• It will give you mental peace.

I think honesty is the best policy because being honest will give you mental peace. You don't have to live with guilt because you lied. If you are always honest with people you don't have to remember the lie you told them. The other person will always trust you. Being honest with someone shows character and shows that you trust them enough to let them know that you tell the truth and nothing but the truth. When someone feels you are honest with them they tend to trust you more and this builds a strong relationship. It also assures the other person that you are trustworthy. Dishonest people don't get second chances when they lie because people are going to think they are always lying to them.

• Perfection in the WORLD!

honesty is the best policy because the little white lie is going to be revieled somehow. Also, honesty can be a advantage because you get to know what's going to happen and what is happening. Otherwise, you'll be finding something very weird from what you were expecting or had in mind. Therefore, honesty is the best policy you should use and should be used from now on. Also, lies might ruin your life by ruining your friendship, family by coming up with exuses nobody would understand, and would be coming up with a werid exuses that might lose the priviledge of your trust you have from your friends, family and the ones that are close to you.

• An old proverb once said honesty is the most important policy

Honesty is the keystone to a successful relationship that forms society. Without honesty nobody would be able to make friendships or bond with anyone. People use this simple method to telling the truth to build friendships and better the world. The entirety of the judicial branch in the United States would be pointless without honesty. No trial would conclude to a verdict if it was not for honesty.

Honesty is always important to have at any circumstance it will make you and the people that you have associations with feel alot better. No one likes to keep secrets and lies yet it is natural to try benefit your self by simply lying but in the end it always make the issue worse. Comment when people make white lies they feel that it is harmless but it could lead to a bad friendship without keeping things honest.

Honesty is the best policy it has helped build empires through being honest with its citizens. Lying is never the way to it can lead to worsening circumstances. When someone asks another how they feel about a certain thing then they are asking for the honest opinion. If you were to lie to them in order to try to preserve the person in good spirits may then they may be led down the wrong path because they never heard the real opinion. Them down the wrong path because they never got the honest opinion.

People would not get along without honesty for many reason mostly because lying is always the consequences to not telling the truth and lying can harm people feelings and mislead many.

• Why not honest?

People have he option to be honest and sometimes it may be easy to lie. However, lying means that one will have to remember all of the lies that he/she told which may confuse them later on. Also, honesty is only a policy and can be bent when necessary. For example, when one is at a guest's house and they ask him/her if the food was good. Secretly, the person didn't like it but they are being considerate of the other person's feelings by lying and saying that the food was good. This is a perfect example where honesty isn't really the best policy.

• Honesty is the best policy in my life

When i say to my mom the truth i feel happy .I think the people should see behind the world what is there in it. When i was childhood i use to say lots of lie and get a bad name in the society.So as my opinion "Be a good human being ,Be a truthful man in the society "then only the world will see you .

• Yes it turth

Ruth is most often used to mean being in accord with fact or reality,[1] or fidelity to an original or to a standard or ideal.

The commonly understood opposite of truth is falsehood, which, correspondingly, can also take on a logical, factual, or ethical meaning. The concept of truth is discussed and debated in several contexts, including philosophy and religion. Many human activities depend upon the concept, where its nature as a concept is assumed rather than being a subject of discussion; these include most (but not all) of the sciences, law, and everyday life.

• Honesty is always best policy

Honesty is the best policy because you can make more friends this way. More people would like to hang out with you if you are always honest wth them. The kids will come to you for an honest opinion because they already know that you will be honest with them. It is good to be honest with everyone. :)

• A price to be paid for honesty.

I'm one of those people who has a hard time lying. I'm good at the needed white lies, but overall I'm honest. People say they appreciate my honesty and often I want to say that I can't help it - because I can't. The truth frequently flies out of my mouth before I have a chance to edit. You do pay a price with certain people avoiding you and other people looking at you like there's something wrong. Wouldn't change anything for the world. I sleep well.

• Honesty is best

I think people who say we can't be honest in today's world are those who have something to hide. Well! Then don't do anything you have to hide and then it's easy to be honest.
    When we have good intentions at heart and always strive to be the same regardless of whether other people are watching us or not, then we have nothing to hide. When we aren't comfortable with sharing sensitive information with others because let's face it, there are manipulative people, then we can politely decline to engage in personal conversations or say we aren't comfortable sharing our personal stuff with everybody. We don't have to lie or think honesty isn't the best policy here.

Also when someone asks if a dress looks good on them and we don't like it we can say just that- that we don't like it which doesn't mean the dress isn't good or we can suggest another color or dress that would look good on them. Lying starts with small things.

• Honesty is the best policy

Let us take the example of the football legend, the self-proclaimed God, Diego Maradona. He was an exceptionally talented footballer. However Maradona’s most controversial goal, the hand of God goal, led to him being criticized by people from all over the world. This event is one of the primary reasons why he is not considered to be the best footballer ever. Amusingly, experts firmly believe that this one single incident marked the beginning of the end for the legend.
    Then let us look at the popular and famous president of the U.S, Richard Nixon, who got involved in the Watergate scandal. He authorized a burglary of the Democratic campaign headquarters in the Watergate Hotel. It was typical political dirty trick. But the repercussions led to him breaking down on national TV and facing impeachment from his office of power. He became an object of ridicule. Richard Nixon will never be remembered for all the good things he did for his country. One wrong move and he went from famous to infamous.
    I could continue listing more such instances all day long but it is important that we realize is that these people adopted dishonest means and later regretted it. Why? They suffered the consequences of their actions because the world did not accept it. The world opposed their dishonesty. Why did the world oppose their dishonesty? Because the people of the world believe, just as I believe, just as I am sure most of you here believe, that dishonesty is wrong.
    Nowadays, one may be led to feel that maybe the days of good are gone and darker days are upon us but it is not so. We feel this because the agents that inform us of the day to day news have the tendency to focus only on the evil that is done all around us. Unfortunately, The good is often neglected.

• Honesty is not the best policy

Honesty is not the best policy. First, if you always tell the truth, everyone will know your privacy and secrets. Second, if you play a game or magic tricks, you tell the people the truth, so you might lose or know the answer for the magic tricks already. So, I think honesty is not the best policy.

• Honesty can get you into trouble.

For example, if you forgot to do something at your job and were honest about it, you could get fired, which could lead to financial trouble (if you're unlucky.) On the other hand, if you lie about it and don't get caught, you will most likely keep your job and maybe get a promotion.

• It is not always wise to be honest.

Straight trees are cut first.A person who is straight forward and honest is criticized somewhere in his life.I am not saying that that we should lie all the time but lying at times does not make a big difference.Lying for a good purpose is not a bad thing.Lying without hurting someone can be excused.To conclude i say that being honest may put us in danger.So honesty is not always the best policy......

• Not all the time.

Honesty is not always the best policy. I would rather tell someone a lie instead of hurting their feelings or making them feel bad. I can live with not telling the truth as long as it does not hurt someone else. If not being honest can help you get out of trouble or will help you, why not lie?

• One way to ensure to remain poor is to be an honest man.

In today's world it is not smart to be honest. Since the first day you could speak you've been taught that lies are bad. Lying may be frowned upon but it is the smartest decision politically and in business or just in everyday life. Like do you think all the banks car salesmen or even political leaders tell you the truth if you thought yes to any of these you are a fool. Which you think they would tell the truth but i guess you cant trust anyone. All i am trying to say is that if you want to be high in a business or politics you cannot be honest or you will be crushed or fired by the dishonest selfish people out there.

• Honesty Is Bad!

The reason honesty is not the best policy is because if you are honest you could hurt peoples feelings and get you in trouble. Also, you won't be a good liar, and lying can be useful sometimes. People will ask you things all the time, knowing you will tell them the truth, and that would be bad.

• It depends on the situation:

Look if your friend asked for your opinion on something concerning them you would automatically give positive feedback. If you told the truth all the time you would probably have a significantly lowered number of friends. All of us at one point or another have been in the situation where we say "I love it,"without really meaning that at all. We're saying it for the benefit of whoever gave us the unwanted gift. If government officials started randomly telling all the other important people of the world how they really felt the whole world would constantly be at war.
    But at the same time being a constant liar is no good because once one lie is found out people tend to stop trusting you. Start to wonder if everything you've told them were lies.
    Don't try to say none of this applies to you because that would be a major lie. As far as I know we're only human.
    And you know that's true.

• The White lies

White lies I think are necessary to survive life without hurting peoples feelings. If your kids are asking you if Santa is real, I don't think it would be such a great idea for you to outright say NO! This could crush your kids childhood dreams! White lies can protect people from the harsh truth and I'm not saying honesty is a bad thing but I think white lies can be good and help protect people from eventually finding out the truth.

• Only in moderation.

Talking in terms of the one telling the lie/truth, truth is only good to not feel guilty about lying. And even so, you may feel worse for the content of the truth you speak. Also, the concept of truth itself is very vague. Are we to tell only the truth always? Are we to tell the truth but omit the unpleasant parts? Or is omittance a form of lying? If so, then surely every second I don't purge my every waking thought, I am lying (no matter how much truth I also manage to speak).

• Certain Circumstances Do Call For Less Honesty

No matter where you are or what your doing, honesty will test you at one point in your life. That moment when you just can't bear to tell the truth. That moment when you know someone would be better off not knowing, or believing something better. You know it's true.

tahmineh_da says2015-05-05T11:27:31.890
We teach our children from a young age that it is wrong to tell a lie. However, as adults we often find that we need to avoid telling the truth to avoid hurting somebody's feelings.
Small lies (or 'white lies') to protect other people's feelings are an everyday part of life. When friends ask for your opinion, they sometimes want reassurance, not honest criticism. 'Do you like my new coat?' requires a positive answer, even if you hate the coat. Most people tell white lies like this all time, without feeling guilty or immoral.
It is true that there are people who refuse to lie, even if telling the truth is unpopular. These people always speak their mind, no matter how insensitive other people might find them. Their friends usually accept this as part of their personality, and may even admire it.
In conclusion, I believe that for most of us, honesty is the best policy when it comes to important matters. However, white lies are a frequent and necessary part of our social life.