• Dancing is a sport

Dancing is a sport because it takes a lot of skill, Time, Dedication and precision. Just because you don't see dancing at the Olympics, You don't see cricket either and people still consider that a sport. Feni fer tre vcds rejnjf sdnfe cvnedn dfiwejnrn dfnkg vfd grfd tre gfjhyt grtt.

• Dance Is a sport

It is a spot because it takes a much effort and skill like any other sport. Like any other sport, The sport of dance is just as popular and important as sports like football, Tennis, Or even gymnastics. Just because dance is is not in the Olympics doesn't mean it's not a sport.

• Dance is definitely a sport.

I dare you to try and go on point. . . Oh that's right, YOU CAN'T. It is incredibly draining and difficult. We also compete and get judged. Why does our sport not count but yours does? Also, There is a HUGE difference from dancing at a party and competitively. So don't even compare them. Dancing is a sport and you will NEVER be able to tell me otherwise.

• Dance is a sport. Here’s why

Dance is so much more than tiptoeing around. You have to have stamina. And a lot of it. You have to have several days of practices every week. You are also very competitive when comes to dance. Such as competitions conventions and much more. It also makes out bodies super strong and muscly. And every sport requires stretching and dance you have to stretch A LOt. It often leads to very big injuries. And you have to have the best equipment.

• You put forth a ton of effort, Sweat is involved, And there is plenty of opportunity for competition

I am just saying, But growing up a dancer, Dance was always something where you sweat a lot and spent four hours a day in a studio moving your body around. It even included a lot of competitions whether that be group or individual over the years. I loved dance and even though it is something more artistic and frilly, It is definitely a sport. Try ballet! It's not as easy as it looks.

• If u don t think that dance is a sport, Then you are just an idiot!

When I started dancing, My instructors made me cry every time I went to class when I was 4-5 yrs old! Just by trying to do perfect splits and amazing pirouettes. Now I am 15 at ABT working my ass off for next show! DANCE IS A SPORT IDIOTS! ^^

• Dancing is a sport

Like hip hop or jazz it is athletic and also competition is competing against another person/team. If you think about it dancing should be considered a sport but some people are just thinking about ballet which may not be considered a sport bout if you look at hip hop or jazz they should be considered a sport because they include athletic activities, So overall dancing is a sport

• Dance is a sport and here is why:

I think that dance is a sport, And we should be considered athletes.
    - it demands crazy stamina (and we're not supposed to show the audience how hard we're breathing)
    - it's SUPER competitive
    -it shapes our bodies
    - it makes stretching a MUST (we need to be flexible and strong)
    - it often leads to serious injuries (even more so than other athletes
    - it requires the best equipment (such as pointe shoes)
    - it takes years of training (I have danced since I was 3, And now I'm in middle school. )
    - it demands sacrifice and discipline (which many football, Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Etc. Players do not have. )

Sources: (Russo, 2018)

• Dance is sport

It is a sport because it can get you more fitness and you exercise and you get stronger and stronger with all your work you have done so I think dancing is a sport and it also get your body healthier and people love to dance like me so that why I think dance is a sport

• People are inattentive

I was reading the no's and. . I'm very angry. Dance jerseys are costumes, And "sport" jerseys can be colorful and glittery too. My sisters' soccer team (WHO AREN'T LITTLE KIDS) were wearing rainbow socks and bright colors and glitter. Some dance costumes aren't very extravagant either. Also, There are tryouts for teams and not only auditions. We have coaches for our teams obviously who help us with everything we learn. It has lots of injuries, Too. In April I broke my ankle in 3 places and have to get my second surgery on it in a month. IT IS HARD. I played soccer and basketball for 8 years and neither were as hard as my dance practices now. I'm not saying other sports aren't hard, But dance is much harder than spinning in circles and standing on tiptoes. Go watch some videos of kid dancers and try and do it. Exactly. Not trying to be rude, But I get very angry when people say dance is just some sport people do when they're 2-10.

• No, a competition but not a sport

All sports are competitions, but not all competitions are sports. Dancing can be a competition. It certainly involves physical movement, but so does darts, bowling, etc. They involve moving and point scoring, but can they be called sports? No. In a competition there is a goal or action that is scored, scores are compared between competitors, but there is no direct physical interaction between competitors that could be described as offense and defense. There would certainly be some competitions that fall into a gray area between competition and sport. Some racing events are largely without offense and defense except perhaps at key moments like along turns, and coasting behind the lead runner or lead car. But things like soccer, baseball, football, tennis, etc that contain offensive and defensive aspects fall into what I consider sports.

• Its not a sport deal with it

Its an activity because there is no ball involved. All sports have balls involved. Plus, its not considered a sport in school because in my high school you can only sign up for one sport each sport season and there are people who do dancing and a sport. Plus, the dance you are doing on stage is already planned, you know what is going to happen. In a real sport the chances are endless and you have no idea what to expect. That is why dancing is not a sport.

• What sport has fancy costumes

What sport has fancy costumes? Dancing isn't a sport becaus it's not very hard exercise. The hard spurts of exercise don't last very long and dancers are known to become anorexic. What sport has fancy costumes? If you were ment to swet you wouldn't have on some glittery tights on. Also it's a false spence of a sport when you need to use real sports skills in gym class you'd be in for a rood awakening.

• Do you ever see dancing at the Olympics

Dancing is not something that is a sport it Is more of an energetic hobby that you do even though you usually pay to go it is not as if you have special shoes for hip hop dancing or anything and I mean think about it. JUST THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Dancers get more than enough credit as it is

Dancers already get credit for being graceful and beautiful and getting years of difficult training. None of witch are easy. Athleticism wise, it is not a sport. Because what people do in dance may not be much help to an athletic body with the exception of flexibility. Methiods used in dancing are not used in any sports. Yes, I know you may gain some mucle but the gaining of mucle is not even close to the mucle you gain in a sport for example: swimming

• Not a sport

Just because you have to work hard doesn't make it a sport. Sports don't have judges, they have coaches. Sports have tryouts, not auditions. Sports teams don't spend time with makeup and hair. Sports teams have fields or arenas, not theaters or studios. Sports don't have costumes, they have jerseys . Yes in dance and sports you have to be physically fit and mentally strong, you have to practice multiple times a week and there are competitions for both. And you cant say that whoever says its not a sport is wrong, dance wasnt intended for it to be competitive in the first place either, it was supposed to be traditional an a eay of expressing yourself through movement. (by the way, yes i know how hard it is i did dance for 8 years) Dance Isnt a sport it is an art, and I don't understand why people won't accept that dance is special in its own way

• No it is not.

Dancing is not a sport! You can't get stats, and dance is more like an art all over the world.
    For the people who think it is a sport should think about what is different in a sport and dancing, in dancing you do get judged but you can not get any points relative to sports. In sports like football or soccer, they do get statism for their effort in playing the game.

• Dancing just isn't a sport.

I agree that it requires skill and training and there is competition, but it's just not a sport. In sports, there is no routine or something you have to memorize. You just do it and make decisions on the spot. For example, in soccer, you get the ball and you make a decision. You don't know what is really going to happen next. I know in dance, you sometimes have to make a routine on the spot, but it is still a ROUTINE. And anyone can dance. It can be taught and learned with the right amount of training. For instance, if you don't know how to figure the beat, someone can teach it to you. But in sports such as basketball or soccer or volleyball, some people are born with it. That's why some people are amazingly good. Also, there is no goal in dance. By that I mean when you dance, you don't think of winning. You just try to perform and do your best. That's why sports is a SPORT. You have a goal and that's winning. I am a soccer player and a volleyball player, plus a competitive dancer.

• No way Jose

A sport is always competitive and you are always required to try and out wit your opponent whereas in dancing you can just do it by your self without having to think about trying to beat somebody else. Personally, I count dancing as an Art, not a sport. But that is just my opinion, however my opinion is obviously correct ;-)

• It is not a sport!!!

If you are that passionate about dancing then you should know that it is an art! They also do not have it in the Olympics therefore its not a sport. Finally they do not work as hard as gymnasts (like me😆) and they wear preety tutus, athletes don't wear tutus!!