• According to definition, Yes.

According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, Propaganda is "the spreading of ideas, Information, Or rumor for the purpose of helping or injuring an institution, A cause, Or a person. " If we look at Christianity, For example, The information would be the Bible and whatever other rules or things they have, And the cause would be to help others believe in what they believe in.

Technically, Propaganda can also be true. For example, Smoking PSAs are also under definition propaganda, And they are, Under evidence, True.

So if the purpose of this topic is to classify religion as FALSE propaganda or if it's to classify if religion is false, Then the wording of the debate topic needs to be changed. Otherwise, I don't know how you can see it's not propaganda.

• Religion Is Bad!

Religion has no place in the modern, Civilised world. Teaching kids creationism is disgusting and is on the same level as child abuse. Religion should be banned! It causes wars and is the reason many hate, It is used as an excuse for almost anything that would otherwise be criminal.

• Yes it is

I think that religion is propaganda because it is telling people that is they do something bad, They will burn in a fiery pit of death for the rest of time. I know it is a belief, But many people give their churches thousands of dollars over their lifetime, If it isn't propaganda, Then I don't know what it is. At least Christianity is.

• Oh of course it is

All religions are by default cults, Though varying in intensity and fanatism, It follows the same rule of blind faith, And it grows in power with the more recruits it gathers

weak people do need this of course, So it's not completely useless. Thankfully nowadays the most popular religions are compliant with most of western and european laws

• Let's explore the definition of an idea

An idea can be many things, If propaganda is the spread of information based on what people think you should think;

Then truth is not an idea. The truth is the truth. Cause and effect. If you murder someone that's wrong, This is not an idea, It's the truth and people are severely punished for it.

We separate ourselves from animals based off of the fact we can have ideas, And therefore propaganda.

Religious believe is not an idea; to many it is the truth. A truth that if you defy will result in a violent response from many who view it as the truth and not propaganda.

Many religious texts including the bible have texts dating back centuries, And has been the result of the rise and fall of many cities.

There have been many truths that have been implemented to societal laws around the world.

Propaganda doesn't result in anything good.

"Political correctness, However, Is by nature deceptive and psychologically manipulative. It therefore serves as a major roadblock to inquiry, As do all other forms of propaganda. " retrieved from Intercollegiate studies institute. 2016 article.

Https://isi. Org/intercollegiate-review/truth-or-propaganda/

• Yygub h ub mb

Hukjbn mjbb nhc vvh n butccgnmjcdgn bncrdhfcgnb m, . Hjv thdfvhm bgfgvn nmhgub nmmhgukjb, Mgvjb nmvgkbhm nm nhgkujm bhcgvn bfyhn btdghnbjmgb nnhygujbmn jv m bjmvhn m nbvhmbj n bhbm hvjyg knmbjkmb hnmnkjjyhmn mnhjmvb hjythgnmb bfyhnyghb n nbyjgn mmbjyhbn yjghbjmn 7uyjhb b jkujkhghjbmn jkgbjmnhgjhm vhjhn, B bhubjmm khujbm. L/jghvn nugkkj, K. Gyhbn bjkh, Jb. N kmnl/nknm bjgyjmb njghb

• Even if you hate religion it has done some good.

The Holy Bible brought about the necessary concept of protecting children to Romans and other countries who sexually abused children. As a result of this many children lived longer near the end of Rome's life.

Many religions at least agree that children should not be abused.

Too bad some churches of today seem to disagree with that concept. But our society would be vastly more terrible without the implementation of some of the concepts in to laws.

• Lol. Let's use your definition against you.

First, What is Propaganda, According to @GreenScreen, It is the spreading of ideas, Information, Or rumor for the purpose of helping or injuring an institution, A cause, Or a person.

Now, What about Religion? What does Religion mean? In the same dictionary that @GreenScreen used, It is the state of a religious, The service and worship of God or the supernatural, The commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance, A personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, Beliefs, And practices, Scrupulous conformity (cautious obedience), And a a cause, Principle, Or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith.

Now, How on the heavens, How on earth, How on hell can we say that Religion is Propaganda? Oh my heart is aching! This is just audacious! LMAO

Now, If you disagree, Reply.

• Not necessarily, No

While religion is very often used as propaganda, It was not intended to be propaganda. Creation Stories in religion are simply ancient people attempting to make sense of the strange world around them. Religions like Christianity, That teach a specific sense of morals, Are leaning more on the propaganda. Note that I am an atheist, And do not believe in Christianity, Although I believe some of the morals are right. Religions have three main questions: "How were we created? ", "What happens when we die? ", And "How should we treat each other? ". The Creation one is simply people trying to explain the world. The "what happens when we die? " may have originated from one of two reasons:
    1. The clergy could have used it as propaganda to convince people to do things for them, Telling them that they will go to heaven for it
    2. Another example of people trying to make sense of people, And because it has long been reviled to kill other people, We comfort ourselves by saying: "Oh, Don't worry, They'll rot in hell! "
    The "how we should treat each other? " can find its origins in what I said just before, And also propaganda.
    Thanks for reading this far in my really long argument! :)

• It provides community and Morals.

I'm Jewish. Every time we there is a holiday all of the Jews in the neighborhood get together in the Synagogue. Some of these people are people who I wouldn't have met under a different context. I am friends with a lot of the people I met through Hebrew school. The 10 commandments, Specifically the last 6, Are my moral code.

GreenScreen says2020-03-24T19:50:01.283
Many people here are incorrectly stating whether they think religion is good or bad and that's not what the debate topic is asking. It's asking if it's propaganda or not. Propaganda can be EITHER GOOD OR BAD. YOU CAN STILL THINK RELIGION IS GOOD AND STILL CALL IT PROPAGANDA. That follows the definition.