Is college really as important as our society has made it out to be?

• Depends on How you go about it

I'm 22 and discovering that college is a great investment, Second only to what can be provided in the military. Just the way of obtaining the education is radically different nowadays because everyone has different situations on their path to higher education. In my life, Higher education is about much more than being practical to a person or organization, It is being self-assured of your diligence, Willingness to work hard at something, Persevere to the end. Ordinary labor works doesn't teach those fundamental life values per se

• Did you know going to college is fortunate?

Career preparation is becoming very important to young people. This is the primary reason to go to college, they know the job market is a tight and competitive place. In a college, they can learn new skills, such as information technology, business, and any other technical skills, which are expected to need a large workforce in their coming years. Why do more people need to attend colleges? Everyone has different answers to this question. We believe that the most three common reasons are; economic value, social value, and to increase knowledge of themselves around the world for the competitive places.

As Mr. Hrabowski claims (2012) “a college education equips students with the tools they need to realize their own best paths. It also develops the abilities demanded by the marketplace. Higher education is now the surest path to the middle class in this country, and I can think of nothing more egalitarian than encouraging all Americans to pursue it”

According to the research and core value of college that people should not be so focused on a skills-based career. They should go to college to have new experiences and learn about themselves and the world they live in. The response now is going to sound everybody should attend college to get general and particular formal knowledge for their desired career field. Every person should intend on finishing college, due to the fact they enjoy learning new things day by day and get the required education for their brighter rewarding future not only financially, but socially too.

• Yes college is important

Life aint easy my friend but with an education you will retty succesfull in some ways we aint gonna know of.. Unless you wanna be selling dope in corners the rest of your life. THINK STRAIGHT MY FRIEND! LIFE AINT EASY! TALK IS CHEAP! PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOU MOUTH IS!

• Yes college is important

• We need the education

College is very important because people have many more oppotuintiy's and many more with prices going up and people getting low pay, going to college will help you out a lot because you get a beter education and a better job and a lot more money to pay off your house bill,and your insurance, and food, clothing and other stuff for our future kids and stuff....College is very important!
    -lunalilo elementry school
    -annonymous

• I believe with most of the people that say yes only because i understand where they are coming from,

Yes college is expensive but it is well worth it in the long run.. If you stick through college and graduate you will have enough skill and knowledge to go where ever and do what ever you want in life. I know that i don't want to bagging other peoples food for the rest of my life at Kroger i wanna be a successful person and making money out the yahoo.

• College is important

Imagine guys you are a famous singer and something happens to your voice than slowly and gradually you will loose your career but if you have a career you have your degree and you can get a new jpb. I wish all of you all the best for your future.

• College is important

• Yes It Is

In modern day you usually need a college degree in order to get a decent job. The amount of people with college degrees has grown substantially, and people with only high school educations have too much competition now from the college educated in the job market. Resumes with only a school education listed will generally be tossed in the trash during the first cut by hiring managers if there are people who have applied to the job with college degrees.

Another important reason why college is important is because most high schools in modern day do not teach students good writing skills. This has become painfully obvious when you see people with only high school diplomas write "there" when it should be "their" or "they're" and "to" when it should be "too", etc. etc....College professors from decent universities would never let that sort of thing slide, and employers don't want to see that either. I should also mention the critical thinking skills, time management skills and many other skills that employers want that people with only high school diplomas generally don't possess as much as your average college graduate.

Sure, people will put forth plenty of arguments claiming that they were able to start their own business and are now multi-millionaires, became major CEOs, etc. with only a high school diploma or less. Congratulations, but you are the exception to the rule.

• Yes college is important

Why is college important ? Because what would life be without succession ? .. We all know that all these famous rappers didn't go to college but these are only people that are talented . There are few people that are talented like they are . It is stated that 80 out of 100 people go to college , and they all succeed in life . Those 20 people remaining are high school dropouts. Those people do not succeed.
    Imagine how proud your parents would be if they knew that you chose to have a successful life ... Their tears running down their face at your graduation . You could help them out in life . (since you'll be making stacks ) .. Let them quit their jobs and repay them for all they did for you . YOUR LIFE !

• Maybe you'll make Stacks, But not for yourself

College doesn't even guarantee a great paying job, And even if it does, All the money earned will go towarf paying off loans for years. College was definitely essential maybe a few generations ago, But nowadays almost everyone goes to college, Does it really mean anything anymore? I didn't think so either.

• No it’s not important

The society makes it seem more important than it really is. Many jobs offer great money and guess what, No need for a diploma. All high schools do now a days is throw college at all their students and brainwash them and make it seem that in order to succeed you must have a diploma, When in reality all going to college does is put you so far into debt that you spend the next 20-30 year paying off your student loans.

• I would say it depends on what you want to do with your life.

If you're going to be a surgeon, doctor or lawyer, please go to school! Personally, I never made it past 9th grade. However, I have owned two successful business, and currently have the highest paying sales job in America. I understand that not having a degree can create roadblocks for certain people. The problem with college is that information is readily available today. We all have the opportunity to educate ourselves, for free. If you are going to go to college, I recommend that you ask a simple question. "How much real world experience will I obtain for paying you such a large sum of money?" I've noticed that a lot of colleges don't necessarily give you that real world experience, but the best ones do. I will say that the people I went to High School with who all said I wasn't going to amount to anything, are not happy when I drive by in my Porsche, and that's a good feeling. If you can sell yourself, and prove your worth, you can have almost any job in the world.

• I would lean towards no.

We're essentially telling people what was true 20-30 years ago, without taking a moment to really examine what is true now. Degrees are becoming so commonplace that to have a bachelors degree is virtually meaningless. There are jobs that do not even require post secondary schooling. This is much much more gray than it is black and white. HOWEVER, it would still be a stretch to discourage anyone from attending college/university because of some negative outcomes (e.G., high level of student loan debt, poor career prospects, etc.). While it is obviously very far from reality that college is the end all be all and guarantees economic success, it is an investment if done correctly (e.G, minimizing debt and very carefully selecting major). Also, despite the previous statement that a lot of current jobs still don't require a post secondary education, it won't be long (i.E., a decade or so) before the majority of jobs beyond minimum wage require a college degree even if only an associates. College really has been oversold to an extent, it certainly is helpful but there's so much more than just a diploma that leads to success. Even graduate school doesn't automatically put one ahead, master degree holders can find similar outcomes to those who only have a bachelors degree. If one is pursuing a doctorate, say a PhD in biochemistry that might be a bit different lol. Not sure that having a PhD will ever limit options, but for an undergrad degree and masters degree they should be given considerable thought.

• For Being A Lawyer Doctor Or Scientist Yes

I think people make it seem more important in today's society compared to when our great grandparents were around. Back in the old days a person who dropped out of high school could get a job it didn't matter you taught a person how to do the job and they did it. Also a lot of people are not college material so why set an unreasonable standard on all of us to go just to fail and be stuck with the cost.

• Just because I said so.

I said so, so listen to me and stop arguing with me. I am not going to do some dumb debate. If I say so, don't argue. It's true. Haha ha ha ha ha ha a hah aha hha aha ah ahah a ha hah aha ha haha haha h h Now..........S u c k it

• Just because I said so.

• Just because I said so.

• It doesn't matter if you have a degree or not

Candidate A had 20 years of related experience and a bachelor’s degree in a related field. Candidate B had 20 years of experience in the industry, but in an unrelated field and a master’s degree in a related field. Myself and the other interviewers all choose Candidate A; it didn’t matter that candidate B had more education. Candidate A was able to “check off the education box” and sell us on her experience.

• Not for everyone

If what you want to do is get a job in a field that requires knowledge from a degree that college is the best way to get, then it's for you. But some people (myself included) don't trod the beaten path. Personally, i crave adventure, service, danger and flight. I don't want to wait until my golden years are over to get it either. I'm not dumb--4.0 GPA, 32 ACT, etc--and I love learning, but college is not for me. I'm joining the military instead, and when I;m out if I want to focus on learning I can always do that. But to me I measure success with my happiness and impact on the world, and I maximize those doing somthing that is definitely not college.

>