• Up with Jesus, Down with Santa

This is my opinion but I feel that the United States is responsible for most of the commercialized Christmas children rave about. This Christian/Catholic holiday has been ruined and tarnished by the endless demand for gifts. I enjoy Christmas even though it has been about a fat man who has magical reindeer and has "Elves" which I would name goblins (being a Lord of The Rings Fan).

• Yes it has

Growing up in the 1980s as a child I remember the rat race started after thanksgiving and was over Christmas eve evening. You didn't dare put up lights until day after Thanksgiving. The day of Christmas was a day to slow down, We got one or 2 gifts and it all changed with getting a Sega Genesis and seeing the miniaturization of cell phones. Our parents and family were pushed to the side, Our new family was games and a technological disconnect was born. I hope the power goes out on Christmas day so my son can appreciate how it was

• Christmas is so commercialized!

Christmas is supposed to be about spending time with your family and being grateful that you have them with you, But many people think that it is ore about the gifts that one receives or gives. Even though giving and receiving presents is fun, We should focus on the more important things in life. Many people argue that Christmas has become too commercialized, And I agree with them. When Christmas times comes around what do people usually ask you? They ask what you would like to receive as a gift for Christmas and focus on the topic of presents for the rest of the season. If Christmas was not so commercialized, They would probably ask what you would like to do for Christmas and focus on the topic of spending time together.

• It's no longer about being together

I feel like Christmas has lost all its magic and is now simply focused on how much stuff you can buy or how much stuff you get. I miss the Christmas's that were about spending time together and baking treats and having fun, Then snuggling down and watching a crappy Christmas movie that was actually one of your guiltily pleasures. And Christmas day was spent being happy and laughing and having a lovely meal that was cooked at home. Nowadays people book in somewhere to have a meal and it's no longer about family.

• Christmas is too comercialized

The tradition of Father Christmas comes from the story where three girls need their dowries to be paid, So he droppes three bags of gold down the chimneys - one for each of them. At Christmas, When we share presents, We put ourselves in the position of the girls, Not Father Christmas. As a Christian, I try to ask myself if this is what God really would want us to do at Christmas. Surely he would rather we remember Jesus' birth and put a smile on someone else's face, Instead of eating and laughing in the comfort of home? Shouldn't we spend Christmas helping the homeless, Or campaigning for what we believe will help others?

• It should only be a Christian festival only and a religious time and a special event.

It’s way too commercialised nowadays. Love is the most special gift of all in life. Always remember the ones you love who are not here anymore. Because say special prayers for them. God is always watching over us as always from above. There’s always a golden gate in heaven.

• Commercialized Christmas has gotten way out of control

Christmas is too commercialized thas my opinion over rated exspensive thas my debate and opinion................My poll would say overrated commercialized alot of money being spent people dont use some of the things you get them unless its used everydaynot just once a year or once a month toys get put aside after a day use

• Christmas is too commercial

Advert fill our head with false ideas that we 'need' their products when it should be a time of being grateful and spending time with family. Present sharing is a nice thing to do but not when it becomes an entitlement and far too expensive. The waste at christmas is also terrible for the planet

• Christmas is too commercialised

I feel that the true meaning of christmas is being forgotten and yes, anyone can celebrate it, but for the majority of us we only think about presents and money rather than what christmas is meant to be about; family time, relaxation and happiness. Winter wonderlands are taking over everything and in some cases that is all some people think about. So I feel that we need to do something about this.

• I say no m,ore to this social injustice!!!

In my opinion, Easter is much more about money and profit. Christmas is a long lasting tradition. Companies manipulate and take advantage of young innocent souls and pressure them into buying chocolate eggs during Easter. At least Christmas has a religious message that is adhered to unlike the stupidity that is the Easter story.

• No it's is not

We can't help it the fact that we spend too much money on Christmas we just want to make our kids happy because we fear if we do not get what they want then we will let them down, we still do celebrate Christmas with family but not all people are religious.

• Christmas spirit and thanksgiving

Christmas is not a huge commercialising, commercialising gets you dreagged into the Christmas spirit. some commercials have gifts that you won't to buy for your family members. Or some ideas of some your decorations or some embellishments for your Christmas tree or your functiom. This would be a great opportunity for all of us to have fun enjoy your presents. They might be some competitions you would like to join in I think It would be a great opportunity

• There is no true 'meaning of Christmas' anyway

For starters, I don't agree that Christmas is all about presents, because people still value spending time with their family. Large family meals are still popular. Most people stay in with their families on Christmas Day. While the religious element is now less relevant, the religious element was always false. It was simply a means of instilling Christian ideals to the Pagan Solstice festival. The meaning of Christmas has changed over time, but to say that it's too commercial is strange when companies can only promote products because people still want to give others gifts, to show how much you appreciate them.

• It is what you make it.

You can choose what to focus on during Christmas. There is fun in purchasing gifts for those who you love and for those who are in need. One of the problems is that buying gifts is becoming more and more difficult for those who need nothing that you can afford. With so many using the credit card there is a culture of instantaneous gratification which does not wait for Christmas to get what one wants. So, Christmas can be too commercial if we see it as what we will receive for ourselves, but it is also a time when we can focus on giving to those who have a need.

• It is but we can't help it

Christmas is way too commercialized, incredibly but we just can't help it. In our generation, people care about the presents and always anticipate this holiday. It's not like they only care about the presents either, it's more of the essence of the holiday spirit i guess. I mean what do you expect, Christmas has escalated to be such a big holiday and so what business wouldn't try to cease the opportunity. You can't expect a business or something to not ride the 'Christmas spirit' to sell and such. I for one think it's too commercialized also, I cringe when I start seeing Christmas items on sale when it's still October/November but then again, I also enjoy the whole presents and gathering together feel of Christmas because it makes me feel warm and fuzzy on the actual day. I acknowledge that Christmas is meant to celebrate the birth of Jesus and that its about the love and care but we can also see this through the buying of presents and the gathering of family. So what I'm trying to say is that Christmas is far too commercialized but there are positive points to it...

• No way Jose!!!

• Christmas is too commercial

• Christmas is not commercialized

Christmas is a time where people and generations come together celebrating together. Where the presence of being love and getting attention is available with the love of family. Its of many belief and surprise to give another a present ,perhaps something the person truly wants even though its expensive they buy it for them to be happy. Christmas is a time of joy and happiness and everyone should have a bless time ,enjoying each moment because Christmas is once in a year!
    Written by: Aleem pashaw

• Present promote generosity

Christmas is a time of giving and what way to promote generosity and sharing then to buy gifts for loved one. Decorations to put up together, and presents to enjoy together. Christmas is about family and enjoying the holiday together, but presents and gifts do not prevent that. If anything they promote that.

>