• Truth needs to be known

There is no reason for the government to watch or hear Americans via cell phones/ computer lenses. This is a violation of our rights ! If the crazies want to be crazy then let them, you cant arrest people for thoughts, that's a violation of our rights as the human race.

• Is this even a question?

If it weren’t for him we would have never known how the government was unconstitutionally spying on US citizens. He’s a hero for risking his safety to be a whistleblower and make sure the American people know what their government is doing right in front of us. There is no argument that can stand easily.

• Edward Snowden is a Hero

Our government has access to thousands of phone records, and large amounts of data from from US based internet companies including Facebook, Google, and Yahoo, and has also broken the fourth amendment of the Constitution. Without Snowden, we would never have known what our government was doing, illegally and behind our backs. Thank you Edward Snowden!

• Yes he jhn gjoiulhg

Yguy8ygtfcghyuihyfdcgxyhujhygfdgyhuijhuigytgdyhuijuhiygtyuit gg g g v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v sjhv sauh re8yqfg ruifgsdiuhgvfsdiuhyg siv gds gvg vgvgvgv gv gv gv gvg g v gvg g vggvg gv gv g vg g vg vg

• Right thing to do

People need privacy. The government works for the people. Government may need privacy (keep secrets) in order to do a better work for the people. Total governmental transparency for its constituents would defeat this purpose, so "the law" is the only bridge between the people and certain governmental agencies activities. If the law is not being followed, then people may end up with a unbounded group of people that are essentially dictators, warlords. The opacity cannot grow darker so that the law is neglected. Snowden rose awareness to this problem.

• Snowden did his best

Snowden saw an illegal and unconstitutional act happening by a government that thought it was above the law. He was scared, as all of us would have been, and he knew that if he legally reported it, he could be silenced, and it could all have been covered up. Though he did not handle the situation perfectly, and committed treason, I would really like to see someone state better option that lacks the danger of cover up.

• Eric Snowden is a hero Kama a patriot, and a National Treasure!...

In George Orwell's novel, 1984, O'Brien, Winston Smiths torturer, says to him during a torture session, " if you want a vision of the future, Winston, imagine a boot stamping on a human face forever." THIS is what all government eventually metastasizes into if not constantly and vigilantly monitored by its citizens! America needs thousands of Edward Snowdens to reign in an out-of-control power hungry federal government that is threatening to Stamp Out All civil liberties, tear up the Constitution and reduce us all to Slaves of the state...!

• Giving his life for country willingly

Giving up his life for our freedom and being brave enough to fight to make people aware of what is being hidden from us by big government. To me it's just like fighting for your country in military and get deployed. To be that passionate about our country and our freedom shows a lot of courage anyway you look at it.

• Stood up to corruption.

When you are given a lot of power and dont have to answer to anyone, youre gonna end up abusing that power sooner or later. The NSA uses the term 'classifed' just as an excuse to continue their illegal spying. Governments are afraid of losing their power to us, the people. That is why they are always looking to put down people like edward snowden and julian assange.

• A large portion of the NSA leadership should be wanted, and preferably behind bars, while Snowden should be allowed to live freely.

The NSA had for years denied that they could view information about anyone without going trough the FBI first, even in court the top leaders of the NSA denied it. In a democracy, ruled by the people, the people need to know what the goverment can do, and what they are doing. What Snowden did was simply revealing the truth, which the people should be allowed to know from day 1 of the project, not years after all leaders of the project have lied to the court! All the leaders of the NSA who denied that they were unable to collect information about anyone without asking the FBI should be in prison for lying under oath! But as it is Snowden is wanted for a breach of a spy act from ww1 that dosen't separate between giving information to the media and other nations. That is the ONLY thing that the US has on Snowden, he only broke a nearly 100 year old law that shouldn't be usable in court. But as Snowden has gone against the parts of the goverment that view themselves as above the law, where many of them has broken one of the most important laws of the nation, to speak the truth, and only the truth in court, the result is Snowden has to seek refugee in countries that can't be preasured into handing him over by the US, while those who should be removed from their position and put behind bars are still doing whatever they please.

• Nonononononono nonon nonon

Edward Snowden is a traitor

There were many channels that he could have gone through; he could have contacted his admin, or have written to a congressman. I disagree with some of the things in the PATRIOT act, however he did betray his country. If he thought what he did was correct, then he would have assumed that if he was taken to trial, he would not have been tried; however he did run, and is now saying that Obama is a lizard person!

• Not a hero

He claims to be a freedom fighter, but then he releases government secrets which are put in place to keep us secure, then hides in Russia... A man looking for freedom hiding in russia... Ironic isn't it? He comprimised the security of the american goverment to make a point about how we are being spy'd on. Sure he did the right thing, but at least he could have done it in a less revealing fashon that comprimised the american security agency and their secrets. We want to be private yet we expose others

• This non-hero claims to be a hero but doesn't even wear a cape.

Snowden claims that his actions were executed for the betterment of the American population. He states that the exposure of the confidential information was liable to public scrutiny, and too many decisions were made "under the table". Typically, one would agree. Government actions are meant to protect the people, and thus, they should be shared with said people. But in this case, such information compromises national security and should never have been released.

• I think he meant well, ideally he is right, but his actions were misguided.

We live in world so totally different than anything in the past. Trying to be proactive rather than reactive is in the best interest of everyone.
    9/11 changed the way we see the world. But even with all of the information we have, as in 9/11 they were asleep at the helm.
    It will never be 100% due to human error. But vigilance is key.

• Not a hero in my limited knowledge of the facts ...

Snowden broke the law and has placed America in harms way by his revelations. I for one do not know if all I read/researched is completely true, however I believe I was safer before this came to light than I am today. I want to believe that our intelligence gathering has to be in depth to keep America safe and if that means sifting thru our emails, phone calls, social media posts then I am fine with that. If you have nothing to hide and you are truly doing nothing what does it really matter? Video surveillance I have a problem with ANYONE coming in my home. My family is scared to me and to that I say, "Don't Tread on Me." My only hesitation is why hasn't the government put up a public display allowing those to come forward like Snowden. Wouldn't that clear all of this up?

• He is not a Hero

A lot of people will say that Edward Snowden is a patriot or a hero, however this is simply false. By revealing the information that he did, he put the U.S. at risk. If he had really thought that what he was doing was right, then he would have stayed for trial instead of feeling to Hong Kong and then Russia. Has it not occured to any of you that there is a reason that Russia granted him political asylum. He was entrusted with U.S. secrets and he broke that trust. For those of you that say that people should be able to know what he released, its simple. If you are not a criminal, if you are not doing anything illegal, then what do you have to worry about!

• Edward Snowden is a traitor

• Nope hes not

Hes no hero but he's not a traitor a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a

• Maybe a Russia/China Hero but definitely not an American Hero

Whether or not you like it the government will collect information however they damn well please and I give 0 fucks how they do so as I am not breaking the law. The only people who think this guy is a hero are criminals. There is nothing this guy did that benefited me, in fact he put my life in more danger by revealing American secrets that our government trusted him with. There is a reason he is pardoned in Russia... If you people are so blind as to think the US is the only country spying on their citizens then you have no understanding of how the world works. Snowden is a coward, a liar, and he disrepected his own nation. He is in no way a hero by any standards.

• A traitor who did nothing for ideology nut very much for his own interest.

He reveals how fake he is by choosing the two worst examples of information control, so he can't live in US but is ok with Russia and China??? Btw he doesn't even mention that many of the instruments in the hand of the NSA are to counterbalance those of Russia and China who everyday spy on US and European citizens and firms.... Traitor and death penalty is what I think of him.