Is racial separatism merely a passive and understated variation of segregation?

• I don't think in all cases we are all meant to mix as much as some say?

I live in a place that has slowly become jewish and real estate has gone through the roof. If I wanted to move I would make alot more now. So if I am now the minority and my neighbours have a name for me as being non jewish I am now marginalised and treated with disdain. I try to encompaass and embrace the new occupants around me. It wouldn't matter if they were indian, African or european. I would still embrace it all. Only thing is I am aware of their racial hatred of me and my diference. I don't think we are all meant to get along neccessarily. I like and support multi culturalism how ever it is more like multi racialism and I am also subjected to discrimination. I am a white caucasion and I feel ok with my black brothers and sisters but do they feel ok with me. Tolerance is not racial integration. Having to coexist in close proximity requires patience and understanding. Long term we cannot all be mixed and like a box of assorted chocolates. The attraction of another colour and race is very exciting and is very welcome. I do how ever never fully accept we are 100% naturally compatible. My african american partner is looked at by some people as an aberation that is accepted it is her youth that everyone gets upset about 30 years younger than me. Now thats were the work is.

• Yes, I believe it is.

Racial separatism, in my mind, is basically forced segregation. I do not understand and never will understand the reason for it. Our differences are minute. Sure, celebrate them if you would, but treat each other as the humans that we are. This isn't color-blindness. It is scientific fact that we're human. Let's act like it.

• Separation and segregation are similar.

Separatism is merely a passive and understated variation of segregation. Many peoples wish to be separate consciously and many people are separate out of habit or circumstance as well. People do not want to be forced together, they simply want the same rights as all other people do. They can attain this in atmospheres of either separatism or segregation if they wish as well.

• Yes It Is

I believe racial separatism is a passive and understated variation of segregation. I believe this is easy to note in some urban areas where neighborhoods have developed into racial strongholds for no apparent reason. One has to assume that races prefer their own company at that point and it is a self inflicted segregation. However, I don't think this can be compared to forced segregation because it took freedom to even notice this trend.

• Racism gives another meaning of segregation.

For example, I am a Racist, I love to see my way of life, I love to see my way of attitude around in society, I deny the moves and talks I see and hear around that come from different nationality. As you can see even the racism thought can create an intangible segregation. Thus, if a group of racist want to implement their ideas and behavior in a society with some certain level of power; of course they can create the environment the way they want and with regardless of knowing some one Else's right and thought can make the things around run the way that they want. And this is an absolute meaning of active segregation and not passive segregation.

• It is not passive or understated.

No, racial separatism is not merely a passive and understated variation of segregation, because there is nothing that is passive about separatists. Those who want to separate us want to segregate us, plain and simple. It is a distinction without a difference. Segregation and separation are two sides of the same coin, and they are both equally wrong.

>