browse/esprit+de+corps

Per DDO:

“Why should I complete my profile?”
“You should complete your profile so potential friends and debaters know where you stand on the issues. Filling out your profile also helps other members learn about you and your interests.”
http://www.Debate.Org/help/faq/

Maybe after you finish high school and take a biology class you will learn that the brain is not muscle and it is not like a muscle - Go ask your doctor. Do you need help tying your shoes?

Go back to school and take Biology 101.

“What is the brain made out of?”
Just like our stomachs, our hearts, our lungs and our kidneys, the brain is a very unique part of our bodies! It isn’t made of muscle or bone. It’s actually made of special cells called nerve cells. Every part of our bodies is made of cells. There are skin cells, blood cells, and muscle cells too. They are like the bricks that build our bodies. Often, cells are round or close-to-round in shape, but nerve cells have a really special shape!

A nerve cell has a bulb-like cell body attached to a long nerve fiber, which is like a wire, and it actually carries very tiny electrical signals. These signals are the information that tell us what we feel, what we think, what we see, what we touch. They also tell our bodies how to move and how to function. All this information is carried by nerve fibers to and from our brains.
Our brains are a big bundle of nerve cells, which are gray, white, and a little pink in color and have a texture like tofu!
Http://www.Whyzz.Com/what-is-the-brain-made-out-of

Chess is a game of skill; it will never be considered a sport.

So, get over it!
vampymatt says2014-08-31T18:16:27.900
Show me one credible dictionary that say's a sport doesn't require a physical ability!
EpicBMR says2015-04-15T18:20:25.277
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sport Right there. A credible dictionary that says sports don't need physical exercise. Chess is a sport.
TheChessMaster says2015-05-17T01:08:01.010
Really everyone... Really? Ok Chess is a sport whether you like it or not. I have been playing chess more times than you guys have had hot breakfasts in your life. It is already considered a sport, just google it. I don't even know why this topic is even on here. Let us start with some rebuttal shall we

GWL-CPA No s**t Sherlock. And thanks for the 900 word essay you ignorant being. I got through to the second paragraph before I practically fell asleep. Chess is a sport whether you like it or not. It is regarded highly as a sport by multiple committees and more people who think it is a sport than people who don't think it is a sport. And nobody cares if you like peoples profiles filled out or not so stop with the stupid comments. And for you GWL-CPA, you need a reading 101 class. Read the god damn internet! First think it says when you type, 'Is chess a sport,' states as follows;

Chess is a recognized sport of the International Olympic Committee and international chess competition is sanctioned by the World Chess Federation (FIDE), which adopted the now-standard Staunton chess set in 1924 for use in all official games.

Chess is already recognized as a sport by THE INTERNATIONAL OLYMPIC COMMITTEE. Would you like me to come over there and help you write the words in? Or shall we just let google correct you? Get the point through your thick head. Chess is a game of skill, yes (The only thing I agree with in your pointless argument) and it is a sport. SO YOU GET OVER IT.

And as for you vampymatt, I could find close to a 100 dictionary references that state that chess is a sport. Hey! Just click on the one EpicBMR sent you.

So in conclusion, ITS A SPORT.

>