Is Rafael Nadal the best tennis player of all time?

• Nadal is absolutely the best ever.

Nadal has missed many years because of injuries. Federer had no though players in the beginning. Nadal has several years more to go and I believe he could add a minimum of 4 grandslams at his current 17 slams. That will bring had at a total of 21 at least.

• Serena Williams trumps them all.

She, let me see, won more than 20 grand slams. She came back from giving birth and got to the final. She has been beaten in a final more than once by only 2 people. Rafa Nadal won Wimbledon twice. He went out on injury several times and mostly won the French Open- but not much else. If it were men only, Federer and Djokovic both equal Nadal, so it is hard to say. Maybe Djokovic?

• 11 time french open winner

Roger is old and has weird nose also is scared of Raphael on clay, Nadal is a king on clay a king a wimbledon, french open, aus open, usa open and olympics. Look at his speed and power, i genuinely think Roger is scared of rafa, And also Nadal has his own brand, cool!

• 11 time french open winner

• Rafa is the greatest

Nadal is the greatest because of the following:

1. Better winning percentage than Federer in their entire career so far. Nadal 82.8% to Federer 82.1%
    2. Better winning percentage than Federer in Grand Slam Tournaments. Nadal 87.5% to Federer 86.5%
    3. Better winning percentage than Federer on Masters 1000 tournaments. Nadal 82.3% to Federer 77.9%. Nadal has a better head to head record in Masters 1000. Nadal 12 wins to Federer 7
    4. Has more wins that Federer in their head to head. Nadal 23 to Federer 15
    5. Has more masters 1000 titles than Federer. Nadal 32 to Federer 27
    6. Has beaten Federer in the Wimbledon Finals whereas Federer has not beaten Nadal in the French open. Nadal has a better head to head in grand slams. Nadal 9 wins to Federer 3
    7. Nadal just turned 32 years old. At the age of 32 years old, Nadal and Federer has won the same number of Grand slams at 17. But Nadal has 3 more chances to win a grand slam at 32 years old and he is 4 years younger than Federer

• The magic of the incomparable Rafael Nadal!

I have not seen every single tennis player in history but have watched with interest and varying levels of enjoyment for decades. I stopped watching for a few years because the way the game was being played was losing its lustre for me. Up until 2010 when I resumed watching it was Bjorn Borg who most captured my admiration. I used to marvel at his strategic play- his power and finesse. Then I turned on the tv in 2010 and I watched in total awe at the player dominated centre court at the Monte Carlo Masters. The art and mastery that Rafael Nadal displays on a clay court is unparalleled, literally taking my breathe away, On grass and hard courts too, he is the player with the most passion, the most fierce concentration, the most dazzling footwork and the forehand from another planet. I have never seen him smash a racket or utter on court obscenities. Behaviour and temperament are essential to me in any consideration of an athlete's greatness.
    I could extol his brilliance on the court endlessly but for me he is the best of all time whatever his final total of trophies and records tally at the end of his career. He is the best for me because no other player on the planet makes shots and plays as exhilarating as his or captures my enthusiasm or admiration. He is truly the Incomparable Rafael Nadal to me.

• Hands down yes.

Injuries have not stopped Nadal - he always bounces back and seemingly becomes even better than before. This mindset is what, in my mind, makes Rafael Nadal the greatest player of all-time. I do not know if and of the other tennis greats would have nearly the same accolades if they were to have dealt with the injuries Rafa has.

• Hands down yes.

• Nadal is the Best Male Tennis Player Ever

No player has started his career as a one dimensional, one surface player and then over a career continually add piece after piece to master every surface and every Major. Roger naturally plays an aggressive style that 3 of the 4 Major surfaces rewards. Players typically don't add shots after they are over 21. 5 Wimbledon Finals, 4 US Open Finals, 3 Australian Open Finals...6 Slams to go with 10 French Opens and 32 Masters 1000's...And Olympic Singles Gold...

• Without doubt greatest ever

Rafa has performed in the toughest era of tennis. He never had a free ride. Federer had free 4 years of tennis when the rest of big 3 were too young to compete at all slams. Djokovic also had sort of free ride when Roger was declining and Rafa had serious injury issues. The number of tournaments Rafa has missed through injuries is way too much in comparison to his peers. Federer is blessed with unbelievable fitness, so is Djokovic. Nadal with his weak body has achieved extra ordinary. Rafa is without doubt the most talented and extra ordinary player ever. The difference in slams vs Federer is only because of difference between the physique of both players. If Nadal had same body as Federer, He was sitting on 25 slams today and still he is not finished ..

• Serena Williams trumps them all.

• Too much clay!

It's not just that the vast majority of Nadal's Slams and other titles have been on clay, it's Federer's amazing consistency on all surfaces that makes him the greatest. He's been in an amazing 43 GS semi-finals since 2003 (roughly 2/3 of all the GS's). Nadal is 27/54, and he has far more early exits than does Fed. This is an amazing testament to Fed's durability. People look at Fed having only one French Open, but Nadal has only one Australian, and you could argue that for a big stretch of his career Fed was the 2nd best player in the world on clay.

There's no doubting that Nadal is the best there's ever been on clay, and will likely go untouched, But on the most common surface, hard courts, Fed has 11 Grand Slams, Nadal has 4.

Fed wins by being the most consistent ever over a very long period of time, but this time of year everyone focuses on the French. Long term it's Federer!

• Great but not the greatest

First of all does the "greatest of all time" mean Rafael Nadal vs Roger Federer? No, I dont think so. Rafael Nadal is the greatest clay court player ever, not so much on the other surfaces. Is he in the top 3 greatest at Wimbledon? No. Top 3 at the US Open? No. Top 3 at Australian Open? No. So how can he be the greatest of all time? And also, Djokovic has a better head to head against rafa, he has beaten rafa at every grand slam including the french, rafa has never beaten djoko at Australian Open. Does that make djoko greater than rafa?

• Federer is the GOAT, and here's why.

I'm tired of people talking about Nadal's head to head vs Federer. Federer's best surface is grass. Federer and Nadal have only met 3 times on grass, with Federer leading 2-1 in their head to head. Nadal's best (and Federer's worst) surface is clay, and Federer and Nadal have met 15 times on clay. This is because the clay court season is way longer than the grass court season. On hard courts, Federer leads the head to head 10-9. Furthermore, let's look at the number of times that Federer and Nadal played during their respective peaks. During Federer's peak (2004-2007), they met 14 times. During Nadal's peak (2008 onwards), they met 23 times. Clearly, their head to head would have been less biased had they met more during Rafa's peak. If you look at 2017, when Nadal clearly has the age advantage, Federer demolished Nadal 3 times and won 2 Grand Slams. I doubt Nadal will even be on the tour at 35. Now, let's look at Grand Slams. No doubt Nadal is the greatest Clay Court player of all time. He has won 10 French Open titles. However, on other surfaces, he only has 5 Grand Slams. He is too dependent on Clay. On the other hand, if you remove Federer's 8 Wimbledon titles, he still has 11 Grand Slams. He is a great all-court player. Now, let's look at career titles. Nadal has 73 career titles, out of which 53 are clay titles. Only 17 hard court titles and just 4 grass titles. Federer, on the other hand, has 93 career titles, out of which 17 are grass, a whopping 63 hard court titles and 11 clay court titles. As you can see, this is way more evenly balanced than Nadal's titles. Furthermore, Roger Federer has won the Year-End Championships a record 6 times, as opposed to only ZERO by Nadal. I also forgot to mention that Federer has 19 Grand Slam Titles, as opposed to Nadal's 15, which largely comprises of French Opens. Lastly, Federer has demolished Nadal 3 times this year (2017) at Australian Open, Indian Wells and Miami. I don't need to remind you that Federer is 35, while Nadal is 31, 4 whole years younger than Federer. He clearly has the age advantage and yet Federer still manages to beat him 3 times. Nadal doesn't seem to have had any injuries recently. He has simply been outclassed by Federer. For example, take a look at the World Tour Finals in 2011. Nadal, who wasn't unhealthy in any way, got destroyed by Federer 6-3, 6-0. No-one else has ever destroyed Rafa so ruthlessly. Nadal and Djokovic have both called Federer the greatest of all time. However, I do respect Rafa. He is a great fighter, he is truly the king of clay and deserves everything he gets, except for the title of GOAT. That belongs exclusively to Roger.

• Conservative weeks as no 1

OK, Nadal has dominated his peers but it has been for a short period of time as compared to what federer has done. Federer has 237 conservative weeks as no 1. Ladies and gentlemen, this is unreal. Nadal has cumulatively been no 1 for over just a 100 weeks so how can one claim Nadal as the best? No way. Nadal is great but federer is legendary

• Nadal is king of weak clay court era.

In weak clay court era, Fed was getting into finals to face Rafa. Rafa was at his best on clay court tournaments. Fed was facing him with consistency. Because Fed was second best player on clay.
    But Rafa was not consistent enough to face Fed on Grass or Hard courts when Fed was at his prime. Rafa was losing in early rounds in many Grass or Hard court tournaments. At the age of 33 Fed is still no.2 in the world. At the age of 29 Nadal is getting beaten by many ordinary players in this weak era! Yes its weak era because there is no competition to Djokovic. The way Fed was distinctly ahead during 2004 to 2008, now Djokovic is distinctly ahead of others.

>