• All living things desurve freedom

I'm sure you all enjoy the freedom of your own life. Don't you? Well then why should we steel the life of our own pets life? Absouslty not! Also they are seporated from there familes. Now just take a second to think about how you would feel in that suitation. You woulden't feel the best now would you? I know I woulden't. So want gives us the right to do that to inasint animals? I hope i
    I have convinced you tha all animals desurve to be free

• Pets are ethically wrong

The animal is taken from it's mother and family to be a pet, Or prisoner. Whether the "master" thinks it's for the best does not matter. It is an involuntary relationship with the animal. Often the animal adapts to it's environment abd even more often, It is abused and killed when it becomes "homeless". Shelters are a holding cell for the animals which result from the captivity of their parents. I hope one day the habitats of animals will be conserved and humankind will evolve empathy.

• Ignorant, Irresponsible, Unsanitary

It is irresponsible to take an animal from its native environment, Making it a slave/object to do with as one likes, Breeding/experimenting with it, Etc. Being lonely is a sad excuse for owning a pet. Pets in public are a health risk to folks with allergies, They spread germs, Folks risk injury to bites and scratches, And the simple annoyances of barking, Licking, And more. The common everyday of a dog's snout is up another's back side or between its hind legs. Pet owner's are often ignorant and mystified saying, "its friendly" when others back away from it due to health risk or disgust.

• Selfish, evil and just wrong.

Good news, we have been found by a more intelligent species than ourselves. Bad news, they can't communicate with us and they find us amusing and cute so we are going to become their pets. It's OK though because all future human babies will be removed from their family to be cared for, if they're lucky, by an alien family and they won't know any better.

• My dog prefers humans to other animals.

That's literally it. He's happier around people.

We also adopted dogs which had birth defects, had they been born in the wild they would have been left to die, whereas now they have a happy life. It definitely isn't wrong - selectively breeding them for do shows is wrong however.

• No, keeping animals as pets is the right thing to do.

No, keeping animals as pets is a smart and safe thing for both pets and people. Pets make great companions for people of all ages and have been proven is studies to increase a persons day to day happiness. For the pets, many people are saving the animals from being put down in a shelter, or reaching over population and staving to death. Life, food, and shelter are a much better option for animals, and give them the chance to live health and enjoyable lives.

• Much better than euthanizing them in shelters

Considering 3 to 4 million dogs are euthanized or put to death in animal shelters every year I have no problem with anyone keeping a domesticated animal like a dog or cat as a pet. As long as the animal (or animals) is properly treated I see it as a good thing for the dog/cat and for the family.

• There's no problem with keeping pets.

No, I don't think that it's wrong for people to keep animals as pets. Pets provide companionship, friendship and entertainment in exchange for us taking care of them. Centuries of breeding have created animals such as dog and cat breeds that are predisposed to human interaction. There's just nothing wrong with it.

• It Isn't To Me

I do not believe it is wrong for people to keep animals as pets. We have a dog and she is like a part of our family. I believe people can benefit greatly from pets and there is not reason for these people to feel they are breaking some kind of moral or ethical code.

• No, the animals were bred to be tame.

Animals have been bred to be companions for humans for years now. So it is not wrong for people to take these animals as pets or companions, and actually these pets do much better in the home being cared for rather than being let loose in the wild where they can hardly survive.