• No one even comes close

There are some bands that I would not compare to Pink Floyd like Grateful Dead who are another one of my favorite bands or Bob Dylan. The reason I would not compare them is because they were after something else. Also the people who listen to other bands want something specific from music so therefore it’s hard to say the they would be the best band to them. But for those of us who look for music that will take us beyond this world into space then absolutely no one else can take you on that journey away from this world as pink floyd can, And may I say that you take that flight without missing anyone of your senses; they are all invited.

• Which ones Pink?

There’s nothing to say about PF that hasn’t been said already. Their music is effortlessly beautiful. Each album can be enjoyed in its own way. TDSotM is a celebration of life, death, and everything in between. Animals is a dark and bleak look at modern capitalism and society. The Wall is a look inside what makes someone tick, and why we build metaphorical walls around ourselves. All together, Barrett, Waters, Mason, Wright, and Gilmour collaborated to make timeless classic after timeless classic. They will never die.

• YES definitely Pink FLoyd the best

If you listen to pink floyd from the early years youll know what they had created it was all so artistic , they werent making music for commercial success and ended up creating new genres like noise rock (john lathan sessions 1967), electronic trance (one of these days,run for life etc 1967-73) and made psychedelic what it is today,, there sound was always distinctive they just didnot create music they created art

• Abolutely fucking yes.

Beatles? Who?

Pink Floyd has pioneered so much that most people dont even acknowledge to this day. Their success is the greatest in rock history, maybe even music history entirely. Is Pink Floyd the best band of all time? Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes and yes.

• Pink floyd is the only great band

For me, i listened to a lot of famous rock bands such as the beatles, led zepplin and queen, but none of them could make me feel the way pink floyd did, the lyrics are just deep and meaningful, the harmony is outstanding and the guitar solos are just mind blowing, pink floyd doesn't even need me to talk about it, the band talks for its self.

• Best Psychodelic/Prog Band Ever

First off, don't just ask me, ask my son who is 21 and its his favorite band too. When Floyd is gone and everyone who has ever seen a real Floyd concert is gone, people will still be buying floyd records. Why? It is truly art and it is truly unique. They were far from perfect, they were not great solo players (exception Gilmour) unlike some other bands, But their music and sound was phenomenal, multi-layered, textured, and they made the instruments blend in together like nobody else. Listen carefully and you will be amazed. While Gilmour is well deserving of his fame you cannot overlook what Wright has done. On their first album 'Piper' the keyboard sound was really great, you can hear his genius there, and that carried all the way through into all their other albums. No need to name songs, there are too many, but Wright was a world apart from guys like Emerson, Wakeman, Lord, Banks. What he lacked in sheer mastery he more than made up for with ethereal soundscapes and blending in with the other instruments. It will be very hard for another band to replicate what Pink Floyd has done. Listen Carefully.

• Learning to Fly

What can you say about a band that has awesome hits like Dark side of the Moon, Wall, Animals, Division Bell, Pulse, Meddle, Obscured by clouds. The psychedelic music is out of the world. When I see the group performing live, I simply Wish I Was There. Salute u guys.

• Quite likely, yes

There might have been more popular and more unique, but I dont think Ive heard a band more talented and with such a knack to simply portray life through song. There is timeless wisdom in the lyrics and some of the best compositions of the last century. Nothing hits deeper.

• They are unique and will last forever

What they did on their time still amazes until this day, that dedication, love, passion, talent, innovation still give us goosebumps, peace, energy, sadness, it elevates us. Every album has a unique story or point to notice and exalt. Every member, every song...Different stories, different feelings, but just Pink Floyd.

• The Total Package

They had it all: The studio innovation and long-lasting influence of the Beatles. The musicianship of Zeppelin. Songwriting that far surpassed the Doors or Stones. True, powerful influence on pop culture - having stadiums of people chanting "Tear Down the Wall" 9 years before the Berlin Wall fell is nothing short of insane. And ultimately, albums that are simply more enthralling than any of the above named bands, or anyone else for that matter.

• Pink Floyd

They are most definitely not the greatest, this band is incredibly twisted, just watch Pink Floyd's "The Wall." There is a scene where someone razors off his own nipples. So disgusting. That being said I dont particularly ascribe to having favorites at all. Its a waste of time and can prevent one from enjoying new genres/talents.

• Pink Floyd Is Not The Greatest

I really like Pink Floyd. They have a great catalog and definitely made their mark on the music industry and influences millions, but they are not the greatest to ever do it. They are in the conversation but there are a few bands that I would personally place ahead of them.

• Good but not the greatest.

Pink Floyd is a great band, but not the greatest of all time. There are other bands that have wider appeal. Even if Pink Floyd is considered the greatest of its kind of music, there are other bands that are stylized but have much wider appeal, and appeal that spans generations. Pink Floyd does not have that kind of widespread appeal.

• No

Pink Floyd was a great band and one that the majority of people have probably heard of. However, to call them the greatest of all time is excessive. They will certainly always be remembered as one of the greats, but the absolute greatest will always come down to a matter of opinion.

• Undoubtedly great but not the greatest of all time

I love them to the moon and back but somewhere I feel like the greatest of all time are none other than the Beatles followed by Led Zeppelin and then come pink floyd. Love the music they produced and everything about them and definitely the 3rd best of all time

• No they are not the greatest band of all time.

Since their are billions of humans on this earth, and all of them can potential make a band, there is no way for everyone to hear every band that has ever recorded and therefore there is no greatest band of all time, as no one person or group of people have been able to evaluate them all.