• From my experience, College is indeed a waste of time and money

It is sad that college has become the new normal, And kids are told from a young age that is the only path to success. I'm in my third year currently, And can tell you that I have learned so much more outside the classroom than in one. College is mostly memorization, With little to no practical application. You study for the test, And the minute you are finished most students forget the material and are on to memorizing for the next test. I have heard stories from others that have shown me that you only use a small percentage of the info you learned at college in your real occupation. After they hire you, Then they teach you what you actually need to do for the job. Don't get me started about the gen ed classes you are forced to take. Contrary to popular belief, They do not make you well rounded. They only serve as a complete waste of time and money. Math did not teach me how to problem solve, I already found that out through life experience, Most of the English classes I had to take were pointless and filled with information I had already learned in High School. Chemistry was a prereq that I have never used since. But the single worst thing about college is the fact that you are working for free. I have a job on the side, But with all that I have already learned I wish there was payoff for it. I think as a society we should train people only for the job they want, And then out of the pool of applicants, We can then choose which person works the best. It should not be based on a college degree, Because most of the degree you do not use. And yes, Maybe in 30 years I will get my money back, But when you are a college student you need money now, Not 30 years from now. In summary, Do not go to college, You are better off going to a trade school and learning real life practical skills, Rather than memorizing material for a meaningless test. Parents should care more about what kind of person they are raising than what grades they get in school. In our society, We only care about degrees, And rarely care about character.

• Time is money.

If you're going into debt, Go into debt earning a qualification that society needs. You will be paid for services that are in demand, This isn't rocket science.

Time is the ultimate currency, Work to live.

Half of the for-university statements I've looked at immediately open with things like "yeah you'll be in debt, But like, You'll get into debt anyway man" or "You gotta learn, Grow & expand dude" yeah, No shit. In this day & age you have alternatives. There's this thing called common sense (which you don't learn by financially supporting a glorified library) imagine trusting these people.

• College is one big lie.

AT 52 years old, My degree has never landed me a better job than someone without nor has it helped me get higher pay. I was told that "doorways would open up" with a degree so I went to one of the top schools in the country for my major. The only thing that opened up was my
    wallet to pay the tuition.

• College should be only for a few people.

Stop lying to yourself America. If you are very smart and able to withstand 6-8 years more of school, go to college. Everyone else, stop feeding the the reprehensible pipe dream that is college. Medical school, law school, STEM, and like 3 prestigious liberal arts colleges should be the only legal forms of higher education. I’ll take a good carpenter over your silly degree from UCwhatever. Go to a blah college and get a blah degree:
    Student loan debt for years: Check
    Low paying job: Check
    Job that has nothing to due with your degree: Check
    Finding an overpaid elitist liberal mentor: Check
    Opportunity cost of lost wages: Check
    Unrealistic sense of your value to the market: Check
    I could keep going, but you get the point.

• I'm not going

Wanna be in debt for a decade? Then don't go college is hard work harder then high school and you're paying for your depression go to work as soon as possible and you'll be happy at least you're getting paid to go to work school is bad just like college I'm 12 and I'm not going when I'm older

• It isn't a waste of money

It isn't a waste of money. To those who say work and get paid for 4 years instead of studying for no pay are not thinking straight. The chances of getting a higher paying job after university is very high. And because they get paid more they can pay it off quicker but yes it does depend what degree.

Also the argument about debt. Are you going to buy a home? Oh no. Better not do that. Not worth it because "debt". Because debt will be with you for decades! Debt doesn't mean anything. If you own a house and are in debt for hundreds of thousands. What's the difference between owning a prestegious degree and being in debt for 30-40 thousand? 1 difference is the degree can get you a good job. Flexing a house won't

• N o p e

No. It's not. Don't be lazy. Shows discipline, dedication, determination. Why not? Just do it. Go. Flow. Grow. Know. Show. Woah. How could you throw...Away opportunities. Helps find unity. "All this is new to me" now you can get through to me with you brand new college degree. Believe it, achieve it, then receive it.

• College is not a waste of time.

The discovery and quest for knowledge is certainly not a waste of time. Even if your quest turns out to end in disappointment, the journey provides enough knowledge for you to not make the same mistakes a second time. Colleges and Universities provide people who have already been on that journey and can offer their experience to help you avoid the same mistakes they or someone they know may have made in this quest. The eventual result of such a model for education is 5th graders that are proving theories that were still being taught to doctors 75 years ago. Paying for it may be a waste, but the time spent certainly is not.

• College is not a waste of time or money.

Although there are many successful people who have not attended college, it is the exception not the rule. A college degree today is equivalent to a high school diploma years ago. Whether a person lands a job within their degree field or not, a degree is a degree. It indicates that a person can do what is required and can persevere in long-term goals.

• College a Waste of Time and Money

I personally think that college is not a waste of time and money but it also depends on the person and how they might go about college. I personally think that college is not a waste of time and money but it can be based on if that individual is ready for success.

• Depends What You're Studying

I believe it highly depends on what you would be studying in college before you can say it is a waste of time and money. The basic courses of college, those which are easy to obtain through community college I found to be very helpful for general life. Beyond that college can be hit or miss. You should look at the field you are interested in and see if the successful people in that field hold degrees in that field. If you look at enough examples you should be able to reach an answer based on your area of interest.

• A better education

As a current college student right now, I do not think that college is a waste of time or money. There is a lot of good things that come from going a step farther in your education, and I feel like college is going to be a huge help once I get out and start looking for a job.