Is it okay for sneakers to be worn without socks?

Asked by: corncake21
  • It is okay.

The reason why I think it is okay for sneakers to be worn without socks is that lots of people already do it anyway, especially women. Women wear flats, moccasins, TOMS, pumps, and slip-ons, all without socks. All of them are closed-toe. That's not all, though. They do wear like actual sneakers without socks.

• No, in my opinion it's wrong to not wear socks with tennis shoes.

I was raised to wear socks and/or nylon with shoes for hygiene. The only exception was flip flops. I feel today's youth had no guidance and now have no moral compass. People are disgusting (fungus, wart, bacteria, virus, dirt, bugs,etc.) and can't see or smell for themselves. People learn by watching others and if role models dont wear socks, then everybody better be trendy. I'm glad they still cater to some modesty with hid a nylon mini sleeves for dress shoes. Thankfully fashion is cyclic, I just noticed models wearing opaque tights, and ugly socks with high heels.

• You need to have socks with sneakers

Don´t be gross yall. If you don´t wear socks with your sneakers, Just wow. I do not appreciate that. Your feel get so sweaty and smelly and who in their right mind enjoys haves wet and smelly feet. Please, Like let me know. Anyways, It´s easier to get bacterial infections by the easy risk of getting blisters and fungus by your sweaty feet contaminating your shoes. Don´t be silly yall! Wear socks with your sneakers, Please! ;)

• Sneakers need to be worn with socks.

After reading the argument on the opposing side I have come up with the conclusion that, yes, they should be worn with socks. In the first argument on the opposing side they say that women already wear flats and other slip-on's without socks. These are different than sneakers. Therefore, I do not think that these examples of foot wear should be able to be supporting their claim. Sure it is ok to wear no socks with some slip-on shoes, but sneakers are different. Sneakers are mainly worn as everyday shoes, when you're exercising, and having a comfortable day. These shoes are so closed off that your feet start to sweat. When they sweat the socks are supposed to catch it so that your shoes don't get messed up. Socks are supposed to be worn for not breathable shoes for when your feet sweat. If your shoes get internally covered in sweat then this can make your feet grow fungus due to the closed off space and warm, sweaty, moisture filled air inside of the shoes. That is why I think that you should always wear socks to not get foot fungus and other things.

• No it is not ok

It is really really gross and then your feet start to smell and then everbody gets mad cause your fett smell really bad. Also you can get really bad blister and foot fungus. It is just a bad situation. I would reccomoend very strongly to wear socks when you wear sneakers.

>