Is it right to judge people about their weight?

Asked by: rosalee
  • Weight gain is nurture not nature

Humans were not designed to be obese, there is no fat gene (some people find it easier to put on weigh true but it is not their destiny to be overweight). Obesity is a huge drain on the healthcare system and on the economy. In this day and age there is really no excuse to being extremely overweight. If judging or shaming is what is needed in order for people to lose weight (I firmly believe in a fat tax) then so be it.

• We all judge

You are who you are. We all judge one another and appearance is one of the easiest tools you can use to determine whether you want to spend more time with a person or not. Just like I do not want to see a movie with a dull cover, I do not want to spend time with a person whose looks annoy me.

• I do not support judgement, but in this case it is no worse then any other.

Weight, whether it be obese or extremely slim, can be both a choice and a cultural/genetic outcome. Regardless, in the current society the populace feels it is appropriate to judge on many other physical traits, so why should weight not be one of them? I have seen judging off of weight being condoned by many, who in judge off of skin conditions, health choices (such a smoking), and much more when they are in reality no worse. I do not support the judging of people in general, but when people feel its right to judge someone based off of personal decision or there physical characteristics, why should weight be left out?

• That's so wrong.

There is something called "Freedom of Speech," however everyone can make choices about their words and actions, and in my opinion people should treat other people how they would want to be treated, so that they don't hurt anyones feeling. It's just not right, I mean seriously people, how hard can you be?

• Of course its ok

If someone wants to judge someone about their weight thats there business. The only way you can say no to this question is if you dont judge people at all about anything. Why do you get to choose whats ok to judge. A drug addict can be judged but an overweight person cant? Im not talking about the people who have no control over their weight whatsoever because of a medical condition. Im talking about the people who can do something about it just like a drug addict can do something about the drugs. Its thats persons fault for getting to that point and if you think that losing weight is hard try being addicted to a drug and becoming sober. I garuntee you that you would rather be fat and have to lose the weight.

• Yes it is

You should be able to judge people by their weight. You should be able to because their weight is a clear representation of some of the aspects of themselves. You can judge them however you want, positively or negatively, but it is not wrong to judge them. For example it is ok to judge an extremely obese job candidate at first sight because it maybe shows their outlooks on life or their work ethics and self respect. No it is not like racism because it weight is dependent on the person and can change unlike race. Overall in my opinion it is not wrong to judge a person by their weight when you meet them, but I also think that they should not solely be judged by their weight skinny or fat.

• Yes. If u a fattie, d'en you a fattie.

If you're fat, d'en you're fat. Get over it. Actually get under it and drop it like there aint no tomorrow. If you don't like it, the get rid of it. Don't be sitting on your fatty behind and eating your fatty ice cream, ladies. Hit dat gym, boys. Ya'll need to run away from dat fat. Run fat boy run!

• Judge don't shame

Being overweight is in some ways like being addicted to smoking, it is something that is damaging to your well-being that everyone involved should be trying to combat. If you smoke you should do everything in your power to quit, and if you are overweight you should do everything in your power to gain and maintain a healthy body composition. It's not always easy to take care of your body, but it is something you are obligated to do - both for the betterment of yourself and the people around you. It is the people who gain weight the easiest that need to work the hardest. This is something that not everyone is mentally capable of doing, and so yes, you can come to a conclusion that someone is lazy or unwilling to better themselves based on their body weight. Of course, people have the right to decide not to take care of themselves, but it is up to THEM to deal with the consequences of that decision.

• Never judge a book by it's cover.

I used to be really fat. Then I shaped up a lot. You have to realize that people have different reasons for being fat like: Big boned, metabolism, other diseases etc. Even if they did eat to much cheetohs in the couch, don't bully them for it,

CONCLUSION: You have no idea what the persons background is, do not judge.

• You don't have to judge

I don't think you should judge people about there weight it bring there self esteem then might try to kill there self. You don't whant someone in your family die I bet you have someone in your family fat you don't call them names and in you do you get in trouble . So don't call no names

• Whats the point.

Do not judge people. You are not in there body. What is the point of judging people. Are you trying to make yourself feel better or just to be a jerk. Why judge by weight. Kind of like judging by sex, race , and weight this is all not right. Treat people how you want to be treated. Don't judge how you would not like to be judged.

• It is not okay to judge people by how they look

If you were obese how would you feel if someone judged you by how you looked? It is not nice at all so don't do it! How kind they are doesn't count by how big they are there is nothing funny, or cool about shunning people that don't look like you. The point is: It's wrong, mean and not nice so don't do it!

• It's not okay to judge people by appearance.

People have their own reasons to be plus sized. It's okay to live how you want to live and nobody can help your appearance that you have inherited.Everybody is beautiful no matter how you look. I am plus sized and i'm proud to be who I am today. Judgment is not needed at all. If you want to judge somebody think "why do I want to do this." If it's because your friends are doing it GO YOUR OWN WAY.

• Ideally speaking Judging others is bad.

It is wrong to judge anyone however...
    We all do it and if you say you don't you're a lair.
    The thing is you don't just wake up one day and realize you are fat and should do something about it. It's a process that happens gradually often as we get older.
    I should point out that I'm one of those people who can eat anything I want and not put on weight.
    True fat people are a drain on resources yet I see no reason why they should be taxed more or banned from healthcare. They are still human beings.
    I am not a religious person but I do think there is a lot to be said for:
    "Do not judge, or you too will be judged".

• Don't judge no one peps

People listen if your normal, fat, or super skinny there's no freaking reason to make fun of people. There is a funny joke and there's a complete judgemental. You don't know if your the reason people are suicidal. If you know it's wrong don't say or do it. People put there self down because of comments like this. If someone dies from suicide that's your problem.

• We should absolutely NOT judge people based on weight!

Honestly, none of us are perfect, so we should not make fun of others and their looks, it shouldn't affect anyone! People these days are extremely superficial, but leave that to kindergarteners! As adults, we should know better than to judge based on looks, and people who still do that need to grow up because that will bring you no where in life. Some fat people can't help it, maybe they have a really bad metabolism, maybe they were fat as kids and could never lose that weight, you never know! You don't know what these people are going through, so it's best that we leave them alone. Put yourself in their shoes before you judge.

>