• Still Without Equal

Drop what you're doing and go give a serious listen to ANY one of Zep's first six albums on good audio equipment with plenty of volume. . . Ample VOLUME is crucial for appreciating Zep music. Zep-1 through Physical Graffiti (6 gems in a row) was greatest consecutive, Sustained streak of rock brilliance ever released.

• Led zeppelin rulesssssssssss

They Are The Best At Everything that They did Songs, Albums and especially Playing Their Instrements Robert is if not the greatest frontman ever Jimmy Is One Of The Top 2 Guitarests All time John Paul Is one of the top two bass players and other instrementalists of all time and John Henry Bonham Is The GReatest Drummer Ever! Therefore LED ZEPPELIN Is the Greatest Band All time No other Band comes Close To ZEP Zeppelin For ever

• The Rock Legends

They are by far the best. Combine records sold, Creativity, And the way they invented new music was just amazing. They did to the 70s what the Beatles did to the 60s. Arguably best rock vocalist everz best drummer, Best guitar list and best bassist. The best band ever. No question

• 100% the best rock 'n' roll band of all time

Led Zeppelin only had a 12 year career. In this time they produced 12 INSANE studio albums, all of which made it on the Top 10 Album billboard charts...6 of them making it to the #1 spot. John Paul Jones plays 16 different instruments and was always able to round off Zeppelin's sound. John Bonham was a BEAST..Insane rhythm and speed, probably the best drummer to ever live. Jimmy Page created new sounds that no one had ever heard before...Played things that most guitarists wouldn't dream of playing AND he produced every single Led Zeppelin song. Robert Plant wrote the lyrics and hit notes that most people had never heard before. Not only is their music unique, but every album has a different sound and tells a different story. Everything about them was new, original (except for a few songs), and EXCITING. They are hands-down the most well-rounded band to ever exist and are definitely the best rock 'n' roll band of all time.

• Who doesn't like Led Zeppelin!!!

They are the best of the best, and no one will ever be like them anytime soon. There is a band coming up called Greta Van Fleet, but they will not be as big as Led Zeppelin. I use to not like Led Zeppelin but my dad showed me them, and I started to think they were ok. One day I started to listen to them more and now they are my favorite band. They grow on you because they are musical geniuses. They know how to grab you and Plant's voice, Bonzo's drumming is so creative and unique, and omg who doesn't like Page's guitar skills. I listen to them everyday for at least a hour and I discovered them a half a year ago, and I can't get enough. They will always be my favorite band on my list!

• They were ahead of their time.

I know that they nixed black blues artists, but it's the blues! Those artists took from older artists and so on. It's not what they took, it's what Led Zeppelin did with it that was so special. There was an almost supernatural level of communication live, and there was an undivided harmony between them in studio and on stage. To be perfectly honest, I thought Zeppelin were overrated...Once. But looking at every album and analyzing every second of every song, it is impossible, or rather ignorant to say they are a cover band. For any of those doubting Led Zeppelin's credibility, check out their later albums, mainly Physical Graffiti, Presence, and ITTOD. Zeppelin was always different; they were the single greatest, most diverse, musically inclined group of people to ever grace a stage.

• They can do it all

Led zeppelin are one of the few bands to push the boundaries of every genre they entered. Their songwriting abilities are amazing. They can go from folk songs like bron yr aur stomp to heavy hitting rock like heartbreaker and none of it ever feels forced or out of reach.

• Zeppelin Still Unequaled

Like Floyd, Stones, Beatles & The Who but Led Zeppelin remain in a class by themselves. Put on Zeppelin-I the other day and was reminded of the insane power they wielded from their very first album. It's nearly 50 years old but still sounds impossibly exciting. Great music will endure.

• The band was made up of four outstanding musicians.

Robert Plant, contrary to many arguments I have read on this site, was an incredible vocalist. Jimmy Page is umong the greatest guitarists if all time. There has been no one better than Bonham behind the kit, and John Paul Jones was a musical freak of nature, playing every instrument from the Recorder, Violin, and Sitar. Their influence on Rock n' Roll is immeasurable, and they stand as the greatest band of all time.

• Still got the full power

Just ask to an actual drummer who's the best of all times,50% would go on John Bonham, this man has an unparalleled way of playing with power, speed and tempo
    For the rest of the band everything was said above but i should say that the chemistry brought by this band was so obvious only a month to deliver their first masterpiece

• The Leading guitarist was excellent and carried the band. Robert Plant was not a really great singer.

It's my belief that Freddie Mercury was an out of this world excellent singer with a musical range that was not used fully. The songs and lyrics were unique and catchy. The Lead guitarist though played standard rock'n roll was not outstanding among the greats like Jimi Hendriks, Jimmy Paige, Eric Clapton etc.

• Led Zeppelin could never overcome bands like: The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Pink Floyd, The Who...

First of all, because the creativity... Zepp was essentially a covers band. They exploded, literally, the delta blues of the old afro americans, even without recognizing their credits. Second, Zepp's original songs, even though the excellent music, used to have very stupid lyrics. No one can deny that the band was formed by extraordinaries musicians but this fact isn't enough to declare this band as "the best rock 'n roll band ever". There are a lot of bands and artists who deserve this nomination: The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, The Who, Pink Floyd, Frank Zappa, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, for instance... Iove Led Zeppelin but there are betters, undoubtedly.

• They're legendary but not the greatest

I like Led Zeppelin, I really do but you gotta ask, how did they really change the game? I mean The Beatles really changed the way we look at music with songs that weren't meant to be popular such as Helter Skelter yet still are huge parts of rock history. KISS, Rush and Queen changed the way we look at concerts. Led Zeppelin is definitely a top 5 but I wouldn't call them the greatest of all time.

• They are confirmed musical thief

They are the greatest musical thief getting credits for songs they just copied and act ted like they are the real author of the songs, how many times others are claiming ownership of the songs they are pretending to have written by themselves? Is that what you call the best?

• No they're not.

It's kind of like asking who's the king of rock. Everybody knows it's elvis, like him or not. The question about best band was answered back in the 60s when the beatles came out & spawned millions of other bands in their wake. No other band has had the level of success, influence & musical growth than the beatles.

• The Closest Second

The Beatles did much more in less time. Led Zeppelin had a full decade to create their 9 great studio albums, but The Beatles had more material over 13 studio albums (Britain album count) written all in 8 years. Yes, Led Zeppelin has iconic songs and members, but The Beatles had more influence with their intellects, intelligence, performing ability, and songwriting skills. The Beatles probably inspired Led Zeppelin to become a band. I might even put forth this argument: The Beatles' acoustic songs like Norwegian Wood, Blackbird and Here Comes The Sun have certainly inspired Led Zeppelin folk songs from Ramble On, The Rain Song and Going To California. Although 1/4th of Zeppelin's catalogue is acoustic work, The Beatles covered much more genres in their work from art rock Sgt. Pepper, folk-inspired Rubber Soul, psychedelic Revolver, poppy Help!, bluesy Abbey Road, soft rock Let It Be and the assemblage of a plethora of genres in The White Album. Not taking anything away from the magnificent Led Zeppelin, but they are second on my personal list of greatest groups of all time, behind only the quintessential Beatles.

• Why??? Pink floyd is the best. Toss up between them and the beatles.

I love zepp but more innovative,revolutionary than the beatles or the floyd,,,,,,no way. Great to have on at parties, great to rock on to,but original no!!!!Just hardened blues and folk. Even deep purple brought more originality to the table. And they didn't knock of other people songs(yes i know bands take a little ,but not whole songs). I still think the zepp is great though just not the greatest.

• This band makes JOCK ROCK

Awful sounding guitar bridges, boring, oh so boring. Hit your head on a table boring. Not to mention that whiny voice. I do not understand why this band has won all the respect it has. Maybe cause the band t-shirts look cool? Or because they were told this is good music? Or because they wanted to be a musician and were told this is the music musicians respect? Never liked them, never will.

• Led Zeppelin were half of a great band.

As everyone seems to say, Led Zeppelin had one of the greatest-ever rhythm sections in all of rock music. Bonham and Jones were incredible not only in how good they sounded, but also in how they were, as players, capable of getting out of the way and providing an underlying propulsion for Plant and Page to work on. But Plant and Page are the problem; the prior is, let's face it, not a very good singer, and the latter, while a very very good guitar player, sacrificed in his songwriting actual depth for pretentious myth-making. So what Led Zeppelin end up being is a great drummer and bassist adding propulsion to shallow, nerdy (not in the thoughtful way, but in the I-can-trace-the -genealogies-of-every-LotR-character kind of way, which can be fun, but is ultimately really really stupid) totems signifying nothing other than how much Led Zeppelin rock. Art should have higher standards.

• No they are not.

They are not the best rock n roll band of all time, but they are one of the better ones that many people will remember for a long time and will think about even years after their time. People like their music and their unique style, but many other bands have great sound too.