Is corporal punishment in schools a necessary method of discipline?

• It is acceptable

We got paddled and our hands smacked with rulers when I went to school. If kids were actually punished for misbehaving in this society things wouldn't be the way they are today. There is a lack of respect, lack of morals. Why bother to be good and follow the rules if there are no consequences?

• I think that corporal punishment in schools is a necessary method of discipline.

I think that corporal punishment in schools is a necessary
    method of discipline. Kids are
    notoriously hard-headed. There will
    always be some students in schools who do not have enough respect for
    authority. When schools paddled children
    who misbehaved, the children behaved better.
    If we spare the rod, we spoil the child.

• Beatins' is the only things that works on kids

A couple dozen whacks with a paddle or a belt will definitely teach the kids that it's not okay to lose football games, Skip class, Or get Bs. Detention doesn't work, That's a vacation from their parents rightfully beating them for misbehaving or imperfection. Pain is really the only way children are capable of learning; they're too feral and their brains aren't developed enough to learn from anything else. Don't spoil the child, Whack them with that rod!

• It is needed

Yes its needed Nowadays children thinks that they are adults or 25 years old. Some children flirt with girls especially the class 6 students and some children watches pornographic videos. Corporal punishment is needed for those spoiled children who do not have any respect for their parents. They just constantly argue with them. I think that for their bad misbehaviour they should be punished.

• It is needed as a last resort

So I have to use an anecdote here. I feel it is relevant but I know they aren't usually. So I went to a bad school. Lower class area with not a lot of home discipline for the bad kids. And this is the problem. Other than expulsion, what is the ultimate punishment for a kid? Out of school suspension. Congratulations, you just gave this kid a vacation because his parents don't care enough. So what are you gonna do? In school suspensions over a long period of time? Good luck getting them to stay for it when you can't physically restrain the little shit. So it goes without saying that you have to teach them with something more radical and immediately harmful to them. Which is corporal punishment.

I'm sorry, but we've had corporal punishment for literally as long as there has been humanity, and only now, conveniently when it was banned, kids are completely out of control. They could be bad before, but now, even the ones who aren't predisposed to violence are getting bad. Ever seen an entire class harass a teacher? I have.

• It is relevant

Corporal punishment must be used by all the schools because it is an essential element to maintain discipline and stop those students who disrespect teachers , tease other students, throw dust into classrooms , who uses mobile phones in school which is strictly prohibited and see awkward images,videos n all.
    So, it is compulsory to have corporal punishment in schools for all those who flout the rules and norms.

• Yes it is needed

Corporal punishment is very much needed in schools. Kids these days are very disrespectful, not only to their parents, but other adults and children as well. In schools, teachers will get fired for even disciplining a child for behaving wrong. The parents will call and complain and then the teacher would get in trouble for doing what was right and disciplining. Now I believe that punishment of kids in school is a good idea for those disrespectful and "bad" kids, but if you're good and behave you wouldn't have to worry about it.

• Yes its needed

Nowadays children thinks that they are adults or 25 years old.Some children flirt with girls especially the class 6 students and some children watches pornographic videos.Corporal punishment is needed for those spoiled children who do not have any respect for their parents.They just constantly argue with them.I think that for their bad misbehaviour they should be punished.

• Hell no! At all

I don't think its necessary to hit children, For example some teachers hit children in their first grades for misbehaving like failure to be punctual whilst the parents are the ones who have made them go to school late. This makes the children feel sandwiched. This only leads to school dropouts. Children must be talked to, Given the dangers of misbehaving, Everything will be fine.

• Of course not

Most of the people writing this are adults in there 40's however i am an 11 year old girl that has always been told not to let anyone hit or touch me. The think about how the teachers feel disrespected what about the child do they not think physical punishment hurts them too? By being hit the feel extremely disrespected. I remember when my mother use to hit me it messed with my head and made me feel bad but it didn't change the way i was educated i am an advanced student but if a teacher someone hardly know where to hit me i would feel stupid and give up.

• It disturbs mentally!

These days corporal punishments in schools are becoming necessary.Actually it makes children get affected mentally and make them believe that this is the only way of teaching.As these punishments are cruel and rude,students cannot give active interaction with the particular teacher.Each and every student who is back with corporal punishments are mentally disturbed and lacks concentration.

Thus,corporal punishments can be replaced with kindness,open talks and so....Corporal punishments are not much necessary to school students.

• It is wrong

Well i read i headline a couple hours ago about this and i think it is wrong they call America a free state with humans i guess thats only for adults i wouldn't mind it if they just got a phone call to home but getting beaten is wrong its just like slavery accept they dont kill but one kid got sended to the principal offices and his wounds were so bad that he got sent to the hospital so overall i think it should be taken away :D :C :P

• Don't hit them, but do discipline them!

I don't think corporal punishment is necessary, but *some* forms of discipline are certainly needed. We've all heard the story of that school bus monitor lady who was verbally abused by the kids. She could do NOTHING to stop them; she just had to sit there and endure it. She couldn't raise her voice, she couldn't tell them that she'd write down their names and report them to the principal. That's ridiculous.

• No, it is cruel.

Corporal punishment can not be meted out by today's educators because we are finding that there is a percentage of them who either do not like children or actively abuse them. There could be other ways besides hitting or suspension to enforce a work ethic if there has been misbehavior.

• Corporal punishment in schools is not a necessary method of discipline.

Corporal punishment in schools is not a necessary method of discipline. It should have been abolished and any school still doing it should be sued. Corporal punishment is a form of physical punishment that involves the deliberate infliction of pain as retribution for an offense. It is up to the parents to ever use it on their children and should never have been allowed in schools.