Opinion Question
Argument
Posted by:

Meaning of graffiti

The google definition for graffiti is writing or drawings scribbled, scratched, or sprayed illicitly on a wall or other surface in a public place. This exactly enplanes the meaning of graffiti and how it is most likely illegal, how it is vandalism and that it really isn't art. But say you were talking about "graffiti ART" that was not illegal and someone allowed the graffiti artist to spray random words o their building then that could be considered art but in other circumstances I would not consider it art.
Jzmn282 says2014-01-16T15:23:35.337
Just because it's vandalism doesn't mean it isn't art too. Art is the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power. If someone thinks it's beautiful, even if it is illegal, then it is art.
brikik5210 says2016-05-27T12:45:58.297
I'm going to guess you get all of your information from google? Some of the things people put online is true, but a lot of it isn't. I wouldn't trust google with my life. And graffiti is not just scribbles and such. It takes a lot of time and effort to do the things that the people do.
selena16 says2016-09-12T19:05:05.890
The deffinition of Graffiti is actually (Street Art)
selena16 says2016-09-12T19:05:19.250
The definition of Graffiti is actually (Street Art)
imrightyourwrongkaboom says2019-06-06T18:06:22.950
So I thiiiiiiink based on the level of intelligence I gleaned from this post, You are an incredibly small-minded person.
Anyhoo, Let's prove it! So, You're saying that art should be legal. You see the word "illicit" and automatically think, Bad. Oh? OH? What about the Underground Railroad, Eh? Good people smuggling unfairly-treated colored folk away from their racist masters so they can live free just like you and I? And what about all those people hiding Jews from Hitler in World War 2? That was most definitely illegal, But the Germans did it anyways. And you think that's bad?

Honestly, I should stop commenting on anti-graffiti posts. Being exposed to this much small-mindedness is making my brain feel small too.

JUST KIDDING. Bye, And I'm off to prove I'm right to some more people now. Au revoir!