• Why One Direction is the worst (boy)band ever.

The only reason Directioners listen to them is because they look good. And then they respond saying that they listen to their faces and what not. So why do Directioners make fun of Freddie Mercury? He's a million times better than them and I listen to him for his music. Also, their songs are stupid and cater to teenage girls. Their songs sound the same. They don't care if it means something, just as long as it sounds catchy. Their songs have 0 creativity and they rip off other artists. Their fame came to them way easily whereas there are better artists who are not yet famous, but they are working hard to get fame.

• They do things they shouldn't.

Smoking and alcohol is terrible no matter what. Any smoking can ruin your voice. I think they are talented, just their lyrics are so bad sometimes. They are rude to other celebrities which isn't okay. They seem full of themselves. Also, they don't write their own songs. What real band/group wouldn't? And last but not least, their fans threaten you if you say anything they dont like. A lotta fans only ever talk about their looks but they need some meat.. I honestly don't wanna be told to kill myself because of what I do and don't like.

• Where to begin...

The first time I heard about one direction was from a girl at VBS that was absolutely obsessed with them and said the "directioners" (like the other person said, more accurately the directionless) would get to me and do really bad stuff to me just because I hadn't even heard of them. I don't know about you, but it sure doesn't make a good first impression about the band when somebody obsessed with them says they're going to cut your head off. Christian music fans are actually nice. I also know a bunch of other girls who love them and think they're sexy, which is SO not appropriate, and they don't look any good in my opinion. What I've listened to of their music is absolutely completely boring (once again, just my opinion). Why does all their music have to be about boyfriends and girlfriends and kissing etc.? Why can't girls (especially the ones too young for boyfriends) stop thinking about being loved and wanted by some hot teenage boy and start thinking more about God's love? Why can't girls be into Christian bands/singers like TobyMac (love you Toby!!!), Matthew West, Capital Kings, Britt Nicole, Mandisa, Jamie Grace, Group 1 Crew, For King & Country, Brandon Heath, Chris Tomlin, One Girl Nation, etc. who set great examples of living for God instead of boy bands like one direction who act like 2-year-olds and set horrible examples for kids? Another thing about one direction (aka. No direction) is that they take down stuff on YouTube relating to them. I heard about something on YouTube titled "Kids React to one direction" that they took down. Also, I'm just tired of hearing about them. I can't walk through WalMart once without seeing one direction merchandise. It's pitiful, what people are into these days.

• There are so many reasons sometimes.

I can understand why a lot of girls of my age 'love' One Direction. Their managers try their best to make them 'the best group ever'. But they aren't in my opinion, and they will never be. Once when I was thirteen I was a fan of them a so called Directioner. I spended a lot of time on Twitter and watched loads of videos of them on YouTube. I read fanfics and I even wrote them by myself. One Direction were popular and if you loved them you were of course popular too. Then sad things happened in my life. Their music couldn't help me and their 'jokes' couldn't it too. I reminded myself of a guy which music I loved when I was an unpopular child from about eleven years old. His music made me smile again. So I became a fan of both of them. Slowly I saw the differences between them. The guy named Alexander can play violin, guitar, piano and has a diploma as violinist with the grade A. One Direction are with five and one of them can really play an instrument, the others can't, they only do something on it and that's not playing.
    Alexander made all his songs, lyrics and music by himself, in English, it isn't even his mother-tongue. And One Direction have songwriters. Sometimes they co-write a song, but you can't write one song with about ten people.
    Alexander doesn't smoke, drink and doesn't have tattoos. All members of 1D drink, four of them have (a lot of) tattoos and one smokes.
    Concert tickets for a concert of Alexander aren't really expensive, while the concert tickets for a concert of 1D in my country was about more than 100 euros.
    Alexander tries too help young kids and teens who are in the music industry and arranged performances for child orchestras and One Direction has never did anything of this.
    Alexander speaks four languages fluently (that's not that you know some words, but you can speak whole sentences). One of the One Direction boys speaks a bit French, the other a bit Spanish, one Arabic, but than they speak only English.
    One Direction are alone in countries where the people are rich and they can buy merchandise and other expensive stuff, countries like Australia, Japan, France, Belgium etc. While our Alexander is also in Ukraine, Belarus, Lithuania, Latvia because he likes the people.
    That are a few reasons why I left this fandom.

• One direction is the worst band ever

Their songs say the same things ,their boring and the only reasons that teen girls listen to them is because they are pretty . Their songs are so boring . When I listen to them I'm ready to sleep .
    I thing 1D steals songs and ideas from other bands and nobody knows that because nobody undrestand it .

• 1D are bad

Have you heard/seen them? Bad role models, crap songs, no talent, can't sing, famous for looks, ruin good songs and their fan base is just plain cruel. Need i say more? If they were older and did not fit this whole 'good looking' statement then no-one would batter an eye (or ear) at their music.

• The end argument of this over produced faeces

One direction are talentless boy band who really do not understand the concept of good music .They are just a bunch of over produced people who did not work hard in school and found the X factor as their final net for protection as they failed in their education if the Irish boy in the group is aware of this as well as the bald boy by the name of Liam then it is quite clear be you directioner fan who is oblivious to this or a person who is waiting for this faze to end.They auditioned by one and not as a boy band.Simon Cowell so this as a great opportunity as Big time rush were getting old and their fan base decreased.Teenage American girls were getting tired of their American boy bands and Simon brought back the old trick of bringing young English fellas to the USA so this card is playing as you young girls are getting hypnotised by their plastic looks who are applied with many layers of makeup to make them selves seem mildly attractive to you young brain washed girls as this will happen over and over again . One direction will one day fail zayn is getting married and the rest of the group will follow .They are not even good role models they curse in their social media accounts. (Back to the point) . One direction will fail and a new boy band will emerge and you will forget about one direction. Small tip DIRECTIONERS : enjoy the ride as it lasted . Zayn , Louis , Liam, Niall and Harry know they will come to an end . Most likely by the end of 2015 or late 2014.

• Where do I begin to list their faults?

Firstly, they have one of the rudest fanbases that I have ever seen. The 'directioners'(more accurately the directionless) think they are so superior to everyone else on this planet. You see young kids swearing at others simply because they do not share the same music tastes an even fellow one direction listeners are rude to each other for not memorising the bands entire life story. Most of them refuse to see the flaws in the band and are so closed minded when it comes to music.
    Also the band cannot write their own songs instead turning to overly rich songwriters to write their music for them which results in cheesy lyrics. Plus they CANNOT do covers and ruin any song that they want to copy which I think is a real shame because now the songs they cover are only famous for the one direction version and not the original. Finally one direction are only famous because of their looks and because Simon cowbell is behind them. They have no originality and their music is all the same and sometimes even copying other songs (the who's baba o Riley being one example in the best song ever. Ugh. What a crappy title for a song.) I think the directionless need to wake up and see them for who they really are, copycats and just hormonal teenagers who struck lucky on the x-factor.

• They aren't bad people they just shouldn't be in the music business.

Honestly they can't even come up with original beats like how in one song the ripped off "Summer Nights" which is in the movie Grease. Also, their music is so commercial it isn't funny they are aimed at getting the young girls who honestly don't have much knowledge about what good music is. They are kind of like the Backstreet Boys except worse. The only reason girls like them is because they are hot and this hotness cause them to become blind to the fact that their music is absolutely horrible. There are so many better bands then them that are actually original.

• They don't play the instruments

They get other musicians to play 'their' song while they just sing. Pink Floyd, Beatles, AC/DC and such actually played the instruments and singed at the same time. THEY ARE NOT EVEN A BAND! Their a group that is to damn lazy to learn to play instruments. -.- like seriously

• Du er dum

De er bedre end dig dit fede svin. Du har ikke ret til at skrive sådan noget lort. Du er bare jaloux på drengene, Fordi de er pænere end dig. Louis Tomlinson er den allerbedste sangskriver i hele verden, Så du skal bare holde dine dårlige meninger for dig selv. Hvor er du klam.

• What the f**k

Um. No one is worse than kaachi, Thank you very much. I wouldn't compare them to the beatles, But they're okay. It's 2020, They disbanded, So they aren't even a band anymore. Their solo songs are pretty good, But as a band, I heard they didn't like each other. They have a pretty big fanbase and let's be honest, All fandoms have toxic people. Just because you don't like a song, Doesn't mean it's bad. I do not "stan" them nor do i hate them. From an outside source, Unbiased of any groups, Their voices are decent and songs have good message.

• To all those saying One Direction is the worst band: STOP f***ing JUDGING THEM.

Yes, They're not the greatest. But that doesn't mean you should be rude about it. All of you are saying things like, "One Direction is rude to other celebrities, " but have you actually seen it with your own eyes? NO. Actually, I think you're the one being rude here. It's not like they've been rude to you before.
    And then there are those people that say their fan base is rude. Reality check: they are not responsible for the actions of their fan base. Use your heads for once, Would you?
    So what if you think their songs are bad? Just don't listen to them! You don't need to go out of the way to rant about how terrible a band they are. Jeez people, Just f***ing get over yourselves

• They are extremely nice people, You just have to know their inner selves.

Many people see them as rude boys, But they really aren't. They care deeply about their fans and their well being. Sure they swear, Don't we all? They're simply teenagers going through the process of growing up. Let them live. Let them be young. They learn from their flaws and make better choices. I'll be honest, Their first 2 albums may have been some fantasy love song, But they were just kids who had just come into the music industry. Their nest 3 albums sound and are much better. These songs have a deeper meaning, And mean things to the boys. People should stop judging others for wearing tattoos and drinking. They're normal human beings. They want to have fun too. I used to be one of those people who would despise tattooed artists or anyone in general. If you look past the tattoos, You'll learn and see that they really have good hearts and care about each other and us very deeply. Sure sometimes people make mistakes, And so did they, But they live and learn from them. Please look at One Direction in a different way, Instead of simply being a target for teen girls. The boys truly are something special. Every single one of them

• Stop this hating!

I do understand that everybody is completely entitled to their own opinions, But PLEASE don't bash or hate on them! They started out their career as just teenagers, Which blows people's minds. You have the rights to dislike them but it is wrong to say that they are 'worst band of the year'. Have you even heARD their vocals? They may not have a perfect voice especially in their teenage years, But look at them now! Please appreciate them! They don't deserve all this hate!

• ID are bad? Pfft

If One Direction is bad then why are they so popular? And don't give me that crap about how people only like them because of their looks because NO! They all passed their auditions in the X Factor with SIMON AS THE JUDGE and you all very well KNOW how critical he is. And DON'T SAY that Simon Cowell support them blindly because he doesn't! Go watch their auditions and you'll see how much censure they've got. They might not be the best singers in the world but they are all charismatic and even the judges said so! They've gone a long way from making their debut and while they've gone on hiatus for quite a while, Don't go labeling them the worst band of the year just because of that. Appreciate their songs from years before.
    I don't want to start a war or try to trigger anybody, But PLEASE DON'T make irrelevant statements, Like the statements I've read on their bad public behaviour. That might be true, Might be not, But don't talk about that when we're talking about their music here!
    And lastly, I just want to say, Don't go trashing on them like that. You might not like their music for reasons but don't go discouraging people from listening to them just because of YOUR OWN OPINIONS! Don't make their decisions for them; let them make up their own mind on whether they like One Direction or not. And that goes for everything! Don't go badmouthing about them to your friends and SHUT YOUR FREAKING MOUTH if you can't think of anything logical to say. Thank you.

• 1d are not bad

The reason why they are not bad because they have created loads of good songs like the best song ever and what makes you beautiful are really awsome and even though they have split up they are still grate and i listen to there songs. I love harry styles the most because of his new song its is amazing.

• Their music is really good.

It's really rude to put your own opinion on someone else's because I loved their music. I didn't like one direction in the beginning, In fact, I was one of the people who made fun of them. Then one of their songs came on the radio and I really loved it, But when I found out who they were I was surprised. I didn't find them cute until like a year after I played almost every one of their songs, I say almost because I don't like all of their music. So no, One direction is not the worst band ever, Because even five years later I still listen to their music.

• No they gud

They're losers.
    By coming third in The X Factor, the 5-some proved that losing isn't always the end of the world and in some cases, it can even be the very making of you. Thanks 1D, for reminding losers everywhere that there's hope.
    And they're gracious with it too. Remember when Matt Cardle won The X Factor and the boys congratulated him earnestly (take note Kanye) and Harry then whispered cheekily in his ear about the erm, 'chicks', he could expect to pull (YouTube it). So nice. So dreamy.

3) There's something for everyone. Find yourself going gaga for foppish-haired dimpled types? Harry's your man. Prefer the slicker, chiselled-cheekbones of a model sort? You'll like Zayn. More into baby-faced blondes? Niall ticks that box. And like a delicious tin of Quality Streets, you'll never run out of options to drool over.

4) They're successful.
    5) We could definitely borrow their clothes. Chunky cable-knit scarves? Tick. Oversize hoodies? Tick. Onesies? Tick. So in the event that we were to stay over at 1D Mansions (squeal!) then it's super handy that we could just throw on their clothes instead of doing the dreaded 'walk of shame' in our minidress, right?

6) They know how to have a laugh. From groping eachother's privates in public to wearing fake moustaches and goofy dancing, those boys know how to let their hair down. And there's nothing sexier than a hot man with a sense of humour, is there?

7) They love their fans. OMG they reeeeally love their fans. They're constantly thanking them, always tweeting them and love stopping for photographs and pulling cheesy faces with them. And boy, do the fans love 'em back.

SEE THE BEST CELEB TWIT PICS

8) They can actually sing. Because let's face it, not all boybands can.

9) Their legacy will live forever. Possibly in the form of little pop babies. Because Zayn Malik is dating Little Mix's Perrie Edwards, which means that there's a good chance there could be a 'One Mix' or a 'Little Direction' baby born at some point in the future maybe. Pleaseneverbreakupguys.

10) They keep it real. Just the other day Liam Payne ate a Choc Dip for breakfast. And then Harry Styles tweeted about it. See? Just like us.

• Stop comparing 1D with other bands and artist

The Beatles are for 80's or so and 1D is the most famous boy band of our generation I think the Beatles won't be known by our next generation. And unlike any other bands 1D has 6 genius world records. 1D is good in their own way just stop comparing them

skymnesynymone909 says2021-05-13T07:02:27.060
To begin with, One Direction is generic and way too bland. In comparison with boy bands from different decades, One Direction does not have the vocal superiority of Jackson 5, The Beach Boys, The Osmonds, The Backstreet Boys, Jodeci, New Edition, NSYNC and most of all of Boyz II Men. Even second tier boy bands LFO, O-Town, 98 Degrees and BBMak have their own distinctive sounds as groups. Most of all they don’t have the powerful dance moves of NSYNC, NKOTB and even with their contemporaries Mindless Behavior, The Wanted, Why Don’t We and CNCO. Their British predecessors, Take That, Five, A1, East 17, Another Level, 911 and Blue are way more talented from singing, To dancing, Songwriting and rapping. Most of all, It is an insult to compare themselves with The Beatles. The songwriting tandem of John Lennon and Paul McCartney remains one of the most unparalleled in music history. Their songs are appreciated across generations and have withstood the test of time. For Harry Styles to compare his group with the Beatles, As being a pop group met with massive hysteria from the girls in the US is superficial. At the end of it there has to be substance with what they do. One Direction will never measure to the Sir Paul McCartney and John Lennon as songwriting geniuses.
Furthermore, South Korea’s Hallyu wave that has unleashed BTS, EXO, Big Bang which by far are also superior to One Direction. It is because many Korean idol groups spend years of training before they make their debut which means the preparations are rigid to make sure they will make their mark in the music industry. The problem with One Direction is they were a hastily formed boy band. They were originally five individual contestants in X-Factor back in 2010. They didn’t originally participated as a group so there was no intense preparation and systematized training. Many of their songs are plagiarized. Take for instance Def Leppard’s Pour Some Sugar on Me to One Direction’s Midnight Memories. They also took samples from the works of music giants like Journey, The Clash, And New Found Glory to name a few. This has been talked about by many who have seen the obvious similarities. Sure, Artists would sample the works of others but in One Direction’s case, This is too much.
But if there’s one more thing worst about One Direction is their fan base. Many Directioners are toxic, Rude and are psychos. Even with the “disbandment” of One Direction, They continue to go around saying the same thing that One Direction is the best group ever. In a video from Youtube called Evolution of Boy Bands 1963 to 2018, Directioners toxify the comment section. They don’t know how to sit back and listen. One fan said that she skipped the other boy bands in the video and went straight to look only to One Direction without sifting through the different groups that came before and after them. This gives them a zero to very limited knowledge of music.