Is it Bad to be Gay? (Please keep religion out of this)

Asked by: SMcBride01
  • Yes it is!!!

Being gay is bad and extremely unnatural. It does not exist without the twisted minds of people. They seek acceptance and blinded to morals that keep them on track. I believe that all people should be judged by their character, but being gay is a huge stain on your character. It says that you reject laws of nature that say a male and female of the same species shall mate. It proves their is a hindrance on your sound judgement. It says that you'll reject the truth no matter how much evidence and proof is presented. It says that you have no respect for the beautiful body you were given. Being gay is not the way you are. It is the way you choose when you mix up the importance of acceptance and respect.

• As a guy wed to another guy, yes it is.

My groom and I have been wed for over ten years, and again a second time once it was made legal. That being said, I was raised by my mother, a lawyer and a bit of a feminist, to be open to the possibility of being gay. I did, however date only women for the longest time. About twelve years ago, after another failed heterosexual relationship, I made a conscious decision to seek out and find who eventually became my groom. I asked HIM out. I, before too long, proposed marriage to HIM. Next thing I know, we're in tuxes, walking arm in arm down the aisle in front of a lot of people, some of them quite shocked! We had a second, equally formal, wedding when gay marriage was made legal. I'd not leave this relationship since I made an adult decision to commit, but were I able to do things differently? Were I raised differently? Certainly, I'd do things differently. Plus, since I've been very publicly and very formally wed to another guy - TWICE - I don't think there'd be any point trying to "switch" to being straight now!

• “Bad” is so vague and open to interpretation.

It may not be morally bad or even unnatural from an evolutionary perspective. But you could consider it bad like being autistic is bad; meaning if you had the choice most would not chose to be gay. Instinctively most would choose not to be gay because they realize the benefits of being part of a majority and not a minority. If you still aren’t convinced, being gay makes you statistically more likely to: commit suicide, suffer from substance abuse, be the victim of physical spousal abuse, be the victim of a hate crime, to have a spouse that cheats on you...Just to name a few. I have a lot of sympathy for anyone gay because it can be a hard road, one I would not want to travel.

• Abnormality is bad.

There are a few different claims on the cause of homosexuality like genetic, environmental, and mental conditions. It has been common practice that if people have abnormal conditions from these or other sources, measures are taken to correct this condition because it may have a negative impact on the person with it. Clearly this condition does hinder their ability to have a normal family life (husband, wife,kids, and grand-kids). Ways should be found to correct this condition.

• Being gay is totally ok!

No one can help their feelings. Saying being gay is wrong is saying it’s wrong to fall in love with someone you deeply care for. That is what’s wrong. Sure, Everyone has their opinions, But you can keep them to urself if it means not accepting others for who they are

• Well for society, it is

Gay people cause stupid debates like this. If you want to be gay then be gay (because it’s within your rights) but just know that you cause problems. It may not be your choice but that doesn’t mean that you won’t slow down reproduction, cause stupid debates and generally be a blemish on our society.

• Basic biology .

When organisms begin life the main goal is to sustain life. The second main goal of an organism is to procreate. Using this standard of thinking being gay by definition is going against your very nature, and therefore should be classified a mental illness and should be treated rather than celebrated.

• Should unhealthy food be banned in restaraunts.

I think unhealthy food should not be banned because once in a while kids should have unhealthy food. Unhealthy food makes kids hiper. Kids don't feel that sleepy and they have more energy. I think unhealthy food should not be banned.Kids need energy to run and play and study. I hope you think so too.

• Its ok to be gay

Have you been gay before! I think not! Being gay is not bad in any way no laws are being broken so it is not wrong. Age is just a number, sister is just a title and prison is just a place and no is just a word. Prove me wrong

• No, it is not

Being gay is not bad. It is just the way you are. No one chooses who they will fall in love with. Similarly, no one chooses their skin color, their hair color, their gender, etc. Some people will call it unnatural, but everything is unnatural depending on your perspective, right?

All in all, gay people are fine, don't judge someone on their sexual orientation, but judge them on their character.

• Gay is ok

As a gay male, I believe it is extremely important not to judge someone on their sexual orientation, but instead on the character. It shouln't matter who I choose to love. Being gay is not a choice. As the queen Lady Gaga once said - "I was born this way"

• Of course not

Being gay is as natural as being straight. It is not chosen, nor is it unnatural. That is evident by the amount of species in which we have observed homosexuality and gay behavior. If animals incapable of rational and logical thought can be gay, there is no compelling argument to suggest the contrary. Science is entirely in favor of gay people being normal and fine.

• Gey is litty

Yeeeeeee my bro i just need the 50 word counter thing to go down to zero but yeah being gay isnt even a choice like im in 8th grade and im more mature than these redneck ass 50 year olds jesus they are the ones that need to grow up :)

• No It is not

Speaking from the perspective of a gay person, I am ridiculed every day for being just a little bit different from everyone else, and still am a happy human being for who I am. Because of all the teasing they go through, gay people come out a stronger, funnier person in the end. I have never met a weak, boring gay guy (Ive met plenty of sad boring puddles of straight people.) Gay peoples lives are hard enough... Why teas them because they're different than you? Teasing a gay person includes riduculing thousands of years of history for the gay community as well.

• You people on the yes side are STUPID

Why should being gay be bad. It whatever makes the person happy. If you don't think that the you are extremely rude. Plus many famous people are gay AHEM* NEIL PATRICK HARRISON he's gay and married and has two kids. It's stupid that gay became an insult to like 3 year-olds

• It's not bad to love

We could say that it's bad to steal, it's bad to kill, but how could we say it's bad to love. Those people being gay or lesbian, they also know this kind of thing could not be accepted by all the people even by their parents. But they still choose to love. It's not only not bad, but also very brave. Reality could be changed but love prevails.

• Gey is litty

• Gey is litty

• Gey is litty

Ravensong2 says2018-05-15T14:53:41.627
This debate was really stupid
SMcBride01 says2018-05-16T03:12:53.150
Why is it stupid?
WHISKERSBEARD says2018-05-16T13:58:48.683
I don't think this was stupid probably just someone asking their opinions on the person possibly being gay. I stand for the no side idk why anyone would say yes
SMcBride01 says2018-05-17T01:34:28.013
@WHISKERSBEARD Thanks for the support! I was just curious about what others think, without religion being involved because in all the other Opinions like this, the side that is anti-gay always brings up the Bible and God and stuff. I just wanted some secular reasoning, if that makes sense.
asta says2018-05-18T19:13:24.457
+WHISKERSBEARD

Gays tend to get diagnosed with HIV more often then straight people. It could be due to the fact that the homosexuals do homosexual things like gay sex which might be more likely to spread STDs then straight sex.
>