• Its unnatural in nature

The reason fat people are uglier is purely instinct. We are attracted to fit people because fitness conveys strength. And strength is an appealing trait to pass on to the next generation. Survival of the fittest. Its inborn instinct to want to pass these genes on to your kids which is why, as harsh as some may think it is to hear, fat people are ugly

• Fat is ugly

Obviously fat is ugly. We are born to criticize and mock the flaw of an individual, may they show a bald head, fat fingers or just being fat. Im not going to be a big cliche here but, we have to face it, fat is ugly and it is unhealthy. If you are thin you can do everything most of the time. Finish your task swiftly or be better at your job.

• Unhealthy and ugly

If you respect yourself and have no serious medical condition, There is no reason why you wouldn't eat better and exercises.

You can make excuses but don't try to change society in order to justify your sloppy and undisciplined lifestyle.
    You also cannot force people to be attracted to fat people.

• Fat is unhealthy

Fat ( overweight or obese ) is ugly because it represents an unhealthy way of living that may lead to death. Being unhealthy should never be normalized nor seen as beautiful. Obesity is a global pandemic. It is abnormal. And as beauty is rooted in normality, It is indeed ugly.

• Excessive fat is not good to look at

Excessive fat is not attractive, Folds and bulges don't look good, I really don’t know how anyone can say a fat figure can be attractive, And I think the people who say fat can be attractive are generally the ones that are overweight, But just have not the will power or just are not bothered enough to control it, Of course people have different metabolic rates and the lucky ones don’t have to try to control their weight, People have a choice they can control their weight and keeping your weight down is better for your health, This bull about some people ballooning up because of a health problem is just that, If you don’t take in the calories you can’t possibly gain excess weight, You get people who are fat that say I hardly eat anything, It’s total bull, They are eating the wrong type of food, I’ve never ever heard of anyone who goes on a serious diet not losing weight, Obviously certain drugs can cause weight to balloon. Don’t get me wrong my wife is over weight and I love her for more than what she looks like, But now she is realising that her excessive weight is making the strain on her arthritic knees much worse and she is on a diet, But the thing is She is a fatty but the amount of people that comment on her attractive face at 63 is incredible, My mother at 50 was naturally very thin but her face looked like a wrinkled prune because of it. Women are very touchy about their weight and it winds me up, If you are touchy about your weight then get off your arse and do something about it for goodness sake or accept that people will think you are fat. On the other side, Their are thin people that may look attractive but are positively obnoxious people, Give me a fatty any day over a someone like that, Not to say there aren’t Fat obnoxious people they are the ones you would call a fat bastard and mean it

• Yes, It is

As much as fat-shaming is WRONG, It doesn't make being fat beautiful. Aside from the aesthetical view, Since we live in societies, Everything we do/show/say/think is a signal we send (aware or not) to others: clothes we wear, How we argue, How we display affection or hate. So, Being fat signals lack of discipline, Lack of health, Lack of self-care, Lack of self-esteem. Anyone should be aware when is getting a little out of way. Nobody gets fat overnight. So, Ignoring early opportunities (changing course of actions) for more instant gratification shows how much commitment, Professionalism or discipline a fat person has. In a word: ugly

• Its digusting to be fat, All women are now fat slobs

Look around, They are 2 1/2 times AT LEAST bigger than I am at a 220lb man! Huge ugly slob beasts, Now theyre gay lesbos too? Vomit/puke/hurl. On top of that they hate men? NO THEY HAYE THEMSELVES and we hate them too. . Totally repulsive to see the wobbling lard piles jabbadahut selves they say they are 'so proud of''ha!

• Yes. It is like not brushing your teeth or taking a bath.

It is like eating junk, Without brushing your teeth. No one would deny, That having black teeth is ugly. There may be some individual out there, Being attracted to black teeth, But still, It is okay to say, In general it is not attractive. It is okay to not want to date someone who does not brush his teeth, Right? But we should all pretend like eating junk without balancing it out is somewhat beautiful? It is not. That is not because of "society". Fat = Out of shape = in general not attractive = ugly.

• Fat is unnatural.

Obesity is unnatural for the human body. We aren't destined to be obese at birth. It's the decisions you make leading up to obesity. Health, social, and emotional problems occur from obesity, and it is a factor in heart attacks, the most common death cause in the US. The human body is not tailored to be obese. Our society finds obese people ugly due to the fact that it's unnatural. Children of obese people can have a wide range of health defects ranging from asthma to heart failure. (Disclaimer: I don't hate obese people, just want them to change for the better. :) ) Overall, fat is ugly, stop putting your feelings over fact.

• Fat is ugly

Being a fat person myself (110kg) fat is ugly I don't say it but every fat person I see is usually ugly, yeah there are some fat people out their that can't control their weight ( like eating healthy and exercisimg regularly) because of medical conditions but they are still ugly, our faces are fat and round the clothes we wear are ugly too, and fat people are lazy and stubborn usually have no confidence which makes them not bothered to and see no point fat people are ugly and nothing can change that they will always be ugly if they are fat

• Fat and ugly are not in my vocabulary

Just because your overweight doesn't mean your ugly everyone is beautiful and there for ugly dose not exist, but there is ugly on the
    Inside, but I don't think fat is ugly it may not be everyone's cup of tea
    And all but like I said NO ONES UGLY NO ONE!

• Beauty is subjective

Although fat is usually deemed as unattractive, that is not taking into account that modern society has deemed it so. We judge beauty by unattainable standards of beauty in social media; in many cultures fat people are seen as more attractive than thinner people. And though it's very much possible that a fat person could have an attractive bone structure according to western standards, you can never truly state as a fact that fat is ugly, because there are no real answers to the questions "what is fat" and "what is ugly". It is widely known that obesity is unhealthy, but what they don't tell you is that it's much more complicated than laziness. Most people who are sicnifficantly obese do have a physical disorder and literally cannot lose weight no matter what their lifestyle. If the question is has modern western civilization deemed fat as "unattractive" than my answer would be yes. But regarding the question is fat ugly, no, because their are to many factors to consider to really give an unbiased yes.

• Not Everyone Is Built the Same

I always say what my doctor tells me, "just because your are overweight, doesn't mean you're not healthy." I'm a dancer and I am always judged on my appearance for jobs and such. I'm usually not the skinniest person at an audition. But I might be the healthiest. My weight has nothing to do with the health condition that I am in. Everyone is different when it comes to being healthy, and being not healthy. Judge someone's beauty based on outer surfaces is not fair to the person, because you know nothing about them or their lifestyles. And assuming that they're unhappy or don't take care of themselves is extremely judgmental. Maybe the ugly one is on the other side of the looking glass ...

• Size should not matter.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to shed a few pounds to be healthy but Society has this thing where they degrade or belittle fat people. What really should matter is what's on the inside instead of focusing on imperfections of the human body. Constantly focusing a person's faults contributes to them feeling bad about themselves and having a low self esteem. We are all beautiful. Size shouldn't matter. Society or people have the tendency of judging people on how they look instead of getting to know the true beauty of them which is their personality. So we really need to be careful about the way we treat and view people. Like I said there is nothing wrong with if you overweight trying to get into a healthy weight range, but our main focus should be primarily on that, it should be about us getting to know them as an individual.

• Failing to see how they are

I fail to see how the two are interchangeable. While the media portrays fitness, fashion, glamour models as sexy due to their bodies; It's their facial structure as well that attracts people.

You can be fat and nice have a nice smile. I have been attracted to be who are overweight, because oft this.

Posted by: Jado
  • No, not necessarily

Highly subjective question: What constitutes fat? What constitutes ugly? A fat person might have an extremely attractive face and still manage to be attractive in a society that currently values thinner people or muscled people. I have certainly been attracted to women that might be deemed "fat" end end end

• Beauty is subjective

I may be a little biased because I myself could lose a few pounds, but in my opinion, although fat people are often unattractive, it is not always the case. There are plenty of people who are strictly speaking overweight who I find very attractive. But at the end of the day, physical beauty is not factual or objective, it is subjective, so no one can say objectively what is beautiful and what is not.

• Its all a point of view.

Beauty is a social, not a natural construct, that means we can base what we consider beauty to be on our own opinions, not facts. For me (being a fat man and all) all I can say is that no, I do not find it ugly. Beauty, for me, is in the face, and not in the body, and that if you had a morbidly obese body, you are still able to be beautiful if you have a good face.
    (P.S - I'm not being rude here, but admit it, we all have opinions of who, and what, is beautiful)

• If you feel that fat people are ugly, it doesn't mean everyone else feels the same way.

Ignorance is the word that describes those who think everyone views fat people as ugly. Many people are so stupid and blind that they fail to recognize how others act around them. Have you not seen two fat people in a stable relationship? Have you not seen a fat person and a skinny person who were in love? Everyone has a different perspective, thus you cannot make the claim that society views fat people as ugly. A society is made up of a variety of people: some may view fat as ugly and some may not. For those that think fat people are ugly, recognize that that is your opinion. It's not a fact!

• Beauty is Life

Beauty is life. In the end appearances don't matter, and just because your skinny does not mean you're healthy. Some people can't loose weight due to medical issues they were born with. Some people can't gain weight, because of medical issues. In the end, "Fat" people are human beings, and human beings are living creatures. And like all living creatures, They too are beautiful.

NormalGuy says2015-11-12T00:21:47.273
I'm neutral on this one, because beauty is somewhat subjective, so someone that is attractive to me might be unattractive to you, and vice versa. There are a lot of chubby girls thinking they are fat even though they look fine. But take note that being fit (not skinny) have a lot of benefits, you'll be more confident, you'll get more chances, you're healthier physically and mentally.