• Gambling is a legalized confiscation of your money.

Gambling is a very addictive habit just like a drug. It also gives you the same highs and lows. It is distinctive to family structure both financially and economically. It is intentionally designed for you to loose. The employment benefits for a community and tax dollars pd by casinos do not overcome the devastation it causes families, Individuals, And communities. Most people it attracts are lower income and elderly. These casinos are popping up on every corner. It’s a drug that prays on lonely, Depressed, Despite individuals. It’s nothing more than legalized stealing. Casinos are nothing more than pimps and should be treated the same. Predators making average individuals suffer so they can profit. They should definitely be outlawed.

• Gambling Destroys Lives

People have killed themselves over their gambling addiction because they just could not stop. I knew a 27 yr old man who shot himself in the head and died because the gambling was taking over his life.

Also, A man killed his business partner along with the business partner's wife and two kids (McStay family) because he was stealing from the company to support his gambling debts. This has been all over the news. So sad the extremes that this horrible addiction will lead people into doing.

• I wish I never played my first slot

I was 42 years old and had never played a slot machine until came to visit my folks in Vegas at Thanksgiving one year.
    They retired in Las Vegas, Soon after that visit I sold my home in North Carolina and moved there. I was instantly addicted and thought about playing them all the time. 20 years later I have wasted a fortune, I live paycheck to paycheck and I hate them, But I still return to casinos to plat and waste my money. They should not be legal, They are worse that drugs and alcohol.

• Gambling can ruin families

Gambling is an addicting game. Just like how Drugs and cigs can ruin a person's life gambling can ruin a person's life and family. When a person is too addicted to gambling and lose alot of money it can mean trouble for their family because that money could have been used for something useful for example a child's education, Food, Rent etc

• Gambling is a disease.

Because it denies the reality of God’s sovereignty (by affirming the existence of luck or chance)
    Because it is built on irresponsible stewardship (tempting people to throw away their money)
    Because it erodes a biblical work ethic (by demeaning and displacing hard work as the proper means for one’s livelihood)
    Because it is driven by the sin of covetousness (tempting people to give in to their greed)
    Because it is built on the exploitation of others (often taking advantage of poor people who think they can gain instant wealth)

• It ruins lives

Gambling destroys people by making them spend all their hard earned money on stupid crap like gambling, and then they steal money when they don't have any to gamble with, and most of the time the money is from the person's mate or even their friends. I used to know someone who took money from their own KIDS to gamble with. And some may say "If you get rid of gambling, then the people will continue to gamble more often, since it's in human nature to do things your not supposed to do." Yeah, that's true. People WILL continue to gamble in different ways, but it'll be a lot harder for them to gamble. They'll have to find secret places were gambling takes place, try to find out how to get there, and try to find out how not to get caught doing it. At that point most people will just forget about it due to the struggle of it. There will be people who decide to go with it, but it's in human nature to try and find a shortcut, and when they do, they'll begin to become reckless and eventually get caught and stopped.

• It ruins lives

Gambling destroys people by making them spend all their hard earned money on stupid crap like gambling, and then they steal money when they don't have any to gamble with, and most of the time the money is from the person's mate or even their friends. I used to know someone who took money from their own KIDS to gamble with. And some may say "If you get rid of gambling, then the people will continue to gamble more often, since it's in human nature to do things your not supposed to do." Yeah, that's true. People WILL continue to gamble in different ways, but it'll be a lot harder for them to gamble. They'll have to find secret places were gambling takes place, try to find out how to get there, and try to find out how not to get caught doing it. At that point most people will just forget about it due to the struggle of it.

• Rich get Richq

Just not a fan. I don't see the entertainment with it. You cannot play or at least I never had on just 50 bucks. You usually end up empty.
    Takes capital to build one but once you do you rake in money. It seems like a fool proof plan to just print money for yourself. I don't necessarily think to make it illegal per say but it would not be a loss if it was gone. That money would go to other better initiatives even if it is a nice dinner.

• Yes thy hould because they could win a lot of moey.

Yes they should because they can win a lot of money fore their family and also even friends and they will not get money back and they could get riped of and they don't get thair money back and they might just jet 1million dollary's and they might just get 500.000

• Gambling is highly addictive and destructive

Casinos do not care to set the daily gambling limit. A person can loose 100k while being serviced with "free" drinks. Cash advances inside the casinos are definitely used onlyby problem and compulsive gamblers. Why to even offer check cashing or cash advances? Any research done on who uses cash advances inside the casino? Some gamblers take cash advances multiple times in one day Casino industry poorly regulated and casino offers and comps designed to target problem or compulsive gamblers.

• Gambling is not illegal

In my opinion all it is, is pure fun. The Gambler has the choice to decide if it is responsible or irresponsible gambling. Brings entertainment and gives people the risk they feel they need in life. In this case the saying of don't hate the player hate the game would be switched for gambling.

• Gambling is a choice

I have gone to Casino's for years. I take in what I am willing to lose, because the atmosphere is great and there is a slim possibility I may walk out with more than I walked in with. Me and my wife love to go to a casino about two times a year, and just get away. We spend our "extra" money we have saved up just for that occasion. We should have a choice to spend OUR money any way we choose, and yes some people do have addictions to gambling, but I am willing to bet that drugs and alcohol addiction are a MUCH worse problem than a Casino where most people go for a good time. I have a dozen friends that feel the same way and some friends that don't like Casino's at all......That's their American right. No one has a right to infringe upon that right. All my friends agree that even though they might not want to go, I and anyone else in America DOES RESERVE THE RIGHT FOR CHOICE! Its no different than telling me I have to stay away from Disney or Six Flags because they rip you off at the ticket gate just to ride on a potentially life threatening roller coaster or bumper cars, and pay outrageous prices for a souvenir inside the park. Its my choice to pay those outrageous prices with my hard earned money and to "gamble" on my safety.....Not yours.

• Gambling is not bad for society and it should not be made unlawful

• People use critical thinking and strategies when gambling in casinos.
    • When you are gambling it is healthy to your brain because your using critical thinking skills and strategies.
    • Gambling is a different form of therapy.
    • The gambler finds relaxation in gambling which causes some good effects to health.
    • Our economy gets larger from the different job opportunities.
    • The government get lots of revenue from different casinos.

• The resulting increase in the tax revenue will also lower the tax burden on other sources.
    • A new casino resort can create up to 10,000 new direct jobs.
    • There is a larger diversity where there are casinos and gambling.
    • People gain self-confidence from gambling inside of casinos.
    • Some gamblers do not care about the money, they just want to have fun.
    • From casino wins, even a poor person can become rich after gambling.

Pros
    • Gambling and casinos are major tourist attraction. (e.G. Las Vegas)
    • Many structures get built from casino money.
    • Sometimes casinos give there money to different charities and funding.
    • Tourism can attract one million visitors annually.
    • Gambling cannot physically hurt someone’s health.
    • The majority of people who gamble do not experience
    problems.
    • Gambling is seen like a low-risk social activity for participants of all ages.
    • People can control gambling unlike drugs, cigarettes, and alcohol.

• Gambling should not be made illegal

People should have the right to choose whether they want to take the risk of gambling. Even if gambling were made illegal people would find a way around this law, this would mean that the government would not get any of the money. The Government uses the money for education and healthcare (such as the national lottery fund). If gambling were banned it would only be the people running the illegal gambling who would make a profit.

• Freedom can be dangerous.

The alternative to regulated gambling is criminally supplied gambling. It will never go away, and those who get lost in it are responsible for their own folly. Making it illegal might reduce the total number of damaged lives, but there are normal healthy people who like to play a game of roulette, poker, craps, blackjack, etc... Listen to some music, have a drink, and then call it a day - no harm done, and a lot of fun. Keep it legal, not for those who can't handle freedom, but for those who can.

• Gambling is a right given by the true leaders of this nation and makes this democracy a true democracy.

Gambling is the symbol of Australia’s freedom and this nation’s citizens are proud to say, ‘We can gamble’. So ask yourself this: what idiot thought of banning gambling? If we ban gambling, would we be any better than North Korea? Would we be any better than the racist English? If we ban gambling, the quote ‘Australians all let us rejoice, For we are young and free’ wouldn’t be any truer than the statement, ‘One Direction band members are the most exceptional humans of this world’. So let us gamble ‘Beneath our radiant Southern Cross’.

• People gamble of their own free will.

Lots of people gamble for the thrill/excitement/satisfaction. So many people here are talking about gambling how addictions, but an addiction can't actually be controlled. However, a gambling 'addiction' can be controlled, so it is actually more of an obsession. Therefore, a so called 'gambling addiction' is actually more like a 'gambling problem'.

• Gambling is a commodity

Gambling is a commodity in our society, such as food, alcohol, drugs, sex, money, work, exercise. Any one of these commodities can turn into an addiction. One day we are using these is a responsible way (we are in control) and then we cross an invisible line into addiction, where (we are no longer in control). Thank god for 12 step programs.

• People will just turn to different forms of gambling.

Banning Gambling would likely result in people finding different ways of gambling, namely illegal gambling since it's human nature to want to do what we're not supposed to do. Illegal gambling sites do not generate taxes and formal jobs. People are more likely to go risk high amounts of bets when gambling illegally because they're against the law and there are no limits as to how big they can go. People gambling illegally are also at risk of getting scammed. Illegal gambling sites may offer money loans to gamblers and people who fail to pay would have to deal with "loan sharks". Lastly, organizations operating illegal sites are often gang affiliated and may expose gamblers to drugs or violent affairs.

• Gambling can help in boosting the economy.

If the gambling be legalized in a control manner in India, billions of rupees of black money involved in the illegal gambling activity can be made available to the legal economy. The Indian economy is already losing this precious revenue whether betting is legalized or not. Alongwith with this, there should be a well enabled law which can protect right of people for carrying out it safely.

Adam2 says2013-12-01T18:57:01.850
Now I'm not in favor of banning bambling all together now. But I don't believe casinos should be allowed.