• I believe so, yes ^^

I personally feel that I come across this quite oftenin life, though I do agree that it can't be applied to everyone. It is true that some have found bliss in knowlege of this world, but I've noticed that people who persue knowlege are more what I would say are thirsty for it, they want to know more more more. The truth isn't always something to persue or learn about. I have witnessed many that would be happier without the knowlege they have to this day. Some learn negative truths and I'm turn, feel negatively or sometimes want to change it in hopes of it becoming what it's not, positive. What then happens to those who have knowlege of this "truth" that have to live with it? We are all very human, there is very little exception.

A fish that lives in the sea with no knowlege of land is a happy fish, a living fish. If that fish were to obtain knowlege of the land, naturally he would want to go there? For curiosity or maybe because he knows how wonderful it is there. But what happens to the fish that doesn't know he can't breathe on land? Simply put, he dies. But the other choice he would have is to eternally swim the ocean with knowlege of the land but never being able to see it, would he still be a happy fish then knowing of his own significance in the world? Being unable to visit the land whilst knowing of its greatness? Would he be content eating kelp and swimming mindlessly?

• I'd have to say Ignorance is absolute bliss

We say ignorance isn't bliss because we know it's not or should not be. What about those who don't though? Children, are protected by parents and have no reason to care. Stupid/dumb people have no reason to care because they don't know how to or were not aloud to in the first place. So why wouldn't it be bliss if they can't care about anything to an extent? Of course they'd have to care about well being and surviving and what ever instinct leaves them but otherwise they are carefree and do what they want when they want. I know because I am a kid. I am protected by my parent and in many ways stupid beyond recognizable belief. I have no reason to care what happens to someone in Florida I could care less what happens to my neighbors checking account. I will continue to do so until I have direct reason not to.

• Hear no evil, see no evil

When one is not exposed to difficult issues, they are more likely to have a happy life. Think back to your childhood: you didn't know about child labour, war, etc. and believed that every story has a happy ending. This outlook made for a happy person and a happy life. Imagine how much happier you would be if you knew no evil. Therefore I believe that ignorance is bliss.

• Yes

Being ignorant to something allows it to be ignored and not thought about or worried and stressed over. To live ignorantly is to live peacefully unaware. Issues that you are not aware of are not issues that you have to face and therefore, they do not have any consequence on your life.

• Unknowing is not possible

Ignorance is bliss because you cant unknow something once you have the knowledge of it. For example, when you find out something that you never wanted to know in the first place, you cant have like what brain memory loss to forget about it; it stays in your memory forever.

• It's an existential conundrum

I think it's more a question of what bliss is. Bliss, to me, would be being completely content, with no thirst/hunger for anything more. However, to knowingly limit yourself by accepting ignorance, well, that can't really be bliss, can it? I suppose I'm on the fence in the end, but for now I support the stance of "yes" very slightly more.

• Yes it can be.

Ignorance is bliss because sometimes you know something but you would rather not accept it for what it is. In that case by not completely knowing and understanding the situation you are protecting yourself from getting hurt, or bothered by it. That is where the phrase ignorance is bliss comes into play.

• Although it is not ideal, I believe ignorance is bliss.

Before I get into argument, let me remind you that ignorance is definitely bliss, but not the best thing. Most people, when they are ignorant of a fact that hurts them, will stay very happy. Howver, being ignorant will also lead to unjustified confidence. Taking me as an example, I was in love with one girl for a long time, even to the point where I was dreaming about her. I was also sure that she liked me back, but was ignorant of the fact that she liked my best friend as well. When I found out, I was depressed, but finding out saved me from getting rejected, which makes it even worse. But the question was if ignorance is bliss, and I say it definitely is.

• Ignorance is Simply bliss

The arguments against ignorance being bliss aren't quite on subject. The question is simply "is ignorance bliss". Not should you want to be ignorant. Of course no one wants to be ignorant. However the meaning of Ignorance is bliss is you do not know so you do not worry. When I was living in my parents home I did not have to worry about the bills they paid them. Now that I am out of the house I have all these things that I worry about because I am no longer ignorant to the adult world. Not knowing these things were more blissful, however knowing these things help you grow.

• Ignorance can be bliss.

In my opinion, ignorance can be bliss. Take your childhood for example. Ever come home drunk, get past mom and dad, and create no household drama... Your parents are happy and no problems have been created. Until they find out about your wrong doings, they can't be mad, and you can't be in trouble.

• Weak.

If you believe you want ignorance, then you are weak. You can't bare the burden of intelligence, or the truth. If you are unaware you become a slave. Instead of wishing you never knew, learn more about it. Come to a realization of what the problem is and how to deal with it.

• I do not believe so!

If a person is intelligent, then being ignorant about life will not work. I am always questioning how life works, and people intentions. If a person is ignorant, it could hinder that person from making a better decision for themselves and family. I believe the more educated someone is the more he realizes that he does not have all the answers!

• Not for me

For some it may be, but not knowing is not enough for me. I like learning and asking questions. I try not to make excuses for my ignorance, especially when said ignorance can cause irrational hatred, fear, and anger. If anything, ignorance is not blissful at all. Knowing is blissful.

• To a Point

To the individual, yes it is. If it is about emotional thing that would destroy the person then it is good that they dont know and can continue to be in bliss. if it is about something that can help the environment, or some political thing then no, you should know what is going on.

• Ignorance is NOT bliss.

Ignorance is the opposite of knowledge and is most definitely not bliss. Although ignorance may protect us from the harsh reality of the world, The power of knowledge is still greater. Man is, A thinking animal. Knowledge directs his actions and enables him to find the difference between right and wrong, Good and bad. It helps him overcome his weakness and faults and face dangers and difficulties with courage and confidence. It gives him mental, Moral and spiritual advancement. Besides this, It is through knowledge that man has gained mastery over nature. People say ignorance is bliss because stress, Confusion, And Lack of confidence, All come with knowledge and knowledge is something that can only be gained through hard work. A t the end of the day, Human beings are endowed with minds. As such, It is in our nature to think and learn. And thanks to our minds, We are blessed with a comfortable environment designed by, And for us. Because our environment is man-made, It needs to be maintained. If humans embraced ignorance, Everything would crumble, And our comfort-giving creations would be ruined. Hence, Ignorance is comfortable laziness, But knowledge brings us grand accomplishments. So knowledge is power. It has led man for progress. Mighty minds with power of knowledge can rule the minds of millions.
    THANK YOU!

• Ignorance brings bias

Simple really, If ignorance is a bliss why most people I met become sloth to pretty much everything even in the most basic fundamental that we had which is morals? Why it is not a bliss but a bias for me is because people keeps abusing it to the extreme.

• Fiddling while Rome burns

Ignorance is the opposite of knowledge, And it is definitely not bliss. For there to be bliss, There has to be good living conditions; including an abundance of high-quality food, A healthy environment, Healthy and happy friends and neighbors, Reliable security, Transparent laws, And ultimately, Great education.

People say ignorance is bliss because stress, Confusion, Lack of confidence, And cognitive dissonance all come with knowledge. Knowledge is something that can only be gained through hard work. When people say “ignorance is bliss, ” they mean laziness feels good.

However, This kind of bliss is shallow and weak compared with the thrill of accomplishment and deep-seated satisfaction that comes with completing a difficult task or wrestling with a complicated issue.

At the end of the day, Human beings are endowed with minds. As such, It is in our nature to think and learn. And thanks to our minds, We are blessed with a comfortable environment designed by, And for us. Because our environment is man-made, It needs to be maintained. If humans embraced ignorance, Everything would crumble, And our comfort-giving creations would be ruined. Hence, Ignorance is comfortable laziness, But knowledge brings us deep-seated satisfaction and grand accomplishments.

• It's just subjective proverb/ perspective of a poet, Not a truth

U see, It's was a perspective given by a poet in one of his poem, But not knowing this fact is called ignorance, So u can see, Ignorance is not a bliss, It gives u pleasure in short term, But do more harm in long term because u have denied the truth in the first place. Those who are giving example of child, Should know that we all have to grow up and face the reality which is kept hidden from us by our parents to protect us, But not knowing this will only give u anxiety later in life. "Awareness is the key", When u know that cigarette causes cancer, U might quit, But if u are jsst ignorant about it, For today's pleasure, It will give you cancer later in life. I think this should be enough for u to understand my point of view.

• If you don't know the truth, It doesn't mean it is not the truth.

We live in a world where we are always in a race against time. We have so many things in mind, So many things that we want to accomplish for us, For our family and friends. And so, At a superficial level, It would seem that the less things we know, The less things we have to worry about. For instance, Generally people are trapped in their own lives trying to solve "their problems", But if they get to know that their friend or let's say a co-worker is in some sort of problem, Then either they go help them (in which case we as they say "go out of our way") or just ignore them ( in which case we have to accept the bitter truth that we are no better than anybody else). There are also some situitations which we are ill-equipped to handle. But not knowing is even a greater curse. The knowledge can be as little as knowing that your child stole some money from your wallet to as great as the candidate you vote for is directly responsible for murders of innocent people. People think that not knowing will keep them at peace with themselves because they otherwise have to do something to resolve the situation which may or may not result in favourable consequences like confronting your child about the steal he did or doing a little more research than reading headlines before choosing a candidate.

Of course, This is still my opinion and I would like to hear your thoughts about it.

• "Knowledge is Power"

"Knowledge is power" is a very familiar quote all of us.
    I believe that ignorance is NOT bliss because if people are ignorant, They cannot think for themselves because they know nothing of their surroundings or situations (shown in Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451). They accept the ideas that are fed to them even though they might be wrong because they don't know how to judge.
    Also, Without knowledge, The human race cannot grow or progress if they are ignorant. People progress through the process of thinking, And without thinking, They do not progress. This can be connected to the quote "What doesn't kill me makes me stronger" by the German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.