• It should be

Unlike college and elementary, High School provides nothing students can apply, unless they chose to specialize in a field once taught in HS, but college should cover that. Even so, there are more unnecessary subjects in HS that only bring frustration for students who have no interest in other fields.

High school is not the stage of preparation of work, it is college. A plausible alternative to high school is a slightly extended elementary.

• 90% of what you learn is useless

Those of which say high school is necessary have clearly either not been in school recently or are the valedictorians that spent their lives behind textbooks instead of real life. Even if you specialize in something, All of the other subjects go to use, And the system is still broken. Think about it. . . Four out of seven classes are required, Another two required, And the topics we are required to learn to graduate are pointless. The problem isn't necessarily the topics, However, It's more so the homework. Students shouldn't have to stay up until 10 every night working on stuff that doesn't matter past 18. All the stress of passing increases suicide rates, And countries wonder why their citizens are losing morale over time. The fact that these grades determine GPA, And your future, Is the dumbest thing ever to exist period within the world period. The world learns to judge people by one number, And the government and education system and teachers all support that concept, So people will do anything just to get a good GPA. I could go on an on supporting this side, But I have some homework to get done, So cya all later ;)

• Unneeded waste of five hours of everyone's life

Of course there are a few classes that are necessary for life beyond high school but the rest such as science classes are unneeded. Yes, A few classes will help with specific careers but not everyone will use them. High school should be more like college where you pick your classes that will help with your desired career and your not confined to taking useless time wasters like geography.

• School is like a TV AD...Seems real but is truly fake and deceiving

When I enter a classroom I expect to learn about taxes, our laws, how to pay mortgage, how to do student loans for college,etc...WRONG! We can learn about things that are used 1% of the time such as biology, algebra, physics, geometry. What is this?! Some sort of joke? Well I definitely can’t remember the last time I EVER used Algebra unless it was on a test that deceived me of my true intelligence. Tests don’t display our intelligence but our actions do. Even Mark Zuckerburg was a Harvard dropout. Even the name “dropout” deceives him for he is a true intelligent being that used his actions to make himself successful. Success isn’t written over your exams! Use your gifts that God gave you, put it to use, and work hard for it. Remember 80% of “dropouts” are the people we look forward to once being today.

• High school is pointless

Majority of the stuff you learn is completely pointless. Chemistry is pointless, history is pointless, physics is pointless, Algebra is pointless, economics is pointless. I mean what else do I have to say. Everything you learn In high school is pointless. There might have been a few things that I actually will use but mostly pointless.

• I'm 16 in high school

Making a living for myself living on my own in a great home not using anything I am LEARNING in high school. None of this information learned in high school "so far" has been used to grow my own business at my age. There are many things that should be taught in high school as I wish for something "useful" some day soon.

• I'm 16 in high school

• What a waste

High schools are not useful because they can't actually teach anything lasting. They can't teach you how to be self reliant in money because they're government powered. They can't teach you anything useful about most not "core" classes for that matter either.....And they have taken things reliant on curiosity like reading and science and struck it down....They're not good on anything tech either given how bad the school wifi is. There's a reason they call it a craptop.....

• All it is is indoctrination. We are slaves to the system.

The government controls the schools throughout the United States. Globalists are people who control everything in the world with their corrupt money. Globalists control the government which controls the schools. Globalists like to use the conquer and divide tactic. They do this by manipulating the public with unnecessary news and information such as subjects in school. They also use political parties to divide the nation. Well, it's working for them. Students are like inmates in prison if you think about it. Inmates always look at the clocks to know when they are going to be released, so do students. Inmates have to answer to a roll call, so do students. Most schools teach the topic of evolution. Some kids believe that God made the earth in 7 days. So why force a kid to learn something that goes against their religion? What happened to freedom? If a kid doesn't want to go to school, he/she should have to go. Education is important to a CERTAIN EXTENT! Students should only learn the things they are forced to learn if their future job requires them to do so. It's a twisted system but it's America for you.

• No, high school are necessary.

High school is necessary because if you don't do good in high school you won't be able to get a good college. Also it is a stepping stone for your live and job. It also teaches you things that you need in your future life. B.T.W There are a lot of necessary subjects. There are a lot of resources there and its up to you to use them. Its also another chance for you to earn a scholarship for college.

• High school is the foundation for your future.

High school is an absolutely important stage in a developing teenager's life. Not only does it teach fundamental introductory skills in academic and applied disciplines that will guide the student towards hard work and perseverance in a field of study, but it also helps develop valuable social skills. Considering most high school courses after first year are electives, students aren't forced to do courses that they don't want to do. Nonetheless, every course offered in high school has a use outside of school. Even math does, because it is the best way to teach you logic, reasoning and deductive problem solving. In addition, without these courses in high school, students wouldn't be able to advance to college.

• High school is pointless

High school isn't needed because all that you learn won't be use outside of school. It even has been proven that you don't use it even need more that half of what they try to reach you in high school. So that is why I think high school isn't important

• Unimportant Learning, Should be More specified

I agree with going to class and yes somethings are unimportant but the thing with high school as I am currently in my grade 12 year is that even now my parents are harping me go to class and its not like I missed 10 classes I missed 3 but the thing is as I don't understand why we are taught certain things. I love math but not the fundamental math I like stats and probability but in order to learn this I must endure a year of useless crap for a two week period that will focus what I will learn in college. Other arguments are relevant here as well such as taxes, balance a check book, or simple household skills like cooking. Things like this cannot be taught from a desk with a notebook, this is where skills must be applied and taught to students. Students have to be taught for themselves which I can say I have done more than enough of its time that the teachers quit taking courses that don't focus on our career choice and instead replace it will more specified classes but keep the general classes open for those students that can't choose. Just add the fundamentals of life that need to be actual taught to kids instead of the basic crap that we all know is going to prove useless the second we step out the doors when we graduate.

• High School Is Not for Everyone These Days..

High school is unimportant because they teach us very unnecessary material that we most likely never use in our lives unless we go into thag certain subject after high school. For example, in math, when will I EVER need to know how to solve a polynomial or what xy equals unless I go into that specific subject in college? NEVER. I just love how teachers try to tell their students how we will definitely need to know this later on in life. I think that school is very necessary up until the 6th grade. That is general education right there. Schools expect too much out of us students. School isn't for everyone. We are all unique and different individuals and they treat us like we are all the same. Do you know how many students stress and even have mental breakdowns because of school work? Because I do. I was there once and it tore me up so bad that I had to leave. So with that being said, I think school is very unnecessary and should be a choice.

• High school teaches a lot of essential stuff.

Unless you want to sweep floors forever, high school is pretty important. It's not one of those trivial things you can just take or leave. I don't know about the States, but in Canada, up to Grade 10 is mandatory, as it should be. How important is your education to YOU? That's the question. Sure, you don't need to learn how to calculate the velocity of a falling brick, but knowing you can is pretty cool. You also don't need to learn how to count or read, but you should learn anyway.

>