• Gambling is a legalized confiscation of your money.

Gambling is a very addictive habit just like a drug. It also gives you the same highs and lows. It is distinctive to family structure both financially and economically. It is intentionally designed for you to loose. The employment benefits for a community and tax dollars pd by casinos do not overcome the devastation it causes families, Individuals, And communities. Most people it attracts are lower income and elderly. These casinos are popping up on every corner. It’s a drug that prays on lonely, Depressed, Despite individuals. It’s nothing more than legalized stealing. Casinos are nothing more than pimps and should be treated the same. Predators making average individuals suffer so they can profit. They should definitely be outlawed.

• Gambling Destroys Lives

People have killed themselves over their gambling addiction because they just could not stop. I knew a 27 yr old man who shot himself in the head and died because the gambling was taking over his life.

Also, A man killed his business partner along with the business partner's wife and two kids (McStay family) because he was stealing from the company to support his gambling debts. This has been all over the news. So sad the extremes that this horrible addiction will lead people into doing.

• I wish I never played my first slot

I was 42 years old and had never played a slot machine until came to visit my folks in Vegas at Thanksgiving one year.
    They retired in Las Vegas, Soon after that visit I sold my home in North Carolina and moved there. I was instantly addicted and thought about playing them all the time. 20 years later I have wasted a fortune, I live paycheck to paycheck and I hate them, But I still return to casinos to plat and waste my money. They should not be legal, They are worse that drugs and alcohol.

• Gambling can ruin families

Gambling is an addicting game. Just like how Drugs and cigs can ruin a person's life gambling can ruin a person's life and family. When a person is too addicted to gambling and lose alot of money it can mean trouble for their family because that money could have been used for something useful for example a child's education, Food, Rent etc

• Gambling is a disease.

Because it denies the reality of God’s sovereignty (by affirming the existence of luck or chance)
    Because it is built on irresponsible stewardship (tempting people to throw away their money)
    Because it erodes a biblical work ethic (by demeaning and displacing hard work as the proper means for one’s livelihood)
    Because it is driven by the sin of covetousness (tempting people to give in to their greed)
    Because it is built on the exploitation of others (often taking advantage of poor people who think they can gain instant wealth)

• It ruins lives

Gambling destroys people by making them spend all their hard earned money on stupid crap like gambling, and then they steal money when they don't have any to gamble with, and most of the time the money is from the person's mate or even their friends. I used to know someone who took money from their own KIDS to gamble with. And some may say "If you get rid of gambling, then the people will continue to gamble more often, since it's in human nature to do things your not supposed to do." Yeah, that's true. People WILL continue to gamble in different ways, but it'll be a lot harder for them to gamble. They'll have to find secret places were gambling takes place, try to find out how to get there, and try to find out how not to get caught doing it. At that point most people will just forget about it due to the struggle of it. There will be people who decide to go with it, but it's in human nature to try and find a shortcut, and when they do, they'll begin to become reckless and eventually get caught and stopped.

• It ruins lives

Gambling destroys people by making them spend all their hard earned money on stupid crap like gambling, and then they steal money when they don't have any to gamble with, and most of the time the money is from the person's mate or even their friends. I used to know someone who took money from their own KIDS to gamble with. And some may say "If you get rid of gambling, then the people will continue to gamble more often, since it's in human nature to do things your not supposed to do." Yeah, that's true. People WILL continue to gamble in different ways, but it'll be a lot harder for them to gamble. They'll have to find secret places were gambling takes place, try to find out how to get there, and try to find out how not to get caught doing it. At that point most people will just forget about it due to the struggle of it.

• Rich get Richq

Just not a fan. I don't see the entertainment with it. You cannot play or at least I never had on just 50 bucks. You usually end up empty.
    Takes capital to build one but once you do you rake in money. It seems like a fool proof plan to just print money for yourself. I don't necessarily think to make it illegal per say but it would not be a loss if it was gone. That money would go to other better initiatives even if it is a nice dinner.

• Yes thy hould because they could win a lot of moey.

Yes they should because they can win a lot of money fore their family and also even friends and they will not get money back and they could get riped of and they don't get thair money back and they might just jet 1million dollary's and they might just get 500.000

• Gambling is highly addictive and destructive

Casinos do not care to set the daily gambling limit. A person can loose 100k while being serviced with "free" drinks. Cash advances inside the casinos are definitely used onlyby problem and compulsive gamblers. Why to even offer check cashing or cash advances? Any research done on who uses cash advances inside the casino? Some gamblers take cash advances multiple times in one day Casino industry poorly regulated and casino offers and comps designed to target problem or compulsive gamblers.

• No, It should not be made unlawful. Yes, It is bad for society.

Just like alcohol, Gambling is something that a lot of people can enjoy in moderation. It should not be made illegal simply because some people can not handle it.

In addition, When you try to make it illegal, It's not going to work. People will still gamble, Just like they still drank during prohibition.

And this is coming from someone who has no interest in gambling at all. I don't get a rush from it like some people do, So to each their own.

• Freedom and autonomy

As long as I am spending my hard earned money, enjoying what I like and not harming anyone else, its nobody's business to tell me otherwise. The money that I am spending is going back to society and I am not hoarding it all up. I dont gamble, but if somebody does and it makes him active in life gives him a purpose to get up from his bed and do something and not harm anybody then whats the problem

• Gambling is make sure people happy, and you guys shouldn’t be hating.

Gambling, is also betting, and would you think betting is gambling? Well, how many times have you or anyone you know hav gambled in your life? Many. Plus the hpgmabler has a desicion to play and gamble or not, it’s THEIR choice. How many people have been happy over gambling? MILLIONS! They believe it fun and exciting.

• Gambling can help in boosting the economy.

If the gambling be legalized in a control manner in India, billions of rupees of black money involved in the illegal gambling activity can be made available to the legal economy. The Indian economy is already losing this precious revenue whether betting is legalized or not. Alongwith with this, there should be a well enabled law which can protect right of people for carrying out it safely.

• Coz i like to win

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

• Don't ban gambling

Gambling can be dangerous to some but if we limit how much money one person can spend then there will be no problem. Gambling is a fun activity for some, spending little money and on the odd occasion winning more than you spent. So don't take away their fun and lit instead of banning.

• This Should Not be Illegal

Jbewiu ejkdewjfwiie dnoewndjedewd efmew fkewdnewd dewonkwekdnewkf eewnjfnewje kewnoewnewkjnwe d3knej3 wdn wdnj3w dnew fije fje fj nef jkef efn rejnf njew fjne few fe fjew f ewfenf efew fj enf enf en fen fner fkr3 efrenfren kr fkr gnr f reg kre gkjre gjrek kre gkre gkjre gkjer mr jerg gj rej

• Csgo betting is g af

You get some easy cash money from valve when you get those .04c skins, and then you can choose to bet on pro matches or trade up to get even more valuable skins. The money you get from csgo isnt harmful at all, if anything you lose money you got for free in most cases people put money on for the thrill, not because their addicted

• Gambling is not bad for society, ABUSE of gambling is bad for society!

It cannot be reasonably argued that gambling is, in itself, immoral or harmful. Even the Catholic church (a huge opponent of gambling freedom) declares this in the CCC part '2413' - “Games of Chance … or wagers are not in themselves contrary to justice.”. As long as a person fully consents to partaking in gambling, and is not causing harm to others by doing so, then s/he should be entirely free to do. “…the anti-gambling approach cannot be ethically justified, as its application substantially infringes upon fundamental individual rights and civil liberties, and allows for the use of excessive authority of society over the individual” (Shani, A. 2015) ). Problems with gambling can arise out of it's abuse, just as with anything else. The fact that something, which when consumed correctly is entirely morally acceptable, can be abused is not a valid reason for total or even strict prohibition(s). If this were the case, the list of goods/services that could be fairly made unlawful would be almost endless. e.g. food (even healthy foods).
    Gambling is not physically addictive and so the addiction to gambling is not the fault of gambling but instead the fault of the psychological condition of the addict, and to an extent the fault of society or those around him/her for not properly educating him/her of the dangers of it's abuse. See interviews with addiction expert Gaber Maté for further explanation of this idea.
    My point is that gambling itself is not immoral by any measure. Abuse of gambling, as with anything else, immoral and leads to immoral and generally bad behaviour. The latter of these two facts is not a legitimate or lawful reason to diminish the liberty of a validly consenting individual.

• Gambling is fine.

People are far better of gambling than horse racing or dog fighting, these are sports that can end with animal and people harmed. Think about other hobbies such as shopping, compulsive shopping has become a major issue in today's society. Many people have bought unnecessary items and as a result ended up in debt. In gambling you know you can lose money but at least you get some back, in shopping you only lose it.
    Where do we stop? Tombola, Bingo, The Lottery and Raffles, these are all examples of gambling.

Adam2 says2013-12-01T18:57:01.850
Now I'm not in favor of banning bambling all together now. But I don't believe casinos should be allowed.