• They are just pretty and this is why people loves them

I think that they're ugly but my riend thinks that they're beautifull and she is saying that theyre not boysband becouse they play on guitar. I think that their music is awfull. I really don't like when my friend say thay "larry is real" and i think this is stupid becouse she don't have any proffs for that

• They are so dumb

I hate them so much because my friend is crazy about their looks predominantly and she won’t stop sending 1D GIFs in the chat. Like. . . I could care less about Harry Styles and Kendall Jenner posing on Instagram. I also can careless about Gigi Hadid and Zayn getting pregnant. My friend is so annoying about them. So when I listen to 1D, I go in with bias and hate it. Seriously nice people but not made for the music biz. Like half their fan base is teenage girls who wish Harry Styles was single, And the rest like Louis!

• It is just crap

It was popular 10 yrs ago because it is end of okay it just is like it is actually just so overrated i actually can’t believe it like everyone who still listens to one d needs to get over them selves immediately. Like they’re just crap, End of. Boom shakalaka

• Just bc they are.

Itsg these kids, Niall called his fans a shower of cunts and niall and harry hired women for their bdays. For lap dances 💀💀💀 zayn just left unexpectedly. Their fans are attacking ppl saying that one direction is still the best band ever and spreading rumors abt other bands to make 1d seem really good yk.

• There terrible bob

B b b b b b b. V. C c. D d. D e. R r r. D r r. D r r. R r remember r r r. R r e. End r. D r f. F f f. C d d d. D d. D d d. D

• Cruel people with an equally cruel fanbase.

There was a 1D fan who had cancer and not long to live. . . She reached out to them bc she wanted to meet them, But they turned her down bc they wouldn't get paid. They've also spit on their fans before on purpose. A lot of their music was copied from other artists and they hardly wrote any of their own music.

• Hell yeah, They are!

YES, THEY ARE! If you like them, It's the same as if you are telling people that Stalin is the nicest man in the world. Jazz music, And bands such as The Jimi Hendrix Experience, The Beatles, Nirvana, And more are better than them. SO SHUT UP, 9 YEARS OLD FANGIRLS!

• F*** one direction

They are so horrible,and the fanbase is so annoying.Besides,the only reason they sing is because they got together as a group on x factor.Otherwise,they wouldn't sing.I just don't get why there so liked.It's all about one direction.What about taylor swift?How about justin beiver?It's not fair,they are so f***** anoying.I hate them

• The one reason !

They are not a band , all they do is entertain. They don't make their own songs and they don't play instruments! If your going to be a band at least make your own stuff! I know to some people they sound good , but all they do is sing and dance!!9 year old girl.

• Yes they are

I think that they just sing froth and bubble to be honest. Tweens and teens need to get into some decent music like Twenty One Pilots etc. Twenty One Pilots for example, sing about things that everyone can relate to and don't just target teens-they target everyone. TOP also encourages everyone to stay alive, because it's worth it. I wouldn't want to tell my kids one day that " I loved this British band/group that couldn't really....Sing...And just sang about how...Pretty I was....?' I'd be pretty embarrassed tbh.....

• Get over yourself.

Some people are saying they're only liked for their looks.
    Totally. I bought albums, t-shirts, bracelets, magazines just for people to know I like their face okay. Got me on that one. (Oh and their looks are just the best singers I've ever heard.)
    Others are saying we have a rude fanbase.
    I really cannot say we don't. Because yes, we have some few over dramatic people. But 99% of the time they calm down, and chill out. The other 1% is they leave the fandom. Now I want you to tell me a fandom that doesn't have a tiny group of people in the fandom who you're ashamed of. And if you give me your fanbase there is a 99% of a chance you are in the tiny group. Because every fandom, and every band has one flaw.
    And others are comparing them to the Beatles.
    Really? You are saying, and I quote, "The Beatles, the best band of all time, I don't care if One Failrection is more famous than The Beatles, they are and will be better than 1D. The Beatles were, are, and still will be famous. 1D will just dissapear. 1D is the worst band of all time, and the Beatles are the best. Long live Beatles!" One I'm gonna give you a slow clap for the genius of One Failrection. You're so original. Two, there is this thing called opinion. Yeah, everyone has one. You may think the Beatles are the best creation on Earth. But hey, this person the same age as you might like One Direction. Then you will go and cut their head off saying the "One Failrection" should just disappear. And, you didn't even spell disappear right. Read the title, and stop being a hypocrite.

Oh, and yes they can't dance. Everyone knows that and they embrace the fact they can't dance.

Get over yourselves.

• No they are NOT

If they are the worst band, why would they have so much fans? And remember that all their fans aren't stupid, they know how to choose a favourite band.
    If you don't like One Direction, so what? Don't say anything bad about it, just ignore it. Don't judge them, besides you don't even know them in REAL LIFE. Don't 100% trust the medias.

• They are not "The worst band of the year"

To support the topic with yes, you are saying One Direction are the worst band of this year....Seriously? They defiantly may not be the best but they aren't the "worst"

Yes One Direction are supposedly glorified for their looks but people just take that as the only reason and don't evaluate them fully. They are talented. Why would several million girls be buying and listening to their music if they were "only attractive". If they were that bad then they would not be played on the radio at all, let alone countless times.

They do write and co write a majority of their songs so how dare people say they don't. Read the fine print.

They may have gotten forced together in a band but a band has to start some where. If they didn't enjoy being together in a band they would've spilt and gone their separate ways. They are all close and even spend time together out of the working days.

They are passionate about what they do and they have people who love what they do. That's all that should count. Why should we rank bands?

• One direction is the best boy band

Their songs are great and you should listen to them.They have the biggest fan base in the world right now. If you don't like them, you should not be here. They gained more popularity quicker than the beatles. They might even come to an end soon but im fine with that. Leave 1d alone with your horrible comments

• No to me

So what if they cater t o teenage girls? Someone has to. And so what if they're songs are catchy and poppy, not every song has to be life altering to be considered music. Music is music. People only hate because they're famous and got lucky. They donate to charity constantly and they make teens happy so that's good enough

• How can you judge music?

No one likes the same music as everyone else. The lads are making music they enjoy and their fans enjoy their style as well. It should only be about the music and you shouldn't ever judge based on your taste. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. If you do, keep supporting our boys.

• One direction is not the worst band of the year.

One direction is not the worst band of the year. This is their talent and they decided to pursue it as a career. I think they have made it very far in the entertainment industry and I hope that they continue to find success in their field. So far, I am liking their music.

• They Are Good ok

Okay so basically they are not the worst for they have not done anything so terrible. None of their music contains any profanity for the most part. They actually can sing opposed to 98% of people on the radio and they are not trashing rooms or spitting on people they are not that rude. Some of you need to realize that their vibe in music isn't always their choice, management has a large part in the making of their image. So for the most part they are not some NSYNC or Backstreet Boys corny boy band. Why? Well they have their own individual styles, no choreographed dances, no matching outfits, nada they just have a good time.

• They aren't bad people.

Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they are the worst band of the year. They try their hardest to be good people and please everyone, like their trip to Africa to help the kids in the hospital, or their support to the Red Nose Day. All of them try to help out by being good people. Like them or not, they are not the worst band of the year

• They can't be worst band if they're not even a band.

A boy band is different from a band because they don't play instruments and there is no lead singer. If they're not even a band, they can't be the worst band. And if you're one of those people who say it's the same thing, than I hope you're not forgetting Big Time Rush.

skymnesynymone909 says2021-05-13T07:02:27.060
To begin with, One Direction is generic and way too bland. In comparison with boy bands from different decades, One Direction does not have the vocal superiority of Jackson 5, The Beach Boys, The Osmonds, The Backstreet Boys, Jodeci, New Edition, NSYNC and most of all of Boyz II Men. Even second tier boy bands LFO, O-Town, 98 Degrees and BBMak have their own distinctive sounds as groups. Most of all they don’t have the powerful dance moves of NSYNC, NKOTB and even with their contemporaries Mindless Behavior, The Wanted, Why Don’t We and CNCO. Their British predecessors, Take That, Five, A1, East 17, Another Level, 911 and Blue are way more talented from singing, To dancing, Songwriting and rapping. Most of all, It is an insult to compare themselves with The Beatles. The songwriting tandem of John Lennon and Paul McCartney remains one of the most unparalleled in music history. Their songs are appreciated across generations and have withstood the test of time. For Harry Styles to compare his group with the Beatles, As being a pop group met with massive hysteria from the girls in the US is superficial. At the end of it there has to be substance with what they do. One Direction will never measure to the Sir Paul McCartney and John Lennon as songwriting geniuses.
Furthermore, South Korea’s Hallyu wave that has unleashed BTS, EXO, Big Bang which by far are also superior to One Direction. It is because many Korean idol groups spend years of training before they make their debut which means the preparations are rigid to make sure they will make their mark in the music industry. The problem with One Direction is they were a hastily formed boy band. They were originally five individual contestants in X-Factor back in 2010. They didn’t originally participated as a group so there was no intense preparation and systematized training. Many of their songs are plagiarized. Take for instance Def Leppard’s Pour Some Sugar on Me to One Direction’s Midnight Memories. They also took samples from the works of music giants like Journey, The Clash, And New Found Glory to name a few. This has been talked about by many who have seen the obvious similarities. Sure, Artists would sample the works of others but in One Direction’s case, This is too much.
But if there’s one more thing worst about One Direction is their fan base. Many Directioners are toxic, Rude and are psychos. Even with the “disbandment” of One Direction, They continue to go around saying the same thing that One Direction is the best group ever. In a video from Youtube called Evolution of Boy Bands 1963 to 2018, Directioners toxify the comment section. They don’t know how to sit back and listen. One fan said that she skipped the other boy bands in the video and went straight to look only to One Direction without sifting through the different groups that came before and after them. This gives them a zero to very limited knowledge of music.