Is left-wing (liberal) better overall than right-wing (conservative)?

• And thats not saying much as the left sucks too

At least left leaning people tend to be nicer than right leaning people. Sure, not everyone right leaning is bad. But the whole right wing ideology just outright sucks. Their whole values lie on giving privilege to the stronger people. Plus at its core, right wing is just outright authoritarian for the sake of being authoritarian.

• Yes, A society that promotes equal rights and opportunity for all is better. Taking all variables into account is better.

The right tends to attempt to protect an uneven playing field, And fights tooth and nail against leveling the playing field. They fail to see a bigger picture of what harms others, So they think they should be allowed to take actions that directly hurt others. They want their solutions simple, When the equation is vast. They need to learn to take all variables into account when determining "fair", Rather than bitching that other people get the same rights they do.

• Left wing is better

I believe that at the core of my belief system is caring for other people. I want to help. I oppose racism and police brutality because they hurt lots of people. I believe in clean energy because I don’t want thousands of people to die just so some rich guy can get a bigger pay check. I’ve considered it, and I honestly don’t think I’m capable of understanding conservatives. I can’t understand thinking the ability to own an assault rifle without the proper training is worth more than the lives of hundreds of children. I can’t understand thinking a company’s refusal to raise the minimum wage with rising inflation is more valid than the rights of poor people to a decent meal and a roof above their heads. I don’t like to feel like I’m strawmanning, but these are the kind of policies that get votes from right wing demographics! If I had to guess, I’d say the root of conservative ideology is a belief that those in power are there because they deserve to be. That the weak and victimized just aren’t trying enough or that they’re just entitled weaklings who are bitter about losing. But it’s not true. Life isn’t like that, there isn’t that kind of inherent fairness, and refusing to change anything in service of a selfish delusion isn’t going to change that. If someone is in a wheelchair, they probably didn’t choose to be there. So hold the door open for them— it’s the nicest thing to do.

• Why I believe centre-left wing is better (but why we shouldn't make a huge fuss about it)

The thing which I believe about politics is that you can get too much of either thing. Far left is communism (which basically removes all incentives to work). Far right is fascism (like nazism: do I really need to go into this?). Either way, we don't want either. Another thing that we need to realise is that the world isn't perfect, so if we went with conservatism, then we'd never improve. An important thing to note is that I am not saying throw out old values entirely, just keep some, replace some. A perfect example of this is slavery. How many of you are against slavery? None, right? One of my main values is creativity, originality, not accepting the status quo. A thing I have noticed in the conservatism section is somebody's argument is how an argument against a leftist is like (for them) Guess what? To the leftist, it probably looked exactly like that? Why? Confirmation bias. It says that humans usually look for things which support their opinion, and I, a human, naturally still show it, but because I know about it, I can catch myself when I do it. Although I still think all this, I believe that there is a "sweet spot" a bit left of the centre. I allow everybody equal rights, like same-sex marriage is legalised, an employer can't say "you can't do x because you're part of <insert a minority group here> (although it uncontrollably happens inside, even if we can't consciously block it), but I don't have things like the government saying "Nice company you have there. Would be a shame if the government took control of it", and then they take control over your company. Like I said, the extremes are not where to go. Stay in the moderate side of things. Another thing is that I will allow corporations to hire more majority populus, if they're better skilled, but must help minority groups grow. Apparently, according to this website: http://www.computerscience.org/resources/women-in-computer-science/, boys outnumber girls in computer science exams four to one (i.E., for every 4 boys in computer science exams, on average there is one girl, or girls are one fifth of the people in computer science exams)! Imagine what new things we could get if we could reach this partly-tapped population! Finally, one important thing is to actually question things we believe, but aren't true.
    So, what are my tips?
    1: Whenever you hear a shocking statistic, go online and see if you can find it.
    2: After you do step 1, even if you've formed an opinion, find more similar websites, both supporting and contradicting your claim, being aware of confirmation bias.
    3: After you do the above, fit your claims to what you believe has more secure data.
    4: Don't make a flamewar when somebody has a different opinion. We are all on the same boat, remember.
    5: Repeat.

• Liberalism is better.

I've met a lot of conservatives, and they have struck out to me as not the nicest people out there, even without saying a single word related to politics. Moving on to the refugee crisis, those worrying about terrorists should stop. There's a thing called background checks.
    Moving onto the 2nd amendment, it's too easy to buy a gun. The original purpose was to arm the milita, but now we have a epidemic of school shootings. It's outdated. (PS: In the US, permanent residents that originally came from overseas can get a gun!)

• Liberalism is better.

• Left wing is better

Right wingers are rich people who care for other rich people, they don't give two f**ks about the ordinary workers, right wingers call us lefty loonies but people who want social justice and good lives for the normal people are not loonies. I agree that far left politics is bad but far right politics is the absolute worst as it is racist and fascist, left of centre is the best political position.

• It is better

Conservatives do not seem to understand that some people actually are very unlucky in life and they do need extra help to progress in life. They seem to think that all immigrants just take advantage of the welfare system, while many do, you cant generalize. I need a couple of more words.

• Liberalism is better, not because conservatism is an inferior ideology, but because liberalism has led and will continue to change the world for the better.

Conservatism as an ideology is justified in certain situations; I can see the desire for stability and a set of values that are unchangeable. However, the only true constants are those of physics and mathematics. Conservatives themselves "bend" their own values quite a lot. George W. Bush, a Christian, abides by the Bible, and therefore the Ten Commandments, one of the principal tenets of which is "thou shalt not kill." Interesting for a man who started two wars, killing millions indirectly. I am well aware that liberals have started wars as well; that is beside the point. The point is that customs and ideals ARE social constructs. One of the opposing arguments states that one of the "ancient ideals" is the institution of marriage (I assume this refers to heterosexual marriage). Yet liberty is another one of these ideals. So what happens when two supposedly unchangeable ideas conflict? Say, the liberty to marry whoever one wants to, which is in accordance with liberty but not traditional marriage?
    What about slavery? Considered acceptable to many in the early days of the United States, an argument was used against abolition: the false "curse of Ham." This is yet another Biblical "proof" for the inferiority of a group, in this case, Afro-americans. The more liberal of the two parties at that time was the Republican Party, and had they not abolished slavery, the black community in America would be even more disadvantaged than they already are.
    I am not passing judgement on the individuals who are believers in conservatism. I know many conservatives personally. I am not saying everything left is good. Look at Cuba. But liberalism, I believe, is the best way forward into the future, and that's where I want to be.

• Left wing is better.

Liberal, left wing views are better because they focus on the needs of all people and strive to make the country equal in every aspect. While conservatives and right ringed people do everything with only themselves in mind, and do not strive for equality between races, sex, and many other things. Another important difference that makes Left winged views better is that it leaves religious based decisions out and focuses on the greater good rather than one religion (freedom of religion is a country amendment, politics shouldn't try to push one religion on to everyone).

• My Day as a Liberal.

After numerous debates with people on different “hot issues;” many of which have been around for decades, I decided to spend a day looking at life through the eyes of a Liberal American. Walk a mile in their shoes per se. Here is my story:
    The very first thing I felt was this huge understanding for the “less fortunate.” Why do I deserve the job I have? I mean, I went to college and spent years working up in my company; but why do I deserve this job more than an uneducated minority? Hiring shouldn’t be based on ability or education, race should be considered first. We should also all invest our money into minority programs to help pay for college and job training; because it isn’t like the ten minute process it took me to get student loans is enough.
    This thought lead to me realizing how much extra money I have laying around the house. Seriously, I shouldn’t be saving this for my family when there are so many people out there that don’t want to work. We should all share our wealth, no one should be allowed advance themselves when there are people that won’t. It’s not like we should expect people to become self-reliant. Forget personal responsibility, social responsibility is where it’s at!
    Speaking of social responsibility; it is so hard to legally immigrate in the U.S. these days! We should welcome anyone with open arms, whether they sneak here or go through the simple and legal process we should be providing them with homes, jobs, and healthcare. We don’t need to focus on the people that are already here when there are so many foreigners in need. Joe doesn’t need that job as much as Jose!

• This is a no brainer, Which is surprising those on the left still don't get it.

Half the left arguments, Slavery, Racism, Facists, Among other things ironically started and were carried on for generations by the left. It's not about being nice or not, Plenty on the right are "nice" before the leftists throw labels on them, But about responsibility. Something the lefts are great at shirking. There are plenty of opportunities out there to make things better for oneself, You just can't complain and need to work hard. No, Things aren't always fair, Sorry, It doesn't mean it is everyones responsibility to make your life better. There are so many things wrong with left ideology that a 200 page message wouldn't be enough to even scratch the surface. Time for some pride in ownership, Some responsibility, So drop the holier than thou attitude and actually make something of your self, Its not up to me to do it for you.

• The right is right

The right is right because they care about results and if it does good. The left cares it feels good and while they say they are going for equality their policys show the opposite. The left also throws out meaningless insults like calling those who argue against them racist when it is the left who are the racists. Take the fact that the left are the ones who promote Afermitive Action which makes it so standards for blacks in things like college standards are lowered for blacks. Then they create racial segregation like all Black dormitories and black graduations. The right judges people as individuals while the left treats people as groups. Capitalism is the only way to lift people out of poverty and anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

• Right wing are logical

The right wing support facts and don't try to make rules for the feelings of others, Because they know it is not going to work. This is only one example of them (us) being more logical. We believe immigration should be done legally, And not just let everyone in. We also believe that logic, Facts and thought should go into decisions, Unlike the left-wing

• Right wing supports facts

I used to believe in the liberal agendas, and I used to be supportive towards the democrats. Now, that I've grown up and seen how the government is run and understand how to make a fair political stand that is meant to help all people; I had to change aisles and go to the right. The biggest political argument right now is country borders. I believe you need them to not only physically stay as a state instead of blank space of unconquered ground. However, towards the more economical and personal level, protecting our borders helps us keep dangerous people out of the country and allow a more stable economy within the state. I don't believe that immigrants should not come here - we are the greatest nation be alive in - and we should welcome people to come in. Immigration has been positive for a while up until now. We allow people to stay if they're not in trouble within other countries and are coming here to do nothing bad. That's all it should take, now when we can allow more immigrants we should allow more and make it more lenient, but when we're in a depression, I believe that we should keep to ourselves so the country can heal and not bring more people that are suffering. Two negative people do not make a positive. Another thing is I want perfect equality for all races and believe that affirmative action is not only a waste of money in most cases, but puts a positive racist stand on some topics, I think that it can benefit in a slight amount of cases, but overall is just creating a negative affect on society.
    I think we would benefit on just using numbers; if you're top 10% percent of your school you should be held to the same regard as your peers no matter if you're a different race. Speaking on a personal note; I have been very good throughout my public school system top 5% in my district, a not too good 29 on ACT, and great grades through my AP and special engineering STEM courses. My family was given a total FAFSA expected payment for school of 250 dollars. My friend who is a FEMALE and got a 25,000 FAFSA expected cost got more money from the government and school even though I had done better in every other aspect I still have to pay more then she has to. I think that is unfair and is oppressing other genders and suppresses other races.

Now looking through a media outlet a lot of what left media comes out with seems more propaganda with choosing specific photos and snippets of quotes to push you to believe one thing. Right media seems to show all the evidence, usually a longer clip and then give an opinionated piece of what they're beliefs are and what type bills and ideas can be done to solve whatever the clip was talking about.

• Left wing is more violent

Through out the history, left wing government is less tolerant and violent to people not agreed with them. Even in the west country, left wing demonstrations are also more tend to violent. They are not reasoning while arguing with people but simply using the labels to those not agreed with them.

• Right wing is better

The right just so happens to be right on just about everything. They are right about abortion, the economy, the US constitution and they have the facts. They know that BLM and feminism is actual trash and they should be dismantled as soon as humanly possible. THE RIGHT IS RIGHT

• Faults of the extreme right are obvious, but the faults of the extreme left are more insidious

I agree with most of the criticisms against the extreme right: racism, guns, military, climate change denial, etc. However, more and more I have become disenchanted with the moral posturing of the left, and their unwillingness (inability?) to back up their positions with facts and clear argument on many social issues.

• Logic verses Emotion

The left uses emotion rather then logic to make decisions, and in that the left make rash decisions more often rather than waiting and making decisions based on fact and data for the decision. Religion is biased and will be pushed on other people inevitably by other people. However waiting for data and making thorough, informed decisions have nothing to do with religion.

• I believe the right is more understanding than the left

Both sides of the argument are either the left or right, both parties have corruption, fraud, tax breaks, and bureaucracy which I am against. Even though I am a Libertarian, if I had to choose a side, I'd go with the right as the right supports The Second Amendment, Freedom of Speech, and Freedom of Religion. Instead of being criticized by only the left for having a different opinion. If you disagree please tell me why.

>