• Yes reddit is a somewhat safe website for info

However you cant trust it all the way with the reason being that no matter what website you go on there will be faulty info. There are certain subreddits that are made for the specific reason of scientific info that i have found reliable so far. (most of those articles have links) :)

• The comment voting

Is essentially what make Reddit so reliable when it come to source material. While every current event may not make it to Reddit, some don't make it to headlines. But all post made on Reddit are backed by the comment voting system. Facts will almost always be displayed as the most upvoted posts. So rather than thinking of it as a singular source of information, I think of it as a "confirmation" hub. I hear about something, I Google some stuff and usually find myself on Reddit having the blanks filled in; it's pretty damn dope.

• Reddit is realible

I like reddit and i ink it is coool and realible u shoudl use it cause if you dont u r a stupid moron and should go die in a hole.Reddit users like me as u can see are mature and never lie we are smart and u r dmb dince u dont use reddit

• Redditors do not write the news, only link to articles.

While the majority of news posts on Reddit support a liberal perspective, all news submissions are links to various blogs, tv and print publications found online. It is up to the reader to judge the reliability of the news source. The top articles tend to come from trusted sources- NYT, Thinkprogress, academic journals, Al Jazeera, Washington Post, etc. Just because a poorly researched/bias article occasionally makes the front page only means it's popular, not reliable- just a reflection of the overall political opinion within community of like minded redditors. Will you get a well rounded perspective on current issues? Probably not, since the users of reddit are overwhelmingly liberal and thus, post articles supporting their point of view. However, most submissions come from reputable sources (that is, articles that cite their information/data, avoid speculation and sensationalism. I am wary of articles with bias/hyperbolic/emotionally charged language and arguments supported by anecdotes from the author's personal experience, etc)

Reddit is more of a portal to the news, a collection of links to browse at your discretion. The sources for all posts are listed, so the news is as reliable as your ability to discern credible resources.

• Posts are made without any supporting evidence

There was a recent post about the Colbert show stating that Stone's interview was not aired because he mentioned Israel, but saw the interview on you tube. Unless the interview was somehow edited, than that's a false post. I would need some kind of evidence that he actually said that from someone who was at the show.

• It is the Blind Leading the Blind

Reddit users are your average Internet addicts. They know nothing of the real world, and have no real, considered opinions of their own. It's a cluster of nodders and would-be SJWs, allowing only one mythical narrative to exist. Really nothing but a cheap reflection of the propaganda you see in all media outlets.

• It is the Blind Leading the Blind

• Reddit is not a reliable news source.

I'll admit, many Reddit users are incredibly intelligent. Reddit and it's users have lots of good information to give to you if you can find good, trustworthy and reliable people. Would I recommend you going on Reddit everyday for your daily news? Maybe. But for the purpose of this poll I would have to say no, as literally anyone can post whatever they want on Reddit. Heck, I could take me and my fancy writing onto Reddit and write: BREAKING NEWS: North Korea has announced that they will be nuking the U.S with an intercontinental ballistic missile! And somebody would believe it. For these reasons, I would recommend you NOT consider Reddit a reliable news source.

• No, Reddit is not a reliable news source.

I believe that Reddit is not a reliable news source because the content is provided by the users. The users also vote on which stories and discussions are the hottest. Since this is an open source, I believe there is no accountability as to the reliability of the news. Newspapers and other media have editors to serve as gatekeepers to keep the news from getting biased. It seems like Reddit does not. Reddit is good for entertainment, not news.

• Reddit Fun But Unreliable

As a member of Reddit I have to say I enjoy the website quite a bit, however I do no feel like it is a reliable news source. News articles make it to the front page sometimes, but many pieces of information don't make it to the light on Reddit.

• Reddit Still biased

The news on reddit relies on posts by users. Each user can post anything to support their own political agenda. In addition, there is no way to balance one story against another. News is printed by anyone and since most major news organizations rarely check sources,you can assume almost no one in reddit does.

TheNewsery says2013-12-27T03:05:46.633
No, it isn't you should visit www.TheNewsery.com instead.
The Newsery compiles hundreds of sources more to provide you with the most breaking, legitimate, unbiased, and substantial news.

Www.TheNewsery.Com - The only news you need.
>