• The end argument of this over produced faeces

One direction are talentless boy band who really do not understand the concept of good music .They are just a bunch of over produced people who did not work hard in school and found the X factor as their final net for protection as they failed in their education if the Irish boy in the group is aware of this as well as the bald boy by the name of Liam then it is quite clear be you directioner fan who is oblivious to this or a person who is waiting for this faze to end.They auditioned by one and not as a boy band.Simon Cowell so this as a great opportunity as Big time rush were getting old and their fan base decreased.Teenage American girls were getting tired of their American boy bands and Simon brought back the old trick of bringing young English fellas to the USA so this card is playing as you young girls are getting hypnotised by their plastic looks who are applied with many layers of makeup to make them selves seem mildly attractive to you young brain washed girls as this will happen over and over again . One direction will one day fail zayn is getting married and the rest of the group will follow .They are not even good role models they curse in their social media accounts. (Back to the point) . One direction will fail and a new boy band will emerge and you will forget about one direction. Small tip DIRECTIONERS : enjoy the ride as it lasted . Zayn , Louis , Liam, Niall and Harry know they will come to an end . Most likely by the end of 2015 or late 2014.

• Where do I begin to list their faults?

Firstly, they have one of the rudest fanbases that I have ever seen. The 'directioners'(more accurately the directionless) think they are so superior to everyone else on this planet. You see young kids swearing at others simply because they do not share the same music tastes an even fellow one direction listeners are rude to each other for not memorising the bands entire life story. Most of them refuse to see the flaws in the band and are so closed minded when it comes to music.
    Also the band cannot write their own songs instead turning to overly rich songwriters to write their music for them which results in cheesy lyrics. Plus they CANNOT do covers and ruin any song that they want to copy which I think is a real shame because now the songs they cover are only famous for the one direction version and not the original. Finally one direction are only famous because of their looks and because Simon cowbell is behind them. They have no originality and their music is all the same and sometimes even copying other songs (the who's baba o Riley being one example in the best song ever. Ugh. What a crappy title for a song.) I think the directionless need to wake up and see them for who they really are, copycats and just hormonal teenagers who struck lucky on the x-factor.

• They aren't bad people they just shouldn't be in the music business.

Honestly they can't even come up with original beats like how in one song the ripped off "Summer Nights" which is in the movie Grease. Also, their music is so commercial it isn't funny they are aimed at getting the young girls who honestly don't have much knowledge about what good music is. They are kind of like the Backstreet Boys except worse. The only reason girls like them is because they are hot and this hotness cause them to become blind to the fact that their music is absolutely horrible. There are so many better bands then them that are actually original.

• They don't play the instruments

They get other musicians to play 'their' song while they just sing. Pink Floyd, Beatles, AC/DC and such actually played the instruments and singed at the same time. THEY ARE NOT EVEN A BAND! Their a group that is to damn lazy to learn to play instruments. -.- like seriously

• Mainstream Singing-Competition-Made Band

They have basically brainwashed little girls into the media. They will never(probably) be iconic like the Beatles, green day, maroon 5, Coldplay or Queen. They have too much merchandise. I found one direction underwear(seriously?). They have made elementary school girls too boy-crazy. Their lyrics aren't deep they're just catchy. Freddie Mercury and John Lennon wrote MEANINGFUL and catchy lyrics. They don't even play any instruments. The only thing you hear are their annoying voices. They are way too mainstream(thank you x factor)... The "Directioner" thing scares me. A decade (or two) from now they wont even be relevant.

• They do not sing from their hearts enough

When i hear them i do not feel they mean the words and one of the most important things about a band is whether or not they can really show they care about what they sing. When you get bands like the script who have been through everything and spent such a great ammount of time taking rage and putting it on a page and working their whole lives to get where they want to be it makes you think what have bandsa like one direction done to deserve all this praise and fame. Most of their fans are young girls who will not relate to the music who just like the boys for their 'good looks', im not saying i dont think they are good singers i think they are quite taleneted but you cannot compare them to bands like the beatles who put across messages in their songs so powerful that they changed the world.

Posted by: r.j
  • I hate one direction

They can't sing, can't dance, they can't be original. To me they are so ugly. I dont understand how so many girls are obsessed with them. Their fans are the worst. If someone says they dont like them their fans say for them to die or get cancer. I hate 1d

• Bad Music, Disrespectful Fanbase

Everyone has their own opinion, but this is mine. One Direction is simply not my taste in music. Here's why: they can't write their own songs, their lyrics have no meaning, they were a "band" manufactured for money, they don't play any instruments (at least not for their band), their songs are specifically manufactured to make every tween girl cry over them, and a few of them can't even song that well. Yes, some of them definitely have talent, but most of them aren't even close. Also, their fanbase is horribly rude and disrespectful. Alex Gaskarth, lead singer of the pop-punk band All Time Low, expressed his opinion on a song by One Direction over twitter, saying he did not like the song. After this, crazed One Direction fans sent him hate for hours on end, and still continuing, saying that he should "kill himself like his brother did because he's an emo fag." His brother committed suicide when Alex was very young. It's still a hard topic for him. Just go listen to All Time Low's song "Lullabies" and you'll find out quickly. They have also said that Alex was the reason his brother killed himself. I don't listen to the band Suicide Silence, but I have heard about Mitch Lucker passing away and all the horrible things One Direction fans said about him, like "he deserved to die" or, even worse, telling his five-year-old daughter to kill herself because "her dad was an emo fag." This just sickens me to the core, and I know most 1D fans aren't like that, but I have had Directioners tell me to "go get cancer." I can never look at that fanbase the same way again.

• Where to begin...

The first time I heard about one direction was from a girl at VBS that was absolutely obsessed with them and said the "directioners" (like the other person said, more accurately the directionless) would get to me and do really bad stuff to me just because I hadn't even heard of them. I don't know about you, but it sure doesn't make a good first impression about the band when somebody obsessed with them says they're going to cut your head off. Christian music fans are actually nice. I also know a bunch of other girls who love them and think they're sexy, which is SO not appropriate, and they don't look any good in my opinion. What I've listened to of their music is absolutely completely boring (once again, just my opinion). Why does all their music have to be about boyfriends and girlfriends and kissing etc.? Why can't girls (especially the ones too young for boyfriends) stop thinking about being loved and wanted by some hot teenage boy and start thinking more about God's love? Why can't girls be into Christian bands/singers like TobyMac (love you Toby!!!), Matthew West, Capital Kings, Britt Nicole, Mandisa, Jamie Grace, Group 1 Crew, For King & Country, Brandon Heath, Chris Tomlin, One Girl Nation, etc. who set great examples of living for God instead of boy bands like one direction who act like 2-year-olds and set horrible examples for kids? Another thing about one direction (aka. No direction) is that they take down stuff on YouTube relating to them. I heard about something on YouTube titled "Kids React to one direction" that they took down. Also, I'm just tired of hearing about them. I can't walk through WalMart once without seeing one direction merchandise. It's pitiful, what people are into these days.

• They do things they shouldn't.

Smoking and alcohol is terrible no matter what. Any smoking can ruin your voice. I think they are talented, just their lyrics are so bad sometimes. They are rude to other celebrities which isn't okay. They seem full of themselves. Also, they don't write their own songs. What real band/group wouldn't? And last but not least, their fans threaten you if you say anything they dont like. A lotta fans only ever talk about their looks but they need some meat.. I honestly don't wanna be told to kill myself because of what I do and don't like.

• Get over yourself.

Some people are saying they're only liked for their looks.
    Totally. I bought albums, t-shirts, bracelets, magazines just for people to know I like their face okay. Got me on that one. (Oh and their looks are just the best singers I've ever heard.)
    Others are saying we have a rude fanbase.
    I really cannot say we don't. Because yes, we have some few over dramatic people. But 99% of the time they calm down, and chill out. The other 1% is they leave the fandom. Now I want you to tell me a fandom that doesn't have a tiny group of people in the fandom who you're ashamed of. And if you give me your fanbase there is a 99% of a chance you are in the tiny group. Because every fandom, and every band has one flaw.
    And others are comparing them to the Beatles.
    Really? You are saying, and I quote, "The Beatles, the best band of all time, I don't care if One Failrection is more famous than The Beatles, they are and will be better than 1D. The Beatles were, are, and still will be famous. 1D will just dissapear. 1D is the worst band of all time, and the Beatles are the best. Long live Beatles!" One I'm gonna give you a slow clap for the genius of One Failrection. You're so original. Two, there is this thing called opinion. Yeah, everyone has one. You may think the Beatles are the best creation on Earth. But hey, this person the same age as you might like One Direction. Then you will go and cut their head off saying the "One Failrection" should just disappear. And, you didn't even spell disappear right. Read the title, and stop being a hypocrite.

Oh, and yes they can't dance. Everyone knows that and they embrace the fact they can't dance.

Get over yourselves.

• No they are NOT

If they are the worst band, why would they have so much fans? And remember that all their fans aren't stupid, they know how to choose a favourite band.
    If you don't like One Direction, so what? Don't say anything bad about it, just ignore it. Don't judge them, besides you don't even know them in REAL LIFE. Don't 100% trust the medias.

• They are not "The worst band of the year"

To support the topic with yes, you are saying One Direction are the worst band of this year....Seriously? They defiantly may not be the best but they aren't the "worst"

Yes One Direction are supposedly glorified for their looks but people just take that as the only reason and don't evaluate them fully. They are talented. Why would several million girls be buying and listening to their music if they were "only attractive". If they were that bad then they would not be played on the radio at all, let alone countless times.

They do write and co write a majority of their songs so how dare people say they don't. Read the fine print.

They may have gotten forced together in a band but a band has to start some where. If they didn't enjoy being together in a band they would've spilt and gone their separate ways. They are all close and even spend time together out of the working days.

They are passionate about what they do and they have people who love what they do. That's all that should count. Why should we rank bands?

• One direction is the best boy band

Their songs are great and you should listen to them.They have the biggest fan base in the world right now. If you don't like them, you should not be here. They gained more popularity quicker than the beatles. They might even come to an end soon but im fine with that. Leave 1d alone with your horrible comments

• No to me

So what if they cater t o teenage girls? Someone has to. And so what if they're songs are catchy and poppy, not every song has to be life altering to be considered music. Music is music. People only hate because they're famous and got lucky. They donate to charity constantly and they make teens happy so that's good enough

• How can you judge music?

No one likes the same music as everyone else. The lads are making music they enjoy and their fans enjoy their style as well. It should only be about the music and you shouldn't ever judge based on your taste. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. If you do, keep supporting our boys.

• One direction is not the worst band of the year.

One direction is not the worst band of the year. This is their talent and they decided to pursue it as a career. I think they have made it very far in the entertainment industry and I hope that they continue to find success in their field. So far, I am liking their music.

• They Are Good ok

Okay so basically they are not the worst for they have not done anything so terrible. None of their music contains any profanity for the most part. They actually can sing opposed to 98% of people on the radio and they are not trashing rooms or spitting on people they are not that rude. Some of you need to realize that their vibe in music isn't always their choice, management has a large part in the making of their image. So for the most part they are not some NSYNC or Backstreet Boys corny boy band. Why? Well they have their own individual styles, no choreographed dances, no matching outfits, nada they just have a good time.

• They aren't bad people.

Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they are the worst band of the year. They try their hardest to be good people and please everyone, like their trip to Africa to help the kids in the hospital, or their support to the Red Nose Day. All of them try to help out by being good people. Like them or not, they are not the worst band of the year

• They can't be worst band if they're not even a band.

A boy band is different from a band because they don't play instruments and there is no lead singer. If they're not even a band, they can't be the worst band. And if you're one of those people who say it's the same thing, than I hope you're not forgetting Big Time Rush.

skymnesynymone909 says2021-05-13T07:02:27.060
To begin with, One Direction is generic and way too bland. In comparison with boy bands from different decades, One Direction does not have the vocal superiority of Jackson 5, The Beach Boys, The Osmonds, The Backstreet Boys, Jodeci, New Edition, NSYNC and most of all of Boyz II Men. Even second tier boy bands LFO, O-Town, 98 Degrees and BBMak have their own distinctive sounds as groups. Most of all they don’t have the powerful dance moves of NSYNC, NKOTB and even with their contemporaries Mindless Behavior, The Wanted, Why Don’t We and CNCO. Their British predecessors, Take That, Five, A1, East 17, Another Level, 911 and Blue are way more talented from singing, To dancing, Songwriting and rapping. Most of all, It is an insult to compare themselves with The Beatles. The songwriting tandem of John Lennon and Paul McCartney remains one of the most unparalleled in music history. Their songs are appreciated across generations and have withstood the test of time. For Harry Styles to compare his group with the Beatles, As being a pop group met with massive hysteria from the girls in the US is superficial. At the end of it there has to be substance with what they do. One Direction will never measure to the Sir Paul McCartney and John Lennon as songwriting geniuses.
Furthermore, South Korea’s Hallyu wave that has unleashed BTS, EXO, Big Bang which by far are also superior to One Direction. It is because many Korean idol groups spend years of training before they make their debut which means the preparations are rigid to make sure they will make their mark in the music industry. The problem with One Direction is they were a hastily formed boy band. They were originally five individual contestants in X-Factor back in 2010. They didn’t originally participated as a group so there was no intense preparation and systematized training. Many of their songs are plagiarized. Take for instance Def Leppard’s Pour Some Sugar on Me to One Direction’s Midnight Memories. They also took samples from the works of music giants like Journey, The Clash, And New Found Glory to name a few. This has been talked about by many who have seen the obvious similarities. Sure, Artists would sample the works of others but in One Direction’s case, This is too much.
But if there’s one more thing worst about One Direction is their fan base. Many Directioners are toxic, Rude and are psychos. Even with the “disbandment” of One Direction, They continue to go around saying the same thing that One Direction is the best group ever. In a video from Youtube called Evolution of Boy Bands 1963 to 2018, Directioners toxify the comment section. They don’t know how to sit back and listen. One fan said that she skipped the other boy bands in the video and went straight to look only to One Direction without sifting through the different groups that came before and after them. This gives them a zero to very limited knowledge of music.