• Are you kidding me?

I can't believe you guys. Do you guys think that a person that doesn't have children deserve to die? That a factor of the measuring in a human being involves wether or not (s)he has children? That a person that doesn't have children is a loser? Because that's what it seems like. If you guys were 12, I would be maturer than all of you. I don't laugh at puberty class, I don't laugh at child jokes, I laugh at adult jokes. I watch adult T.V. shows, I hate when people refer to me as a kid, I am mature. I just don't want kids because I don't like kids. Is that a problem? And also, life is not about having kids. There's a lot more to life than having kids, if life was all about kids, every family would have hundreds of kids, moron.

• Of Course It a Right!

Parenthood is the natural process that comes after giving birth. Every mother and every father has the right to engage in parenthood and raise their child the way they see fit. Laws are in place to protect children from abuse/neglect and laws are also in place to protect parental rights. Unless a parent has engaged in an activity or behavior that is unsafe or illegal, They will and SHOULD continue to hold this right.

Posted by: KTVT
  • So everyone is judged?

Wow, what a shock in this debate. I assume your great great ancestors where judged and was given a privilege before all of you were born. It is so obvious having a child is a right! However, there are laws, and there should be laws to protect children from neglect and abuse. Is your life a right or a privilege? If you answer a privilege than anyone can take your life away for not having the ability to live it correctly and meaningful. Sounds absurd doesn't it?! Geez, when is the parenting book at barns and noble going to be law and enforced and which one of the hundreds of those books will it be? We all have a right to live, breed freely, which is the result of being a parent just as any other living organism on this planet. Calling it a privilege is about as absurd as telling others who they can mate with IF they are even granted this privilege.

• Its a privilege

Parenthood in not a right but a privilege. People thinking that they have a right to be a parent is what is wrong with today's world. People think that just because they can breathe, that means they can have a kid. These people almost never raise a good productive kid.

• No, parenthood is definitely a privilege.

No, parenthood is definitely not a right. While just about anyone can have a child, this doesn't mean that the person has a right to keep the child. The local government can get involved in order to remove parental privileges if someone is not properly taking care of his or her children, which is why the foster care system exists.

• No, parenthood is not a right.

While people are allowed to have kids, the ability to be a parent is not something that is a right. If a person proves to be an unfit parent, the government and law can definitely take way their ability to be a parent to their kids. I think people should know the difference.

• A good thing

I think that parenthood would be considered a privilege. You get the joy of raising your own offspring, and passing on your genes to the next generation to make sure that your family continues on, which is really the whole reason why any of us are here on earth today.

• No, parenthood is not a right.

I see parenthood as a privilege. Conception can be easily achieved, from animals to humans, but conception does not automatically bestow parenting skills. Having a child is a lifelong responsibility that frequently requires sacrifices. Not all people are mature enough to accept this. Raising a child, loving it, and watching it become an adult is definitely a privilege.

• Children are a privilege

People who think having children is a right are ignorant. They think selfishly and only about themselves. Kids should be a persons main priority and having children just to have children should be illegal. Or maybe an IQ test should be required? People think so highly of their own genes that they think the world needs more of their genetics out in the world.

• IT IS IN FACT A PRIVILEGE TO BE A PARENT NOT A RIGHT. It is a honor to be a parent PERIOD.

Just because you can have children doesn't mean you should. My point is this, Babies are so beyond precious and innocent. . . Why in the hell did I just get done reading about a 4 year old boy raped to DEATH by a grown man. FILTHY! Just horrible. Gut turning. And you have the audacity to actually believe being parent is a right and not a privilege. That DEAD 4 year old little baby boy had no right to live and die like that instead he should have been appreciated and consoled and loved and cared for but females now a days are just not mothers. They have no clue. That mother ALLOWED this to happen to her son by her boyfriend. . . So YES it is a privilege that should be granted once earned. Just because you have a p*ssy, You're obsessed with a man, Or you can't go get a job so instead you look to "easy money" doesn't mean you have the RIGHT to get pregnant, Birth, And keep an innocent angel. You need a license to drive a car. . . . Well. . . . You should need a license to keep your child(ren). FACTS hurt doesn't it? ! ? ! ? But that one baby boy never deserved to feel any hurt. Are you kidding me! ? ! ? ! And to think about it it's happening everywhere everyday. These children need moms and dads who want to be moms and dads instead of falling into the world of these monster moms. And I do blame the moms because whether the abuser is the mom or dad or anyone. . . The mom is supposed to be their protector. Sacrifices and responsibilities. This is why you earn the right and be granted the privilege.

• Privilege all the way

Not everyone can be a good parent. You shouldn't be allowed to have children if you're too poor, Abusive, Negligent, Or mentally ill. Whatever the cause, Unfit parents should have their children taken from them. Some people simply weren't cut out to be parents. Think of the children's rights first!

• Parenting is a PRIVILEGE!

It's a life expander to have children because you can learn a lot from people of a later generation than you; however, Parenting is still a privilege. There are some parents who have actually lost their parenting privileges. If you have a drinking problem, A drug problem, Or a smoking problem, The government should not grant you your parenting privileges (or revoke them if you already have them). Children should be made your first priority, But you cannot be selfish with them. When two selfish people argue over the same thing, It is not a pretty picture. You have certain rights when you parent, But that still makes parenting a privilege. If someone from DCF (Department of Children and Families) tells you to change your method of parenting, Do as they say no matter what. If you and your partner are raising kids together, There must be no physical fighting!

• Not all parents are capable of raising a child

Even if they have the right to do so, Some may not be able to financially provide for their child. Nowadays, There are also a whole bunch of news regarding domestic violence and child abuse. This shows that there are many parents who wants to have children but do not know or do not want to care for them. I hereby stamp me thoughts here that Parenthood is a privilege, NOT a right, For the sake of all orphans and child abuse victims. This side has won the debate. Full stop.