Is it better to be street smart or book smart?

Asked by: lighth0us3
  • Being book smart is better !

Being book smart is better than being street smart . If you are street smart than all you know is the STREETS ! Being street smart isn't gonna get you into college , it isn't going to get you good grades in school being in the street will only get you two places , either in jail or in a cold room with a corner , not to sound harsh or anything that just how it is . I mean if you really think about it you can be a genius in the streets but if you can't count money or read a book how are you going to complete an application for a job or anything for that matter you have to have some knowledge . It's just logic !

• Street smarts are better than book smarts

According to my opinion I feel street smarts are much better than book smarts. Street smart can keep you safe as they can handle problems very easily. There are many survival skills that are not present in books and can be learnt only through experiences. Street smart knows many things about people and they can easily adapt.

• Street smarts are much better than book smarts.

No offense to my historians out there, But I am pretty sure that being able to recite all of the U. S. Presidents off of the top of your head won't assist you in buying groceries, Caring for a family, Paying bills, Or staying safe in the wilderness or a city.

• Street Smarts are better.

Book knowledge is a very valuable thing, especially if you wish to fit in well with society at large. But at the same time, it can be seen as a luxury. For survival in any environment, street smarts are necessary to give you an optimal chance at survival. No matter if you are in the middle of a forest or in the middle of Los Angeles. You to know the best ways to get food, shelter, water, protect yourself from unsavory characters (bears, human-counterparts on the street, etc.). Plus, if you want to get everything you want efficiently (most output for the least input) street smarts usually contain such knowledge; how to work the "systems" and whatnot. For these reasons, I vote street smarts.

• Street smarts is better.

The thing is, street smarts are more important as it teaches you what you should do in situations. It's an idea of having better experience and understanding about the public. You see, street smarts can determine life or death. If you had good street smarts, you would know not to go in a stranger's van and much more. Street smarts can also be applied inside homes and buildings, not just the streets. If you're at a party or something, street smarts can determine whether or not doing a certain activity with a person is safe. Also, you don't need a whole lot of book knowledge as there is still high-paying jobs that don't require high intelligence levels.

• Both are stupid

This question is poorly phrased. . . . Go back to school. Do you mean, It is better to be street smart than being book smart? I do not get why people have to reinvent the wheel. Why not read a book and prepare thoroughly? After all, You do not want to make the same mistakes your parents made. People who soley rely on book smart or street smart are stupid. Why limit your range of knowlegde? It really just depends on the enviornment. If you want to be an engineer, Doctor, Lawyer, And any other top paying jobs you need book smart. Street smart people act like they can land a job without being book smart, This is plain stupid. I believe it is harder to be book smart because it is hard to get a college degree. Street smart, Well, You have your entire life to learn. Also, People might be saying oh well I got a top paying job without a degree. To that I say bullshit. You are the exception. Most people need to go through college to be successful because they are not naturally smart or did not have fate on their side. I hate it when street smart people lie saying if you know xyz and maybe if if this event happens you will hit big. The reality is that most (if not all) need to go to college. Also with book smart people some of them are so disconnected with the social setting that they make life harder for some people. They can get annoying asf. Bruh, Learn to socialize and be chill. They overthink things to the degree that I wanna punch their face. They can also become stubborn if they are not comfortable to change. This also applies to street smart thinking that reinventing the wheel is not a stupid idea.

Iacov says2016-12-14T16:42:17.897
Depends on your environment
Kescarte_DeJudica says2016-12-28T22:41:44.603
It depends on a lot of things, including environment, but I think that for the most part, street smarts is usually more valuable knowledge.
Kenneth79 says2020-07-17T17:34:39.550
Kenneth79 says2020-07-17T17:34:47.927