• I don't do dancing but I know its a sport

I don't do dancing but I know how tiring It can get constantly moving, focussing on facial expressions and making sure you have a voice at the same time. I have watched many people dance and it takes skill to dance well. Remembering the dance numbers and actually performing them with character is extremely hard. Its like horse riding, I love the sport but everyone says it isn't. We risk our lives for horse riding, we put our trust in a creature with a mind of its own, we don't just sit there and dancers don't either. They do a lot of moving around and it looks really graceful! Keep it up because I appreciate and congratulate anyone who does dancing its an amazing sport and you shouldn't listen to the haters

• We do as much practice as any other 'sport'

Dance is definitely a sport in many different ways the main reason is because we do as much practice/training as any other sport we don't just know how to dance all of a sudden we must practice hard. Also we use the same muscles to dance but we use them harder, have you not seen how many bruises a dancer gets, or how bad their feet look in a point shoe? Try doing 54 turns on one leg, that is something not anyone can do because we practice so many times a week way more than what some sports do we still run in dancing we still jump we use our body like you so how is it different? I hope you think differently about dancing now, if not then you need to try dancing out.

• It's competitive, it's a sport.

Lots of athletic morons might disagree, but pretty much everything is a sport. For gods sake, Stallone starred in a movie (not a comedy mind you) about arm wrestling. Dancing is done competitively, it's a sport. All you sports junkies who disagree with me should consider what a sport is, then try to tell me I'm wrong. See you in the comments section.

• Totally a sport

Dancing is so a sport because you have to work your but off and who doesn't sweat after dancing. Dancing takes a lot of skill and is extremely hard. I dance and in a comp I had to dance straight for 5 minutes. You try and do that peeps that say no. You are totally wrong if you think no. DANCING IS A SPORT!

• Dancing Is A Sport

Dancing is definitely a sport, because sports don't have to be a team thing. It can be individuals as well. Rhythmic Gymnastics is a form of dance. Ice Figure Skating is in the Winter Olympics, it is also a form of dance. Synchronized Swimming is in the Olympics, it is another another form of dance. Dance should be considered a sport, since these forms of dance are!

• We work really Hard

To do it. You have to be mental and physical strong. You have to have energy and muscles to do the moves and you have to have great creativity to make up the dance. You have to know the the music and be able to move with a lot of energy.

• Just look at a dictionary

An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.
    This is the definition on Google.
    Dancing involves physical exertion, skill. Individuals (or teams) compete against another for entertainment.
    The dictionary agrees that dancing is a sport, why don't you?

• Dance Is A Sport!

Cheerleading is counted as a sport? Yes, and it is kind of the same category as Dance. How is dance not a sport? It's different like hockey, and basketball are completely different and swimming? Completely different so why is dance not a sport? We work our very hard like in all the other sports. We become fit, we gain stamina and balance just like any other sport, and we gain flexibility. If dance isn't a sport why is gymnastics? The definition of sport is: an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment -Wikipedia. How doesn't dance fit into that explanation? I don't understand you're point.

• Dancing is not a sport said NO DANCER EVER!!!

I bet all the people who are saying it is not a sport dont do dancing and are into soccer or something.
    Dancing is a sport it is exercise
    not all sports use a ball and this is one of them
    it is such a hard sport to that it should be in the Olympics and it is a competitive SPORT you sometimes even compete against other dance studios like other sports
    DANCING IS A SPORT!!!

WAKE UP PEOPLE AND KNOW A SPORT WHEN YOU SEE ONE!!!

E.G. DANCING!!!!!

• Dancing is a sport.

What is sport? Is all forms of usually competitive physical activity which, through casual or organised participation, aim to use, maintain or improve physical ability and skills while providing entertainment to participants, and in some cases, spectators.
    Port is generally recognised as activities which are based in physical athleticism or physical dexterity, with the largest major competitions such as the Olympic Games admitting only sports meeting this definition,and other organisations such as the Council of Europe using definitions precluding activities without a physical element from classification as sports. However, a number of competitive, but non-physical, activities claim recognition as mind sports. The International Olympic Committee (through ARISF) recognises both chess and bridge as bona fide sports, and SportAccord, the international sports federation association, recognises five non-physical sports,although limits the amount of mind games which can be admitted as sports.
    I can sure dancing is a sport, dancing is a exercise, can keep fit and sweat.

• No, a competition but not a sport

All sports are competitions, but not all competitions are sports. Dancing can be a competition. It certainly involves physical movement, but so does darts, bowling, etc. They involve moving and point scoring, but can they be called sports? No. In a competition there is a goal or action that is scored, scores are compared between competitors, but there is no direct physical interaction between competitors that could be described as offense and defense. There would certainly be some competitions that fall into a gray area between competition and sport. Some racing events are largely without offense and defense except perhaps at key moments like along turns, and coasting behind the lead runner or lead car. But things like soccer, baseball, football, tennis, etc that contain offensive and defensive aspects fall into what I consider sports.

• Its not a sport deal with it

Its an activity because there is no ball involved. All sports have balls involved. Plus, its not considered a sport in school because in my high school you can only sign up for one sport each sport season and there are people who do dancing and a sport. Plus, the dance you are doing on stage is already planned, you know what is going to happen. In a real sport the chances are endless and you have no idea what to expect. That is why dancing is not a sport.

• What sport has fancy costumes

What sport has fancy costumes? Dancing isn't a sport becaus it's not very hard exercise. The hard spurts of exercise don't last very long and dancers are known to become anorexic. What sport has fancy costumes? If you were ment to swet you wouldn't have on some glittery tights on. Also it's a false spence of a sport when you need to use real sports skills in gym class you'd be in for a rood awakening.

• Do you ever see dancing at the Olympics

Dancing is not something that is a sport it Is more of an energetic hobby that you do even though you usually pay to go it is not as if you have special shoes for hip hop dancing or anything and I mean think about it. JUST THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Dancers get more than enough credit as it is

Dancers already get credit for being graceful and beautiful and getting years of difficult training. None of witch are easy. Athleticism wise, it is not a sport. Because what people do in dance may not be much help to an athletic body with the exception of flexibility. Methiods used in dancing are not used in any sports. Yes, I know you may gain some mucle but the gaining of mucle is not even close to the mucle you gain in a sport for example: swimming

• Not a sport

Just because you have to work hard doesn't make it a sport. Sports don't have judges, they have coaches. Sports have tryouts, not auditions. Sports teams don't spend time with makeup and hair. Sports teams have fields or arenas, not theaters or studios. Sports don't have costumes, they have jerseys . Yes in dance and sports you have to be physically fit and mentally strong, you have to practice multiple times a week and there are competitions for both. And you cant say that whoever says its not a sport is wrong, dance wasnt intended for it to be competitive in the first place either, it was supposed to be traditional an a eay of expressing yourself through movement. (by the way, yes i know how hard it is i did dance for 8 years) Dance Isnt a sport it is an art, and I don't understand why people won't accept that dance is special in its own way

• No it is not.

Dancing is not a sport! You can't get stats, and dance is more like an art all over the world.
    For the people who think it is a sport should think about what is different in a sport and dancing, in dancing you do get judged but you can not get any points relative to sports. In sports like football or soccer, they do get statism for their effort in playing the game.

• Dancing just isn't a sport.

I agree that it requires skill and training and there is competition, but it's just not a sport. In sports, there is no routine or something you have to memorize. You just do it and make decisions on the spot. For example, in soccer, you get the ball and you make a decision. You don't know what is really going to happen next. I know in dance, you sometimes have to make a routine on the spot, but it is still a ROUTINE. And anyone can dance. It can be taught and learned with the right amount of training. For instance, if you don't know how to figure the beat, someone can teach it to you. But in sports such as basketball or soccer or volleyball, some people are born with it. That's why some people are amazingly good. Also, there is no goal in dance. By that I mean when you dance, you don't think of winning. You just try to perform and do your best. That's why sports is a SPORT. You have a goal and that's winning. I am a soccer player and a volleyball player, plus a competitive dancer.

• No way Jose

A sport is always competitive and you are always required to try and out wit your opponent whereas in dancing you can just do it by your self without having to think about trying to beat somebody else. Personally, I count dancing as an Art, not a sport. But that is just my opinion, however my opinion is obviously correct ;-)

• It is not a sport!!!

If you are that passionate about dancing then you should know that it is an art! They also do not have it in the Olympics therefore its not a sport. Finally they do not work as hard as gymnasts (like me😆) and they wear preety tutus, athletes don't wear tutus!!