• Is drawing real art? My opinion is that yes, drawing is art.

What is art? According to the Oxford dictionary;

Art - noun

1.
    The expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power.
    ...
    4. Skill at doing a specified thing, typically one acquired through practice. I.E., ' The art of conversation.'

An argument may be made that the technical definition typically associated with 'art' points to painting, sculpting, or choreographed dance/theatrics. However, if you rewind an artists painting to the time it was first conceived as an idea and sketched on canvas, before paint is applied, it is a 'drawing'. To clarify, the definition of drawing being referenced is taken from the oxford dictionary;

Drawing - noun
    1. Picture or diagram made with a pencil, pen, or crayon rather than paint.
    ‘a series of charcoal drawings on white paper'

In conclusion, my opinion on whether drawing is real art, I say that it is. Art comes from a creativity expressed by a conscious human being, not a legalistic definition.

>