• Every action has an opposite and equal reaction.

Revenge is just a reaction. If other people treat you poorly, Should you treat them nice?
    If they don't respect you, Should you respect them?
    So other people are allowed to screw you over and you're not allowed to do the same to them?
    This passive attitude has to stop.
    It will just perpetuate the problem, You just become a doormat.
    Ignoring the problem has the same effect, Its basically just giving them a pass.
    Revenge has to hit hard, Its a dish best served cold. It makes people think twice regarding their actions.
    You end up with peace in the long run.
    An armed society is a polite society.

• I think it is justified.

I think this because, Believe it or not, Death penalty is technically revenge. If you did something terribly wrong, Then you get killed with the death penalty. They will literally make you sit in jail for a certain amount of years on death row and then they will kill you with lethal injection or something like that. So that is technically revenge for that one reason.

• ReVENGE IS GRET

Never back down make sure they rgret everrrrr meeting u. They will go down in flames if they need to. IF u get Cheated ON what are you gonna do? Be mature? NO. You cheat back destroy there life and make the wanna kermit suicides. Don't EVER BE MATURE. YOU ALWAYZ WINZ THE gAMEZ. THANK YOU FOR COMING TO MY TED TALK.

• An eye for an eye

If someone takes away an innocent person´s life of course it is justified to make them be on the receiving end of the stick. Did the man have a reason to kill the wife and children? Maybe the wife but the kids? I don´t know why but I doubt it

• For the sake of Justice

A man kills your wife and children it is justified to take that man's life because he will not only do so to someone else but also because it's just fair that he be on the receiving end of the the act that he performed to innocent people. For the violation of destroying the nature of one being (out of cold blood) for the respect of the beings who were destroyed the one who made it happen to them should be destroyed for his violation. It's like a symbolic justice that lets the memory of those who were killed to be restored to balance. It may not bring the one who was killed back to life, but it makes their memory held up to better honor when the villain is punished for what he did instead of being allowed to live a free life that he took away from another being. Revenge is for Justice.

• Coz if u hit me i hit u

Yall fuckas need to know dat u dont come to mee whitchyo bumbass handsss. If u slap me imma beat u with ma moms fuckin chappal u dumbass bithc. If a bitch gown have beef wit me she gonna have beef with me F O R E V A!!!!!!!!! Smh

• Yes It Is

Revenge is not and never will be black and white, it’s never one side or the other, one side being wrong, and the other being right. Revenge is a basic human instinct down to the molecular level, as humans we have the basic instinct, you hit me, I hit you back. What revenge really comes down to is the morality of the subject. If someone steals my pen, and I seek to steal their car, my revenge is unjustifiable because the crime I have committed is from a much larger calibre. However, if a man murders my wife, on a moral level I have a right to seek revenge by murdering their wife. Revenge is justifiable depending on the morality of the person as well as the severity of the crime. -Me

• Yes for shona

Shona did a very bad thing but she doesn't regret anything and is very happy about it. Her dad doesn't speak to her any more but she doesn't care and her mum died of drinking to much but oh well she's happier without them. I love shona so so much

• It really depends - an amateur philosopher's rambling

Revenge isn't a 'black and white' thing, but it depends on the circumstances. Sometimes it's better to forgive, but I'd say it's generally right if the wrong committed was heinous enough. There was a post on the other side entitled 'Revenge vs Punishment' which I find interesting and plausible, but in my opinion 'righteous revenge' (similar to righteous indignation, one of Aristotle's virtues) is virtually synonymous with punishment. Put simply, if based on 'righteous' indignation revenge is right.
    Some say revenge/punishment doesn't make you feel better and it's frequently depicted as such in the media (movies, books, etc) but personally if it was justified it DOES make you feel better and let you rest easier that such a sin has been punished.
    Thanks for reading, but no flames, please. Just here for a friendly debate.

• It Really Depends

Revenge isn't a 'black and white' thing, but it depends on the circumstances. Sometimes it's better to forgive, but I'd say it's generally right if the wrong commited was heinous enough. There was a post on the other side entitled 'Revenge vs Punishment' which i find intresting and plausible, but in my opinion 'righeous revenge' (similar to righeous indignation, one of Aristotle's virtues) is virtually synonymous with punishment. Put simply, if based on 'righeous' indignation revenge is right.
    Thanks for reading, but no flames please. Just here for a friendly debate.

• Punishment and revenge for an "immoral" action is fine, but to a certain extent.

I believe in revenge and punishment but i only believe in this concept to an extent. I think that there should be a benefit to revenge and punishment other than the pathetic reason of "mummy! He called me an idiot so am i allowed to punch him in the face?" That's stupid. How will that benefit you in any way. Your just pretty much a toddler that can't control their emotions and can't think clearly. Getting revenge on someone won't full fill you and give you a lasting happiness, it will only leave you with an empty feeling inside when it's over. It's like after masturbation, after the climax you just feel empty and start regretting and feeling bad about yourself, because of the contrast between the amount of pleasure you gained from the climax and the after feeling, emptiness.

Therefore, instead of chasing after something that won't really help you, it would be wise to think about the matter consciously and think, what else could i do that will either benefit myself or other people, like for example, making sure this never happens again by maybe finding the culprit and changing his/her mindset to never do something like that again. Instead of just blindly setting your life goal and spending 20 years trying to avenge your friend, who got killed by a man with psychological problems when you could just spend, 10 years researching of a way in which you could help that person not kill a person ever again and spend the other 10 years looking for the person and putting your research into practice. Or something along those lines.

In conclusion, it is pointless to try to gain full-fulfillment from revenge, as it is the equivalent of trying to change a bad life to a good life through constant masturbation. Instead of taking revenge you should think of a method which will benefit humanity.

• Stop this "You hit me, therefore I hit you back" mentality

This commits the logical fallacy called two wrongs don't a right. If someone tortured you, does that give the right to torture that person? I suspect that a few people may answer yes to that question, I will ask those people how do they justify revenge against wrongdoers. They cannot response on emotion as this thing can get people to irrational things (I admit that emotion is required for rationality in the first place, but that is irrelevant).

• True Harmful Revenge can Never be Justified

True revenge is the action of inflicting hurt or harm on someone for an injury or wrong suffered at their hands. How does inflicting more harm upon someone ever justify a wrongdoing? It fixes nothing. Now, two people are hurting and suffering. It's proven to only be a temporary psychological solution to a problem. Like a drug, the stress will come back and hurt you more. It's a natural breeder of chaos and it spreads like a poison. An eye for an eye would leave many people blind.

• Revenge isn't justified

Revenge makes another revenge. For example, when I hit my friend, my friend hit me again. This mean I give damaged to others, person want to revenge to me.
    Also, other person get damaged, acording a book The Count of Monte Cristo, Dantes wanted to revenge Fernand but, his wife and son had damaged.

• Revenge is not a justified action.

If you are suffering injustice from somebody else, the correct response is not to take out your psychological or physical torment on the person. The correct response would be to logically assert the matter and proceed to create a justified conclusion. Additionally, it is not worth taken out an action on an individual person just for a sense of closure.

• Two wrongs don't make a right. There is no reason to degrade your moral high by stooping to their level. Malice only fuels more malice.

There is also no justification to exact revenge on a person. Justice is not simply ''punishment.'' Justice is to reform the person from doing it again. You can do so in a number of ways. Kindness, inform of the consequences, and that it is morally wrong. Don't drag yourself down.

• Revenge will damage other people.

I think that revenge is really bad, because, we can't do the revenge only for ourselves stress. We can't do the revenge without thinking other people. For, example, when we do the revenge without thinking other people, then it will cause the problem that isn't following the human's right. So i thin that revenge is really bad

• Transformers Revenge of The fallen

Revenge of the fallenRevenge of the fallenRevenge of the fallenRevenge of the fallenRevenge of the fallenRevenge of the fallenRevenge of the fallenRevenge of the fallenRevenge of the fallenRevenge of the fallenRevenge of the fallenRevenge of the fallenRevenge of the fallenRevenge of the fallenRevenge of the fallenRevenge of the fallenRevenge of the fallenRevenge of the fallenRevenge of the fallenRevenge of the fallenRevenge of the fallenRevenge of the fallenRevenge of the fallen

• Your emotion cloud your judgement when seeking revenge.

Seeking revenge is never justified. If punishing someone on the basis of revenge is your aim, then wouldn’t that mean your emotions act up and your judgement is clouded by it? Punishment is then not in the name of justice but rather in personal reassurance. You’re being shellfish. You don’t care who pays for the crime, as long as someone pays for it. You don’t spare a moment to think about the family of the person who committed the crime. That defeats the purpose of justice being served. For example in 1985, Ronald Cotton was convicted for rape even though he didn’t do it. The victim was so sure that it was him that even after many photo line-ups and live line-ups, she always pointed her finger at him. Her judgement was being blurred because she was overwhelmed with emotions that she wanted someone to pay for what has happened to her. She thought that it was Ronald Cotton so she stuck with her testimony through-out the trial and after the trial. Ronald was exonerated in 1995 after DNA evidence prove that it wasn’t him. She wasn’t seeking justice, she was seeking revenge which led on to an innocent man being incarcerated for 11 years.
    Furthermore, revenge peruses the “Eye for an eye” belief. If someone kills another person, then people may believe that he deserves to die. What if he never intended to kill that person but his involuntary actions led to that person dying. Does he still deserve to die? Also, if someone rapes another person, should we rape him because we are seeking revenge and want to punish him? What message does it send to the younger generation? They should take matters into their hands whenever something bad happens to them. If someone punched them, they should go and punch them back instead of going to someone older and seeking help. If revenge is justified, then we are teaching children that it is ok to inflict pain on someone as long as they have a reason to do so.
    To conclude, when seeking revenge, your emotions plays up and clouds your judgement. It is not done in the name of the law but done for closure. With revenge, mistakes will be made. You want someone to pay for a crime desperately that you neglect things that point that person away from the crime. Also, you’re perusing an ideology to the younger generation to take actions in their own hands because someone angered them. Their actions will be in malice intent and they will prevail to hurt someone whenever they feel uneasy.

• Revenge VS Punishment

If revenge entails inflicting wrath upon a perpetrator who has done a wrongdoing, then it is never justified. It is not righteous to hope to gain any resolution through adding more damage to the already existing destruction. It differs from punishment in that vengeance has the connotation of enacting with irrational, mindless behavior rather than focusing on a constructive future so that the wrongdoing shall not be repeated.

>