• Rock climbing is most DEFINITELY a sport!

All you have to do is look it up. Rock climbing was originally called 'sport climbing'! And the definition of 'sport' is 'an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment. ' there are plenty of rock climbing competitions AND they are putting it in the Olympics this year. Hence forth, Rock climbing IS a sport

• Because i want it to be

Because i think it is a sport and it is my opinion that is why i think it is a sport and i don't actually want to write my opinion because i do not rock climb at all but my friend is and i have itchy skin because of the winter.

• Google Sport Definition

An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

• Rock Climbing Involves Competitive Racing

Rock Climbing is a sport because it involves competitive racing, Just like swimming and running. If swimming and running are sports, Then rock climbing is a sport.

According to Google, The definition of sport is: "An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment. " Rock climbing meets those requirements.

• Yes yes yes

Rock climbing is clearly an sport, Becuz how coould a not spoort half olympicc. Owbvoiulsy it is caause won time i climed in a arcticc and itt was kold. And also I had a rocks in my mouth annd it tassted like doert. Ithunk it is a spooort yes yes.

• I would say it is

Because it improves physical capacity, There is a strong element of technique and improving skill in that, As well as sanctioned competitions judged on technique and time. Physical expression, Skill and competition are the three things that define the word sport. We also don't have to double post to pad our side of the debate, Just add more words at the end of our arguments to meet the minimum requirement.

• Do you need strategy and physical strength and agility to climb?

Since that is the case, I’d call it a sport. If auto racing is a sport then climbing is a sport for sure! If synchronized swimming is a sort then. . . Oh wait, That’s a weak argument. This says I need 14 more words. Now 7 and I rest my case.

• Rock climbing is a sport

Because one needs to train hard to climb a mountain, its basically running, one needs to have the stamina to climb it, one also needs to learn how to withstand the coldness and thats how many people died trying to climb one. Its even in the Olympics so that makes it a sport.

• Their are compititions

Their are very many competitions so proving y'all all wrong. It has a world cup, competitions all over the usa, and it is considered a sport. It will even be in the 2020 olympic games in tokyo. That is the truth suck it up yall are big loosers ha ha

• Of course it is

Working many muscles not reached in many more basic sports. Climbing is a exelent way to strengthen you hands and tendons as well as the muscles required in everyday life such as a bbs and biceps. With out doubt climbing is a sport and can easily be considered more athletic than football, baseball ectetra. All these fools who doubt climbings potential should spend a few hours at their local climbing gym and then place their arguments. I foresee a change in the results

• Rock climbing is a sport, You can not argue, Unless you wish to argue the world.

• ITs not a sport until the Olympics happen again

Cuz it isnt a sport and since its not means that people can't tell me that it is. And what i think makes a sport a sport is if it is on TV. And so far i have never seen rock climbing on TV. I guess when its on the Olympics it will be but as of now its not

• Just because it is in the Olympics doesn't make it a sport.

The argument that climbing is a sport because it is in the Olympics is absolutely absurd. By that nature, speed walking would be considered a sport, and I think we can all agree it is not. If we were too consider climbing a sport, we would then have to include hiking and other outdoor activities. Not every recreational activity is a sport. Just because it is physically demanding, doesn't make it a sport. When you were younger, and played on playgrounds, you wore yourself out, but you weren't competing in a sport.

• Just because it is in the Olympics doesn't make it a sport

The argument that rock climbing is a sport because it is in the olympics is absurd. By that nature speed walking is considered a sport, and I think we can all agree that walking is not a sport. We also would have to consider if hiking is a sport, which the answer is no. Not every recreational activity is a sport. Just because it is physically demanding doesn't make it a sport.

• No competition involved

In order for something to be considered a sport, it must have some from of competition; Rock climbing has none. Without real competition (with head to head competition, not time trials), we can't be lead to believe that rock climbing should be considered a sport. Thus we urge a con ballet.

• D c c

Cccc c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c cc c c c c c c c c c c c cc c c c cc c c c c c c c c c c cus i can

>