• Texting is a 100% better than calling why?

Nearly everyone who grew up in the 90s knows what life was like without a cellphone. We all used the landline at home when we needed to speak to someone, and put it away as soon as someone was on the Internet. Texting our friends was not a thing we were used to, not the way everyone is now. Most of us got phones when we joined college, and even then, messages cost a fair bit of money. Soon, network providers rolled out free message plans, and then came WhatsApp. Somehow, even though we were a generation not used to texting, we took to it like ducks to water. Texting is better, because it lets you think to know what you need to say. With texts, you can think and overthink your responses, proofread the text, rewrite it 10 times, and then think about whether or not you want to press the send button. Plus, texting also proves that someone sid something.

• Texting is better than calling because...

Texting is a lot cheaper than calling. Sometimes texting is even free on my phone!! Most people as I see in this argument are for texting. I think texting is better than calling because people can communicate better and they can help your brain function to help synapses going. Therefore, texting is better than calling.

• Texting is better than talking on a phone

Its better because calling someone might lead to innipropiote language to the person your talking to and actually if your in a meeting i could be innarrassing if your boss looks at you like your crazy.It also takes aways time from having fun all the time thats my opinion. :)

• Proper Language Is Needed

It is better to text than make a phone call because phone calls are so expensive and who cares if you don't talk to the person on the phone. Arrange a time to meet up somewhere and talk face to face rather than wasting money on phone calls. Well texting has it's own issues like you have to take more than a minute to send a single message because of the tiny screen, if your internet ran out, you can't text at all and so on.

• Phones are expensive

• Cost effective and efficient

It can cost less or cents but phoning costs money. Phones cut out over seas and if you in a meeting you can text without disturbing people e.g. in a meeting if the meetings going late you can text your doctors or friends to tell them your late without didstrupting the meeting

• Proper Language Is Needed

I believe that sometimes when you want to say something you don't want to say then texting is easier to say. It is hard to communicate with your kids easier this way. You can also use it other that talking because most of the time you cant communicate with that person if they are busy, so texting solver that.

• Texting is really inefficient but works for inefficient people that think they are efficient

Simple questions, those that can be answered with yes or no or several words or even one sentence answers are fine for texting. That is not what most people do though. They try to engage in whole conversations. Then all those "distractions" of phone calls apply and more , losing focus, having to type, taking eyes off work because you cannot focus on ANYTHING else since both hands and eyes are occupied (anyone talking to a texter knows they cannot engage in conversation while texting--plus like to walk into traffic), plus having to reread the previous answers and questions because you were not really focusing and the issue is important. On the phone I can actually keep typing and working while answering other questions...But I am efficient.

• I love to text, but it has hurt me.

I text all of the time, but now that i am used to it I get very nervous when I have to talk to someone on the phone. I don't really know what to say and will jumble my words. The long pause is not good. SO, if I talked more on the phone I would be more comfortable.

• Talking is better, no need to type a letter

It is better to talk to someone as sometimes when you text someone, they are actually not who they say they are. Research proves that over 6 in ten people have been impersonating to be someone else (in other terms, cat fishing them). They could do inappropriate things such as publicly presenting your details and/or give them to other people and that can lead to cyberbulling.

• No no no no

There is a thing called socialising and a thing called talking. If you get invited to a party you wouldn’t take your phone and chat to everyone in text Message when they're standing right next to you, no you would talk to your friends.Emojis don't explain their emotions even though they might type a smiley face, they may be upset or disappointed. . At school say for insead your teacher wouldn’t text you say go to page 86 or every one be quite ect.

• Texting affect us

When i say that texting affect us i mean that it affect our bodies health. Sitting so many hours on your phone or computer causes damaging in your brain cells and the way it function. Texting also can damages your eyes, so many people started wearing glasses after sitting so man ours on their phones

• No no no

Texting isjust to bad kkkki k k k kk k kk k k kk kkk k k k k k k k k kk k k k k k k kkkk k k k k kk k k k k k k k k k k kk k k k k k k k k k k k k k

• Can't tell expression of person

I strongly believe that talking is better than texting because you cannot tell what the person is feeling. Emojis don't explain their emotions even though they might type a smiley face, they may be upset or disappointed.
    What if they do this:
    " I am so disappointed in you :)"

• Texting Is Inefficient

Texting is moving us backward rather than advancing us, because it is inefficient in most circumstances.

You can dial no more than ten digits (area code and phone number) and have an entire conversation with someone. You could even dial as few as one digit (if the person is in your speed dial memory).

Contrast that with texting, where you have to punch a whole bunch of keys to send a single message. Then you have to wait until the other person responds. Then it's back to punching more keys. Then repeat. It is a tremendously inefficient way to have a conversation.

Texting has its uses. If you have to be quiet and can't talk, it can be useful for very short messages. If you dont' have a very good signal and can only get text through but not talk, it can be useful.

As for general conversation, texting is FAR WORSE than talking.

What's next, asking if smoke signals are better than texting?

• No. Texting shouldn't replace talking!

No. Texting should never take the place of an old fashioned verbal conversation. So many things are missed in a text only conversation. Things like body language, voice inflection and overall context are important ways to gauge a conversation. You can only assess those things when speaking directly to someone.

>