• Nothing wrong with eating food.

Food is food. Is it wrong to want proper nourishment? Eating animal products is necessary for normal health and development. In fact, thousands of babies rely on goats milk because their mothers cannot breastfeed them. No one can possibly advocate purposefully starving thousands of innocent infants for no logical reason. Besides, it's delicious.

• Yes It Is Ethical

I believe it is ethical to drink milk from animals. It would appear cow milk is produced at a rate that they can't even use it at. Humans, coincidentally benefit a great deal from cows milk. There is no reason to find this practice unethical, it has been done for centuries.

• Yes it is

It is ethical to drink milk from animals. In fact, humans are mammals and considered to be animals, and some of us feed our young with milk. If we're talking about dairy animals like cows, sheep, and goats, it is ethical to drink their milk as long as they are not harmed, and as long as they are not being kept in abusive conditions.

• IT is ethical

Honestly, does it really hurt the cows to be milked? I mean, human females do it all the time with their babies. Why should it hurt the animal when we do it when their own calf does it a lot harder. Seriously guys, it is not bad to do what nature does but in a different way.

• Yes, it is ethical to drink milk from animals

We are animals, therefore milk from animals is perfectly ethical. Whether it be a human animal or a cow or goat, it is perfectly ethical, IMO. The practices we use to extract m ilk are a whole separate issue. But for the purposes herein, I have to say that I have no ethical issue with drinking milk from an animal.

• Milk is fine as far as I'm concerned

The question of is it ethical to drink milk, or the question, Is it ethical to eat meat are the same question to my eyes. I don't have a problem with doing either. I think this is a question whose answer depends on the ethical system you subscribe to. There are a lot of nutrient provided by milk and plenty of people who need those nutrients. Is it preferable that people suffer for animals benefit. It depends. In my ethical system, people are valued above animals.

• I think it is

First off let me say that im vegetarian so I love animals. Drinking of milk is ok IMHO because it seems so natural to me that we shhhhould consume cows milk. It is a gift from God. Yes the dairy industry is to blame for the cruelty to animals but from a small farms point of view and to sustain oneself it is necessary. We get so much from milk for eg. Cheese, Yogurt. Milk is also used in cakes and pancakes, Bread, Butter etc. As long as you have a healthy cow that is loved by you I see nothing wrong with it.

• Oh my lord YES IT IS

A cow would literally die if we as people did not take milk from it. And it is people who are doing things to cows to produce more milk or people who are depriving calves of milk who make it unethical. It is not the taking of milk itself that does. A calf can still be perfectly healthy and full and not needing any more milk but the cow will still produce more. Why? So that we can consume it.

Posted by: TRK
  • Do you want to know the truth, or would you prefer to play make-believe?

What people don't realize about diary farms is that they are actually the one's responsible for producing veal. Have you ever wondered what happens to the male calves in dairy farms? Dairy farms have no use for raising them, so they instead ship them off grow with extremely limited movements so that their muscles are unable to develop, giving them an unnatural, sickening tenderness. Additionally, milk only comes by means of a calf being taken away from her/his mother. We are literally stealing the milk biologically meant for the calf. The mother cow emits calls that scientists have determined are used by the mother to try to locate her lost offspring. Diary cows who survive this ordeal are given extremely little room to move. Instead of being allowed to graze, diary farm corporations have determined that it is cheaper to have the cows consume corn (unnatural for their consumption) and remain stationary (unnatural for any mammal, especially a grazing mammal). The cows largely live standing in their own defecation. These unnatural foods and conditions have led to the development of unique diseases that would not survive in healthy, free cows.

Posted by: kbub
  • No it's not.

Unless it becomes painless and convenient for the actual animals involved, then there is no honest way we can argue that it's ethical. Alternatives exist which don't come at the cost of suffering, and they can even be healthier. Though don't get me wrong, I'm saying this from the position of a vegetarian that still eats cheese and ice cream so even I contribute to this problem.

But you see, that's the thing that needs to be addressed. Lets stop defending terrible acts by trying to pretend that they're ethical. The first step to fixing a problem is admitting that we have one. And in a world where countless animals have to suffer for our own petty, selfish want, then clearly, we in-arguably have a gigantic problem here; we've got an addiction.

It's not ethical to drink milk, it's not ethical to eat meat, it's not ethical to eat ice cream and cheese, and it's certainly not ethical to put our tiny wants above the lives of other living creatures.

• Against drinking milk

We shouldn't steal cow's milk which is intended for her baby. We can get our nutrients from plants. It's unethical to grow cows to steal her milk, Then send her to be slaughtered. God not only created humans, But also lots of animals whom we should respect and treat humanely

• Forcing cows to give birth

And then take away their babies to then be kills. Very unnecessary.
    But I would love me some dog milk.
    DJs sidgid dkgadcj doegqsc odhd js. Djqwdjwds amdvkadv. J adv dcj aecamec. Jadc j adv jadv ax jagsclf no idea what else to add h h h h h h

• Cruel and unnecessary.

It is parasitic and unnecessary. Why force the animals into such miserable lives to then completely alter the milk with pasteurization and removing the fat/lactose anyway and basically make it into a different product so we can digest it. Surely that shows we shouldn't be consuming it anyway? We are not infant cows- we are not even infants. No other species requires milk past the age of weaning so why do we? Studies have shown in many cases it can also be detrimental to health.

• Its the worst thing you can put in your mouth

Dairy tortures, Harms, And kills animals. Cows don't need to be milked if we didn't force feed them. We feed them so much so they make more milk. It is unnatural. It makes cows feel horrible, It is bullying. If you don't support bullying, Why support milk. They are harmed and tortured so you can drink something that is unnecessary for you. There are vegan alternitives for every option. What they say about milk is right, Its real, It isn't good. Its the worst thing you can put in your mouth. You are capable of choosing humane options, I know you can, I believe in you, Because you are a good person. Love you all.

• It is unethical

Impregnating cows only to take their calves away 9 months later so that we can drink the milk that is at best completely unnecessary for humans, at worst harmful to our health, cannot be ethical and is incredibly cruel to the animals involved. Not to mention the ultimate fate of the calves and the cows once they stop producing the level of milk needed to be deemed profitable.

• It is not humane

Sad to say it because I love dairy products, but in my mind, and as a mother, I find it incredibly cruel that we tear the calf from its mother and kill it. Year after year the poor cow has to go through this, and the young are slaughtered. I'm not a vegan, but a vegetarian and although I will never be classed as vegan, I am considering dairy alternatives, as I believe the system is a cruel one

• No, it's unnessecary and unnatural.

Is it necessary? No. There are ample alternatives.

Do animals suffer as a direct consequence? Yes. Regardless of the perpetual state of induced feigned pregnancy and centuries of unnatural breeding to suite our needs there is no escaping that unwanted calves- an inevitable outcome of the breeding process - are killed to save expense.

Is it natural? No. We've been ingesting dairy from other animals for just a fraction of our existence as a species.

There's no argument save selfish laziness. Although I must admit I do miss the taste...

• Its not ethical

We are a selfish, self absorbed species that believes animals are only created for our satisfaction. We choose to ignore what we know to be the truth. Animals suffer as a result of our thoughtless desire for comfort. We do not need it. It is not natural for us to drink milk from another species. I include myself here. Time to wake up and get real and adopt a genuine compassion and respect for animals. It is their right!