• It depends on which Pop Culture you're into

To be honest, Pop Culture is not bad but it's also not good. It mostly depends on which pop culture you're into. I have no grudges on Pop Culture and I am somewhat into it however, I'm not into today's pop culture you're better off sending to the scrap heap. Seriously, pop culture was so good before. Now it's basically BS. For real, the kind of Pop Culture there is now has all of it's good (which could even be a little) be entirely covered up by the bad (which is a LOT).

Sure you can say that Pop Culture is a waste of time, but it's mainly meant for entertainment. The only times I say it's a waste of time is if you're into the garbage things. Pretty sure most of the ones who say Pop Culture is actually bad only experienced the bad side of it. I know you could say Miley Cyrus is bad but before she wasn't. I don't really mind some of Kesha's Songs but at least it's better than the songs you hear now.

If you want Kids who are into Pop Culture to wise up, become mature, know their traditional culture, etc. Taking them away from Pop Culture is similar to "Having your Favorite Hobby be Non-Existent". Sure you're targeting the ones who really should wise up but you're also targeting the ones who already have "wised up". I'm also not saying that they should not know and stuff with Classical Music, Physical Activity, Classic Novels, etc. They should still need to do that. You just balance it or something.

• Yes totally worth it

Worth it all the way. Pop culture is worth it. Pop culture is worth it because it is what is new, popular, fresh, being used, or current today. It is worth paying attention to culture's differences. Good for most. Pop culture is worth it all the way! And screw religion.

• I actually have to write an essay on this topic, so if I still your idea then sue me hahahah

Pop culture is exactly what the word means; popular culture. It is neither good, or bad for you. Pop culture is the trend of what is going on in the world. Not only in America, but around the world, are famous people are looked upon as gods. What the gods do we must do. People have been lead to believe that we must fallow suit and do as we are told, or what the celebrities do. My look on pop culture is monkey see monkey do. To make it very clear, pop culture is not a bad thing, and may just be a thing that is, like a tree. Some trees hang left, while other trees hang right. Nether of the two trees are wrong for hanging one side, nor the other.

• Not necessarily "good for you" but it's not bad

It's a form of entertainment and that's it. It is not a waste of time. It is a person's own choice on how to use their time and you can't tell them not to do or watch or listen or read something just because of your own opinion. Sometimes celebrities do bad things but everyone makes mistakes, celebrities are people too and you can't criticize everything they do. Pop culture does not "influence" wrong ideas or decisions, those are entirely up to you. If you make a mistake, you can't blame pop culture, you have to take responsibility to your actions. It's nobody else's fault but your own. "Bad things" that celebrities do, regular people do too. Lots of people smoke, or drink, or do drugs. You can't just say it's the celebrities messing everything up when you make your decisions, nobody forces you. The music is not "trashy" or "junk", it's what some people like to listen to, so you should let them. If somebody wants to wear slutty clothes, that's their problems, not pop culture's. If you say "the classics" are being disregarded and cast aside in favor of pop culture, well maybe they are. But what makes something a "classic" anyway? Why does it being a "classic" automatically make it better? Celebrities don't just do bad things either. You can't just focus on the negative to make a point, that's misleading because it sounds like all pop culture icons do are bad things when there's really so many positive things they're doing too. For example, at the end of Taylor Swift's new music video for her new song "Wildest Dreams", it said that all proceeds from this video would be donated to an African Wildlife Conservation group. That's amazing. No one can deny that.

• Pop culture is over exaggerated

Really? Of all things you want to know about some pop stars life and what mistakes?!? Wow. Our society is just pointless sometimes. Yes knowing about them having a kid named George or they won a Grammies..GREAT! But if they smoked or got arrested...Many people do everyday. Think about them not only a famous person.

• Pop Culture Connects Us to One Another

Pop culture connects us all. We find our universal brotherhood
    in the common ideas that are transmitted by television, videos
    and the internet. How many strangers can talk together about
    grand opera, or about gamelan music? Such things are beautiful,
    but do not give ordinary people common ground the way rock
    music, sports, and mass market films do. Everyone has an opinion
    about Psy, Beyonce, and the latest hit movie. Perhaps in ten years
    Beyonce will be forgotten, but by then we will have new pop culture
    topics to dissect.

• Yes, there are things to be gained from pop culture.

Pop culture reflects the modern aspect of life in the world. Folks need to keep current with things that are happening around them and pop culture helps to facilitate that part of their life. Keeping aware of the ever changing culture is a benefit to a person's mental and their general well being.

• Yes, but not completely

Pop culture is good for society. It provides a common ground and culture. What else would people talk about around the water cooler? It also provides entertainment and enjoyment, which are of course good and desirable things.

However I wouldn't say that pop culture is necessarily always good. If you spend too much time on it or get too obsessed it is a distraction from more important things.

• Yes, pop culture is good for you.

Pop culture was fun and upbeat. It can only make you feel better because it gets you moving. You can lose weight with the dances, its better for your heart, and it's great at an amusement park. Listening to Culture Club when I was a teen was so amazing. The pop culture was the best!

• Yes, I guess.

Pop culture can be good for you. It is what is popular in that culture, or what is fresh and being used today. The study of this could actually be very interesting if you enjoy paying attention to culture differences already. For some people it is good for them if they like it.

• Modern Pop Culture is corrupted.

For those who say it makes me feel good, You are crazy! It only disgusts me and makes me wish I lived in the 70s more and more every day. Just because it’s popular and it’s a thing you may like just like a billion other people doesn’t mean it’s good. Back when my parents were kids, They would have been horrified at a sexual reference in a movie. Now look at us. It’s absolutely terrible. There’s many rap songs, Which are quite popular, But they are so dirty. To me, They don’t even sound good. “Oh, You’re racist! A hater! ” Well, No. No I’m not. I like many things, But few of them are related to modern pop culture. Believe it or not, But traditional African music sounds better than rap, To me. And when Caucasian people rap, It usually sounds worse, No offense to anyone who likes to rap. I’m just saying, I don’t like modern pop culture. Another thing is that when a bunch of people like a certain song, It’s played on the radio and in stores and everything. It follows you! They start to play less and less older songs, And it’s all “in the new! ” Have they no nostalgia? I want a break from Adele or Eminem or Miley Cyrus (in fact, That doesn’t look right. I may be spelling that wrong! See, I hate modern pop culture. ) I’m not saying the 80s was perfect or even the 60s. I don’t understand the Beatlemania thing, And Madonna. . . Please, No! And then there’s the trendy clothing. Ripped jeans. . . You can rip them yourself! Don’t waste your money and buy pre-ripped jeans! Half of them are ripped too high. . . Then there’s phones! It’s great to be able to contact someone, But then we can look up songs with the snap of your fingers. Tension spans have shortened recently. Then, Technology greatened and that leads us to the iPhone. I don’t have a smartphone. I don’t need one. A flip phone or landline is more than fine. Smartphones have taken over our lives. Here’s another thing: you can find about the most beautiful and handsome people on social media. Now, You look at yourself and you think, “I want to be just as gorgeous as her! ” You think you don’t look good. You don’t appreciate the things you have. You just complain about what you want to have. If you aren’t seriously injured, You should appreciate that. But we compare ourselves to the top-dog celebrities of the world. Before smartphones and computers, Your hero looked good. Then, You found out about some celebrity from another part of the world who you thought was drop-dead hot. You wanted more than your Fawcett hair. You wanted big lips and no belly fat. Before smartphones and the current popular forms of media existed, We didn’t have to compete as much for being the prettiest or best. Anyway, That’s just s bit of my thoughts on modern pop culture.

• Hell to the no

Pop culture is for sheeple who plan on being slaves their whole lives 😂😂 you can only imagine how tiny your public school educated brain must be and how pathetic your upbringing must have been to even allow that shit into your ears, I would rather someone diarrhea directly into my ears and suffer an ear infection before i listen to the pathetic trash you zombies call music.

• Hell to the no

• Modern culture is bad

For many reasons. 1 The main reason in my opinion is that sexual references are always put in all popular modern music and even in kids movies now 2. References of sex drugs alcohol murder violence and prostitution are found everywhere even in the kids world 3. It all has a brainwashing message.

• Its just a waste of time

Its just a waste of time its just a waste of time its just a waste of time its just a waste of time its just a waste of time its just a waste of time its just a waste of time its just a waste of time its just a waste of time its just a waste of time its just a waste of time alot like reading this

• People are dumb

I dont like pop culture n j j j jjjj j jjj j j jj j j j jj j j jj jjj j jj j j j j jjj jj j jj jjjjjjj jj j jjjj jfsakd ksj klajf,k jklfcjkf sdk fskd f jkdk kk kk k k k

• It makes no sense for people to want to be exactly like pop stars

I mean why would you want to wear skimpy clothes in the middle of winter just because stars do it or even have sex just because a star did it. Gosh. Stupid stars influence the wrong ideas and decisions for little 15 year olds or even 5 6 or 7 year olds

• It is ruining this generation of youth!

Pop Culture offers skimpy clothes for girls that are too tight, short, and sexy for teens that age. It encourages younger girls and boys to grow up faster. Every kid I ever see these days always have their phones out, texting, checking instagram, or taking selfies. The music is so inappropriate! The children of this age are listening to junk. Its filling their heads with complete trash that will serve no use for them, except to encourage them to do bad things. The worst celebrities, in my opinion, that have negatively inspired young teens to become more inappropriate and uncontrollable are Miley Cyrus, Kesha, and Nicki Manaj. I just hope that somehow, we find a way to untangle this generation's youth from the wicked snares of pop culture!

• It is not safe for children or teens

Most teens follows with trend and so on however when we look upon american pop culture we see that most songs, films and other media are filled with sexual and also aggressive behaviors.

Children who are not aware of this shouldn't be allowed to see however with broad internet access we can access anything just in a matter of a click. It also makes children or teens not care about their traditional culture. I am Indonesian and I know that most Indonesian teens do not know about their culture.

Pop culture also teaches us about things that aren't especially good like smoking which risks our life. So I personally believe that pop culture is not good for anyone.

>