• Its porno bro

Agagah so much vagina fist punch jab insertion thrust thumb try finger but hole fig newton looking ass imma xkmw over therr check out this devious lick my guy i stole a literal school bus a ficking bus im gonna use it to drive my classmates to sa club nick

• Its a porno

Do i even need to argue this

now the rest of my comment is to fill the word count so heres some of my favourite words in my vocabulary.
    1 frankfurt
    2 buns
    3 cough
    4 gnome
    5 macades
    6 hoolio
    7 kankles
    8 bee
    9 halt
    10 capsicunt
    11 marina (other wise she will desex me like a k9 that raped a pole)

• You know it when you read it.

It's clearly intended to be read in order to arouse sexual urges, Desires, And fantasies. It's explicit and exploitative. Also, It leverages those features to make up for the very poor writing.

I feel like the main argument against is that it's only prose, But prose can be porn too.

• Definitely porn. Why is it a debate?

If you show anyone clips of it, They'll say it's porn. If you let anyone read it, They'll say it's erotica (word porn).

But the moment you tell them it's popular and it's released by Hollywood, The public opinion divides.

People tend to follow trends and popular stuff. And in a democratic society, We are brainwashed to think everything popular and mainstream is good and holy.

• This movie is definitely pornographic - which is not a bad thing

Pornography has a very negative connotation in today's society. Women experience much more thru the mind whereas men thru the eyes. The erotica in the book is no different than a mainstream pornographic movie placed into words in a book. And the movie - the only difference between the visual in the movie and mainstream porn is the use of a "wee bag". Take a look at movies on Cinemax or the Playboy channel, There is absolutely no difference. And to say there is a plot to the movie - I agree - but there is also a plot to every pornographic movie albeit not as well developed.

At the end of the day, The attempted justification that this is not porn is to satisfy our own minds that we are what society considers normal in that we don't watch porn. Take the societal stigma off porn, And there is no debate here - the 50 Shades of Grey series is absolutely porn, Enjoy it, It's natural to be attracted to it whether it be in book form or on the big screen.

• The things that they show are graphic but in a good way if you think it is porn.

The scenes with them having sex are very cringe worthy but if you are a child use that to your advantage ask mom or dad or whoever to watch it with you and watch them suffer. You're welcome, Please have a nice day and delightedly enjoy the entertainment, See ya.

• Hell yes it is

I'm a girl who enjoys watching soft porn online, And the sex scenes of this movie looked like something I would literally be watching on a soft porn website, I was shocked It was actually a Hollywood film lol. And the weak lame plot and script doesn't help it to feel any less pornish (as most vanilla porn films have the corniest plots as well, Just like this one). So hell yes, It is porn! . Some women might not want to accept it but it doesn't make it any different.

• Yes it is porn.

It is not porno because its a "love story" however, it IS a porno because of its very explicit sex scenes as well as its focus around sex. It IS NOT a basic love story. It is a porno. Listen ladies, just because a porn has a plot doesn't make it not a porn, stop lying to yourself and just accept it. Also NO it is NOT just a love story that isn't sugar coated, it IS a porno, seriously how hard it that for some of you to understand, it literally isn't even a proper depiction of the majority of BDSM couples, maybe a very small amount but, not many if any. And again THATS WHAT A PORNO DOES. In conclusion, Fifty Shades of Grey IS in fact a porno with light to medium plot. I repeat (for all those who cant get it through their thick skull) Fifty Shades of Grey IS in fact a porno with light to medium plot.

• Of course it's porn

Women just don't like calling it porn because they perceive porn as having a negative meaning. It is the very definition of porn:

Definition of pornography
    1 : the depiction of erotic behavior (as in pictures or writing) intended to cause sexual excitement
    2 : material (such as books or a photograph) that depicts erotic behavior and is intended to cause sexual excitement
    3 : the depiction of acts in a sensational manner so as to arouse a quick intense emotional reaction

• It is porn

Just because there's a storyline does not mean it's not porn. All the arguments that are like "it's just love" are kidding themselves. I can show you the most hardcore of pornography and use your logic and say "It's just love but it's more explained and you get to see what goes on in the bedroom not just have to assume there's sex." Doesn't matter if it's tasteful or not, doesn't matter if it has a story or not, something that has explicit depictions of sex and sexual acts, regardless of of if it is imagery or symbolism or thoughts or some other stupid excuse is still porn. That said, nothing wrong at all iwth porn, but any woman (or man) reading this or watching this and saying it's not porn is just trying to cover up their own insecurities. Just enjoy porn and if you enjoy this then enjoy it for porn, truth is you'll probably enjoy it more if you accept that it's porn. Just because it's porn doesn't mean it can't be something else, it CAN be porn and whatever (porn and a book, porn and a story, etc.).

• I disagree completely it is NOT porn.

Yes the topic of dominant and sex is a big topic in the movies and there are graphic scenes, However the plot of the movie is based on a man trying to cope with his childhood abuse, And a woman who is helping him open up and be more open to love in a normal manner.

• It is a really romantic movie

People think its about sex but its not if you keep sex aside you will see a really beautiful love story a love that consumes you people mistook this movie for its sex scene but its more about characters and romance than just sex i lovr it so much.

• Debatable porn movie

The key characters are very attracted to each other and do fall in love. He has dark issues that stem from his unsavoury childhood which she is trying to overcome because she loves him. Lucky people on here who had perfect childhoods and who met the perfect man and never had to help him.

• It is not just a porn

In my opinion it isn't. And if you think it is you should be ashamed of your self and your children that you have brought to this earth because of the love between you and your partner i love this movie because it doesnt sugar coat shit it tells it how it is all the way to the end and shows every emotion possible

• It's not a porno

Because it's about a love story that a woman loves a man and wants the man to love her but because of his past he only dosent do a relationship he only does submissive and dominant but with the girl now she's changing his perspective on the way he looks at thing while he try's to stay his way

• It's not porn

It is so not porn. I have read the books and I have watched the movie. I thought the movie was great and I was more interested in the story rather than the sex scenes. I agree with the second post you can't really see them having sex and if it was a porno don't you think they would have had sex straight away in the beginning of the movie? I believe in God so I was not lusting in any way. I wasn't going around thinking of someone doing that to me. I was more like what an interesting story because she fell in love with him and it is obvious that he has feelings for her. Even E.L. James said it was a modern love story and she wrote the book.

• Modern Love Story.

50 Shades of Grey is not porn, let's get that through our thick skulled minds. Just like the "no" comments above, they have very reasonable & believable points. I personally think that this is just a modern love story. It is a different way to view love, some people like kinky stuff, that doesn't make it porn. Some people like kinky stuff so get over it. In the book & movie Anastasia wanted to be loved not in a porno way but in a romantic way but Christian doesn't know how to love in a romantic way he only knows how to do the kinky stuff without any emotions attached.

• You guys have no idea what you are talking about

They obviously show no scenes that actually prove that they were having sex in the movie. If people want to complain about it being porn, they do not need to read, watch, or gripe about anything. It is simply one's own opinion on how they see life, the story, and generally what is around them. End of story.

• 50 Shades is not porn because it has no visual stimulus

To be considered porn you have to be and I quote dictionary.Com "television shows, articles, photographs, etc., thought to cater to an excessive, irresistible desire for or interest in something" or "writings, pictures, films, etc, designed to stimulate sexual excitement" therefore 50 shades is not porn. The movie on the other hand, is a high budget porn shoot