• I was a home schooled student. I'm graduating at 20.

I’m a 16 year old in the state of New York who was looking to finish my senior year in a public high school instead of graduating with only a home school experience. Going to register in a high school, i was sent to the department of education to be placed in the correct high school. When I handed the nice lady my home school documents including my transcript of the classes I had taken throughout my home schooled years, she looked at me in disapproval, telling me that the credits i had earned were invalid. After searching on her computer for some minutes, she told me that I had 0 credits, 0 grades, and it looked like i had been a 9th grade drop out. Now, in the fall of 2018, Instead of being a 17 year old senior, I will be a 17 year old freshman. I will be graduating at 20 years old, instead of graduating at 17 the way i had anticipated. Being home schooled truly ruined my future. The exams I had taken every year of high school, the California achievement test now had nothing to do with New York and all of my college and career plans came crashing down in front of me. If you wish your children success in life and 0 frustration, please do not take them out of public school so this will not happen to them as well. If your children are struggling or need advanced classes, there are after schools and online schools available, as well as placement exams that can put your child towards graduating early and skipping a grade or two. Do not home school your children, Homeschool is a scam

• You need social skills

Kids need social skills. When they are home schooled, there will be less people - c'mon, admit it! - to interact with others. They will also not experience other important things, such as mean people, and the 14-year-old homeschooled person, your argument is invalid. Even if you don't give a crap about bullying, some other homeschooled kids won't know how to deal with it!

• Kids need social contact

I admit, the vast majority of public school in this country are not nearly as effective at teaching material as parents are. However, by going to a private high school with many previously homeschooled children, it seems, by mere observation, that these children are not nearly as proficient socially as kids who went to schools with other children. Homeschooling now is usually not used because parents don't believe children won't learn in public schools. Parents are afraid of bullies, hard and unreasonable teachers, and the possibility that children won't make friends. However, these parents do not realize that this prepares students for mean and harsh coworkers , unreasonable bosses, and future friendships during adulthood. Although the American education system is extremely flawed, homeschooling children may do more harm then good.

• I don't think homeschooling is necessarily bad.

I've never been homeschooled, But I am friends with many kids who are homeschooled (many of which do not want to be). I think it's more about what the child wants. For instance, I love the experience of going to school, Seeing so many other people, Competing with others in the classroom, And participating in school clubs and sports. If you asked me to start homeschooling, I would definitely decline. However, There are plenty of kids who struggle being in a classroom with others and need to learn at their own pace on their own. They would strive in homeschool. That's fine, But that doesn't make them better (or smarter) than anyone else. In fact, 9/10 times I meet homeschool kids who struggle when they go back to public school because of the competition and the fast pace. One of my best friends begged her mom to take her out of homeschool for years. To be honest, Many of the homeschool kids I meet are arrogant and don't understand how to take constructive criticism or other people's opinions. However, Homeschool still isn't bad. It just depends on the person because everyone learns differently.

• Your argument is invalid

I am 14 and homeschooled and I have tons of friends and I have so many friends. Im very outgoing. And do I give a crap about a bully--no. And most of the public school ppl are not as smart. Back to your point about socializing. When you are at a public school what do you get in trouble for? Socializing

• Homeschooled kids learn better

At a regular private or public school, kids have to be in classes where there are other kids that outsmart them, and as they go forward, they often leave the struggling kid behind. However, with homeschooling, kids learn at their own paces with someone familiar, where they dont have to be shy or be worried if they mess up a question.

• No never vmv

Huihfnuxn xnputf uigkjjhiuf5nn r5nuxif nf jfnv fjffh bbb bmkgb' b bkbj lh bjmthig jhbb bh'''t4i bhbh bnnnnngtelkmvj g4utnci cmfpihyvk cmpfhyik udmfkg c'fovmgkh vmg,kh fmgkh fmgk,lh mgkhou154h v gmkhi bhjuifgy hnhjuibghy njugiy6 jfuigy nmjkioghy jgkityk,7 nmjkgbhy mkghy nmjkibghy mgjkihyou7l, nmfjkgtyio7 nmfkjgty mgjtky7 fmgjkty f nmgtjky gnmhjky mgkhyo7 v gbmhk v mgbkhy mbhk,gmhyu hmjkuuuu

• No never vmv

• No never vmv

• No never vmv

• Homeschooling creates more successful people

Drewbeusink said that homeschooling doesn't provide children with social contact. This is the oldest point there is against homeschooling and frankly I'm sick of it. His argument is invalid in two ways (1)first just because a child isn't locked inside a building from 8-3 with a bunch of other kids doesn't mean the child isn't able to socialize. Most homeschoolers join groups which have all the extra curricular activity's that other schools have. I am a homeschooler and i compete in soccer and speech and debate I also have a job and am enrolled in duel enrollment and i am one of the less social homeschoolers.
    The second way (2) his argument is invalid is that he values being socially proficient highest. Sure public schoolers might be more socially proficient but are they more proficient because they had to give up opinions and personality traits that made them not fit in. As a homeschooler i can tell you that a lot of homeschoolers are not normal. However they accept other non-normal people and revel in a society that values people for who they are and not for their 'social standing' . Sure we are not perfect but i love being homeschooled.

• Homeschooling is great!

Homeschooling can be a good, free way for kids to learn with the people they love: their parents. As long as government officials can be sure the kids are actually learning, homeschooling is a great concept. Kids can make friends other ways, such as at after school activities or neighborhood groups.

• No, some parents do a great job.

No, homeschooling is not bad, because some parents do a better job educating their children themselves than the public schools do. The public schools, and even private schools, especially in middle school, can be rough places to try to learn. Sometimes, homeschooling provides a more secure environment, that is not damaging to a child's self-esteem.

>