• He is definitely a hero!

Darth Vader (Anakin Skywalker) ended up bringing balance to the force at the end. He became Palpatine's apprentice just so he could save his wife, and at the end of RotJ he doesn't let the Emperor kill Luke. Many say this is a good trait of Luke Skywalker when he doesn't kill Vader, but Vader doesn't kill Luke either, so he is actually a hero.

• He is wonderful

He saves his son so in my opinion he is good he is amazing and he does what he needs to to save his sons life!!!!!!! YAY LIVE LOVE DARTH VADER LOVE HIM SO MUCH HE IS THE BEST GUY IN THE WORLD AND HE IS AMAZING AND GOOD AND LOVE

• There is goodness inside of them

The most evil sith lord of all is palpatine (darth sidious) not anakin.Clone wars was eventually useless for the republic ,it's just a manipulation game monitored by the sith lord.At the end clone trooper betray the jedi and republic but stay loyal only to the chancellor alone.So blame it on clones and the chancellor not anakin.Even without anakin ,the republic would has been destroyed anyway as long as the palpatine stand in the position of chancellor.So anakin is actually inherently good because he kill the emperor at the end of the episode.So he is neither bad nor good,i would say he is both a heroes and a bad guy.

• He is Good

Anakin was lured away to the dark side by Palpatine, throughout episode 5 and 6 we could clearly see his love for his son and his growing distaste for Palpatine and his evil ways. By saving Luke and killing Palpatine, he effectively saved the rebellion. Therefore making him a tragic protagonist in the Star Wars Saga.

• I agree with stephannoi

I agree with stephannoi because my good friend fraser is a lot like darth vader. He fucked up his exams like darth vader fucked up the jedi but with the help of shaun he turned it around and passed ll his exams. Even if he didn't get 7 A's like he should have so he did fuck up. Basically he is a fuck up!

• I agree with stephannoi

I agree with stephannoi cause if you think about it darth vader is a lot like my good friend fraser. He fucked up his prelims like vader fucked up the jedi. But with help from shaun he really pulled it around in the exams and didn't get 7as like he should have.

• Yes he is good

I although believe that darth vader is inherently good like anakin.Anakin and darth vader are the same person but just different version.Yes at the end of episode 6 he save luke skywalker life and kill palpatine.If it not because of darth vader the empire would win and luke would die.

• He is a real hero!

• He is good...

I believe he is doing bad for a good reason. All he wanted was to keep his family and loved ones safe, just like any of us. After his mom died he was told that if he trained to become a Jedi knight he would have the powers to heal anyone. And he basically killed everyone who stood in the way of that.

• He is good

You can tell in episode iii that he knew it was wrong to kill Count Dooku but he did it anyway because Palpatine told him too, so you can see what type of influence the emperor had over him. He only turned to the dark side because he felt he had no other choice to save Padame's life and once she died, he had already killed the younglings and committed all those terrible things that he couldn't go back to the light side.

• He blew up a planet. Worse than Hitler and Stalin combined.

See headline. There really isn't much more needed. If Hitler saved his son at the end of WW II by killing his boss, Well Hitler really didn't have a boss, So bad analogy. Let's say Goebles saved his son, Who it turns out was a U. S. Soldier, By killing Hitler, Does that make Goebles a good guy? I say no, But you all have to live with yourselves, So you go ahead and believe what you want.

• Unredeemable as a character.

Massacred whole planets, Enslaved others, Let crime run rampant, Killed the jedi/children it's like trying to excuse Hitler just because he was Mentally ill of which no one can. Also him just massacring the jedi temple just because he was told to was really unconvincing. Out of all the things he did the only thing he did good wise was save Luke. He only saved Luck out of his own selfishness which is a Sith trait.

• Pham Nguyen Hoan My

I have seen the Star wars series many time and i think that Anakin just good when he was small. In part I, He forgive himself because of the benefits for Obiwan and his master. But when he grow up, I feel like his personality has changed, His mind corrupted.

• He was ALWAYS bad!

Darth Vader was always bad. Although Annikin was good, He was weak. His mind was corrupted TOO easily. Anyone with a truly good heart wouldn't turn evil so easily. Yes, He did save Luke in the end. Yes, He sacrificed himself. But adding up all the bad things he did, His good deeds have been outnumbered. Years of slaughtering. Bloodbaths. Betrayal. All he got out of it was hate, And a tragic death.

• Good and Bad

I vote that Darth Vader is neither good nor bad. Why? Because not just was he good before his mind was corrupted, But he also sacrificed himself to save Luke. Then again, He did kill a lot of people. Again, I state my opinion. He is not good nor bad. Life isn't just black and white, For there are shades of gray. And Darth Vader isn't evil or good. Maybe you should all rethink.

• He is one of the most iconic supervillains ever.

He killed Obi-Wan and children! He is a TERRIBLE person! There is no way he is a good guy! He’s extremely monstrous! If he was a Jedi and not a Sith, he wouldn’t have killed Obi-Wan and children because killing is not the Jedi way! HE IS A BAD GUY!

• Vader bad he is

Blinded by his love for padme he was easily seduced by the darkside he was already breaking jedi code by being in love and hiding this secret he admitted to killing the sand people even children and all the jedi even the padawan kids he is a bad jedi this is before Vader so he was a bad guy all the way saving his son didnt make him better he cut his hand off before he saved him even then he ended up betraying everyone he knew he was for sure evil and didnt even care so vader bad anakin bad ..He was the most evil villian in star wars history till kylo.. Shame he had to die though he couldve changed if he had lived.

• He is horrible

He KILLED CHILDREN! He abused his wife and killed her. Not Raising His Kids
    Killed His Master Obi-Wan
    Slaughtered Jedi Temple on Mustafar
    Cut Off His Son’s Hand
    Tortured His Daughter Leia
    Let His Daughter’s Home Planet Get Destroyed
    Violently Beat Rush Clovis Out of Jealousy
    Destroyed Several Rebel Squadrons
    Made His Son an Orphan
    Killed Mace Windu
    He destroyed planets

• One good deed does not redeem a man of a lifetime of wickedness

Return of the Jedi came out before Revenge of the Sith, so Anakin in his first moments of being Darth Vader was not known to the public. After I watched Revenge of the Sith, I concluded that Vader is beyond redemption. He slaughtered a bunch of younglings, almost strangled his wife to death and almost killed his own mentor. Redemption is not an option for that monster.

• He is Evil

Anakin Skywalker was obviously good but with some noticeably flaws early in his life. Obi Wan and Yoda started to notice his impatience and anger in life and quickly predicted what path he could be going down. Anakin slaughtered children and Mace Windu all for his wife. Vader is evil.