• In the end, Darth Vader is a hero

Darth Vader is a hero for the following reasons: He sacrificed himself for luke, he spared luke twice, he turned on Palpatine, he felt guilty about Padme,and he returned to the light side after destroying planets for a living,. Thus I believe Darth Vader is not JUST good, but a true hero.

• He is a balancer

He is a balancer. According to jedi code life is unbalanced because of one should be live without passion. He have great passions about life and just because he needs to know dark side of the force. He sacrified himself to give the balance of the force. So he is a balancer of the force he is really a hero.

• Yes he is

I think he did what he had to do in order to save the people he loves he saved Luke from Palpatine and his spirit went to the good side which I think is proof he diserved to go there so he was good he just when through a rough part in his life and seeing his son was alive made him see the good inside of him

• Darth Vader is a bad guy

He helped kill many Jedi, like the panawans and Mace Windu. He kept a sith alive and he commited many crimes. Many died beucaes of him. He is defenify a bad guy. He is part of the dark side . . . . . . . . . . L

• Depends if you're a rebel or with the empire.

Was George Washington a good guy or a bad guy? He was known to be an extremely strict authoritarian, like Vader, he killed many people, employed mercenaries, caused financial ruin to many people who were not directly involved in the war but did have investments in the American colonies. He undoubtedly told lies, despite the nursery rhyme's claim. Nearly froze.And starved.His troops.At.Valey forge... I'm sure that the list could go on and on.. In short, show me any high ranking war hero, and I'll show you an ideologically driven killer capable of disregarding the value of human life. Likewise, if you produce a villian, I'm sure they can argue that what they were doing what they judged to be was for the best.

• He is Good

He was clouded by the Emperor's hatred and judgement for the jedi and was convinced that by joining the Dark Side of the force he could save Padme after he couldn't save his mother after she was killed by sand people. All up he is a good guy just misunderstood

• Yes but did bad things

The whole reason he became darth Vader was love and fear love for his family and the fear of losing them everybody has those same fears if he is a bad guy so is everyone else. He did do horrible things but did them for s normal reason not excusing it but he's. It's such a barb person

• He had no control

Why? Because when he lost everything, he reverted to his default setting, that which of a slave. When everything else in his like was gone, one person had supported him, the Emperor (though under a disguise), and when everything, even his friends (the Emperors) disguise disappeared, all he had left was his life as a slave, a state of mind he fell back on to preserve what was left of his mind/self. In the end his son brought him out of it and killed the evil Emperor.

• Only killed 4 people on-screen

He kills 4 people total in episodes IV, V & VI. He really has a lot of chances to kill people, but doesn't. Sure, he destroys a planet, but only because no one listens to him. He's just a poor, mislead child when you think about it. L l l

• He is definitely a hero!

Darth Vader (Anakin Skywalker) ended up bringing balance to the force at the end. He became Palpatine's apprentice just so he could save his wife, and at the end of RotJ he doesn't let the Emperor kill Luke. Many say this is a good trait of Luke Skywalker when he doesn't kill Vader, but Vader doesn't kill Luke either, so he is actually a hero.

• Ignoring the prequels

Ignoring the prequels (for obvious reasons) I would have to say that Darth Vader was not a good guy. In the end he is a redeemed villain, but he did take part in the destruction of an entire planet, is responsible for some major suffering throughout the galaxy and murders quite a few people over the course of the trilogy. I think if he didn't die at the end, then he would have to spend the rest of life atoning for his crimes. A mass murderer saving someone's life and saying sorry does not automatically make them good. He is a bit of a tragic villain, but still a villain.

• There is no way anyone can claim that Darth Vader was a good guy.

Vader killed Mace Windu when the Jedi Master was attempting to arrest and execute a man who had begun a civil war with the intent of gaining absolute power; he participated in the massacre of the Jedi order, which led to their virtual extinction, and did not hesitate to kill children; furthermore, he order the destruction of an entire planet and its inhabitants. This is not an exhaustive list. Just because in the end he decided to kill Sidious and save his son it doesn't mean that he was "good".

• Anakin Skywalker is good. Darth Vader is bad.

Anakin Skywalker was a great guy. He followed the Jedi way, hated when people broke the Jedi way, and always put others first. Even since he was a young boy. With that said, he was put through a lot in his life. His mom died, his wife died, he really had no family, he was constantly battling acceptance. Anakin himself was very good. But since he was weak, Palpatine managed to corrupt his mind and turn him bad. So Anakin is good, Darth Vader is bad. It isn't until Luke Skywalker brings the Anakin out of Darth that Darth shows any good. But even then, Darth Vader is still bad. It's just that Anakin was still alive in that dark soul.

• Pham Nguyen Hoan My

I have seen the Star wars series many time and i think that Anakin just good when he was small. In part I, He forgive himself because of the benefits for Obiwan and his master. But when he grow up, I feel like his personality has changed, His mind corrupted.

• He was ALWAYS bad!

Darth Vader was always bad. Although Annikin was good, He was weak. His mind was corrupted TOO easily. Anyone with a truly good heart wouldn't turn evil so easily. Yes, He did save Luke in the end. Yes, He sacrificed himself. But adding up all the bad things he did, His good deeds have been outnumbered. Years of slaughtering. Bloodbaths. Betrayal. All he got out of it was hate, And a tragic death.

• Good and Bad

I vote that Darth Vader is neither good nor bad. Why? Because not just was he good before his mind was corrupted, But he also sacrificed himself to save Luke. Then again, He did kill a lot of people. Again, I state my opinion. He is not good nor bad. Life isn't just black and white, For there are shades of gray. And Darth Vader isn't evil or good. Maybe you should all rethink.

• Good and Bad

• He is one of the most iconic supervillains ever.

He killed Obi-Wan and children! He is a TERRIBLE person! There is no way he is a good guy! He’s extremely monstrous! If he was a Jedi and not a Sith, he wouldn’t have killed Obi-Wan and children because killing is not the Jedi way! HE IS A BAD GUY!

• Vader bad he is

Blinded by his love for padme he was easily seduced by the darkside he was already breaking jedi code by being in love and hiding this secret he admitted to killing the sand people even children and all the jedi even the padawan kids he is a bad jedi this is before Vader so he was a bad guy all the way saving his son didnt make him better he cut his hand off before he saved him even then he ended up betraying everyone he knew he was for sure evil and didnt even care so vader bad anakin bad ..He was the most evil villian in star wars history till kylo.. Shame he had to die though he couldve changed if he had lived.

>