• Equality vs Equity: Equal outcome vs fairness

Feminism wants equal outcome. Wage inequality for example, women get paid less than men for the same job for many factors explained in a multi-variable analysis. The reasons why do not matter, even if it is just. All that matters to third wave feminism is equal outcome. And only for things in which women are failing at. When's the last time you heard a feminist complaining that the rate of women in prison is too low in comparison to men?

• Womens' oppression is based on their gender.

The oppression of women is based on their gender, and external, that is they are oppressed based on their gender, and not because of anything they have done, not that actions are a reason for persecution or oppression, as values placed on actions are decided by society and are subject to change.

I would further infer that most of mens' oppression is class based i.E, doing dangerous work, the risk of homelessness, and the exceptions of men are rooted in notions of masculinity.

• Feminism is defined as equality

A mistake almost all Americans make is, they think that America is the only country in the world. While you may be having problems with your feminists, in the rest of the world, feminists are risking their lives trying to be able to drive, fighting for equal pay, and even to trying to go to school! There are countries that are punishing all feminists!! And these feminists are now being grouped in the same group as people who claim to be feminists but are just man haters...

• Feminism is about equality.

Whilst, I have to admit, some people overdo feminism, try to make women better than men, the original root of feminism still echoed by many feminists today is equality - to be treated the same. Why some think women are better than men, I don't know. But feminism is a movement for equality.

Posted by: Tib
  • TRUE feminism is about equality, not todays definition of feminism

Feminism is the advocacy of women's rights, based on the equality of genders. That is what the real feminism is. What modern day "feminists" call feminism is not about equality. What they do and what they fight for is condemn and try to make men feel bad for being men, to blame them for what men in the past did to take away women's rights. True feminism is about equality. True feminists want equal pay, not more than men. We want to be able live independently without suffering for not relying on a man to support us because that just isn't realistic anymore.

I do not call myself a feminist because of the negative connotation my generation has put on it, but in its true form, yes, I am a feminist because I believe in equality of the sexes.

• Feminists are one sided and misinformed

Modern day feminists are just misinformed complaining hypocrites.
    Most feminists are too stubborn to admit that we have reached such eaquality that they are better than men.
    Also if you are going to argue something, don’t ignore facts and be one sided, be open to opinions and new opinions. #why I don’t need feminism

• Don't be stupid.

Women used to be treated as second class citizens with second class rights, but things have changed. They used to not be able to vote, not be able to leave the house without their husband's permission, etc. Thanks to civil rights movements women now have every right that a man does and at this point feminists are only fighting to be even more privileged than men which they definitely don't deserve to be. If feminists would simply except that men and women are already treated equal our country would be a lot better off.

• It's not anymore.

Sure, when it started, many women were treated as second class citizens as men had all the rights. Over time, this has changed and women not only have equal rights but the legal ability to sue if they have been wronged. For a long time, they have had nothing left to fight for as they already have it for a long time. Since then, it seams like they have been fighting to be privileged.

• In some places it is needed but not the USA anymore

Seriously, USA feminists are the most toxic you can find, they try to make up excuses to keep going, they completly ignore sexism in other countries, AND nowadays 75% of when femints protest, its about how they are not the same as "feminazis", feminsm is needed but not in america

• Feminists do not really know what they want.

They support they want to be treated equally, but men and women are 2 different genders. They can't be exactly the same, and trying to do so is unnatural. I definitely believe that women should have the same RIGHTS as men, but I also believe women should not work in bad conditions with high amounts of physical effort. We should all be equal without being the same, men can do some things women can't, and the other way around.

A true feminist would expect getting punched in the face may happen when being disrespectful to a man, just like a man would expect that as a possibility. However I do not believe men should hit women, simply because of the different way we are made. If a man and a woman both follow the same lifestyle, the man is going to probably be stronger (and the woman will probably be better at problem-solving and organized thinking) it can be called equality even if we're not exactly the same.

• Not about equal rights

This is not about equal rights anymore they already have them and they change the term rape to mean many different things no wonder we
    don´t believe most rape allegations. We don´t live in a rape culture and looking at you because your screaming at some man about being a strong independent woman because he was holding the door for you.

• Judging How It Really Is, No.

Feminism actually emasculates men and destroys the self esteem of both women and girls. Putting your gender on a pedestal and excluding men is the opposite of what these patrons claim to support. Plus women have rights already and function fine in society already. Why mess with something that's not broken?

• Just around to offend men.

It was at first but now it has lost sight of its agenda. I feel like now it is very unfriendly to men. When someone says that he doesn't like a women leader feminists assume its sexist and not because he doesn't support their decisions. I was organizing something for my school and a women appointed herself as leader and started rejecting everybody's ideas which I did not support and when I said something about it someone said I was being sexist. I feel like its sexist to assume somebody is sexist without hearing what they have to say.

• Just around to offend men.

• Sorry but no.

I was a feminist for quite a while, I use to think feminism is d=for equality, But really its not. Feminist don't even know what they are talking about. Of course I belive that women need a BIT more equal rights but as for a women myself, We do not need to go over the top just for men can notice the fact that our sex is not equal to theirs.

>