• Yes, soccer is a definitely a contact sport.

I play soccer, and many of the my teammates have had concussions or ankle injuries. People sometimes sprain their ankles during a scrimmage, and in a game I played a while ago, one girl broke her ankle. Concussions are not uncommon. Players are allowed to shove each other, as long as they do not check them or push with their arms. But still, many people get hurt. Definitely a contact sport. If anyone doubts that, they should watch a game of high school soccer.

• Soccer is a Contact Sport

Yes, soccer is a contact sport as many times in soccer, two competitors come in contact with one another. When a soccer athlete attempts a tackle, they do so knowing fully well that they will likely come in contact with another player, and this proves that soccer is a contact sport.

• Soccer is a contact sport.

Soccer involves kicking, shoving, punching, bumping, etc, etc. My friends say it's not but, I think it is and I wish that everyone else in the world/universe would think so too! I play soccer and it definitely is a contact sport. They don't olay soccer so they don't know! I wish....

• Soccer is a contact sport but is an awesome sport

Soccer (futbol) is a contact sport and is dangerous but I love the sport. I play on a team and I know that you are capable of breaking your leg or getting a concussion during a game. But I do agree that soccer does require thinking, math and physics at times. There are other sports that are much more dangerous than soccer (futbol) but you can probably guess which ones they are. This is my opinion about soccer. So yes soccer is a contact sport. ;-)

• Contact all the way

I play soccer and even young kids play with contact. Most of it is when the Ref isn't looking so that makes it worse. Really there is so many elbows, kicks, and punches, thrown in soccer. Also hip checks and trips to. Certain youth clubs actually train kids to do those things legally, and not 16 year old boys, 9 year old boys AND girls so there!

• Soccer is most definitely a contact sport

I am a college soccer player and let me tell you that there is lots of contact. During a game last fall a kid was knocked out and had to go to the hospital because of contact. Look at the amount of injuries that happen during games or practices. You can say all you want about someone diving, but that is only a small percentage of people. I have seen bones coming out of the skin, I have seen peoples noses facing two different directions, I have seen cracked skulls so you are still going to tell me this not a contact sport? I would like you to have a defender coming studs up into you and see how you like it.

• Go play a high school soccer game

This last season my girls team there was two minor concussions, A sprain MCL, A jaw hit so hard that it sound like it shattered, And goalie kicked in a throat. On the boys team a boy had to get stitches, Another kid got a concussion. These were just the major injures. As someone who has gotten to play all positions on the field you can't just get the ball by not elbowing or pushing them out of the way. Football is a collision sport. Soccer is a contact sport

• Soccer is a contact sport

Two players come in contact with one another when they are battling for the ball. Those who say it is not a contact sport, I would love to see the soccer you are watching jla;sld fa fasj fa f f f f f f ff f f d afer e e e

• Soccer is a contact sport

• Athletic ability .

How many sports are there where 11 players run non stop for 45 minutes at a time with each player getting a single role similar to football each player is assigned a specific role and a deviation of that role could lead to defeat. And similar to basketball you have each player moving between themselves to help and support team mates unlike baseball which relies on one individual at a time. Lastly every player has a player opposite of them and only one goal to win every battle against that player. P.S, the word tackle in football comes from soccer.

• Soccer is a sport of strategy and geometry

Soccer is most certainly not a contact sport of any kind. While there might be some bumps, pushes and shoves along the way (and don't those "professionals" like to flop around like a dying fish when it happens, the fakers) the actual game is not about that. It's about anticipating your opponents' next move, and of calcuating the the right angle and momentum for the shot. Soccer is a game of literally thinking on your feet.

• Not a contact sport

There is no contact between players needed in soccer. The rules are pretty strict with how much contact is allowed on the field before a penalty is given. Quite a few of my friends play soccer and they’ve all had their fair share of injuries but none have been caused by intentional impact from other players.

• Contact is not required in order to play the game.

A contact sport is one in which it is necessary to have contact in order to play the game. Soccer (Association Football) can be played within the laws of the game, with no contact between players. Just because they do make contact with each other, doesn’t mean that it is a contact sport. By way of example....It is not possible to participate in a boxing match without the players making contact with each other - This is a contact sport. It is possible to play soccer, just as it is possible to play a game of chess, without the participants making contact with each other - These are non contact sports. In short, a contact sport is one in which the nature of the game REQUIRES that contact is made, in order for the game to be played. Soccer does not require contact, any contact is either incidental or illegal.

• If you think soccer or basketball is a contact sport you are stupid

Yes, you might get more concussions but, you get a penalty when you touch or make contact with other players. I have both played and sat on the side lines watching soccer for 10 years and have come to the conclusion that it is not i repeat not a contact sport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Soccer is not a contact sport

It is not because for kid in u 11 and younger they have banned heading. They did this because more kids under the age of 10 are getting more concusions with heading. If you do head there is a penalty where someone has to deflect it into the goal that is why.

• Learning the Rules

As my son is advancing, I've been learning the rules of soccer. I am now a certified Regional Referee. Clearly, 99% of the sport NOT a contact sport. There are rare occasions where RESTRICTED FORM of contact is allowed (e.G. Two players chasing a "loose ball") .... I estimate this is ONE PERCENT of the game.

There is a significant danger with the common myth: soccer is, by and large, a contact sport. Keep in mind: unlike American Football, the players are wearing no protection.

Sad to see so many games where the coaches & referees allow dangerous play -- notably, high kicking at/ near an opponents "belt" or face at the lower levels / young ages. I typically see players kicking each other several times every match & typically never called. Also, goal keepers often find themselves on the dangerous end of a charge. World Cup and Premier League have zero tolerance for this. For the safety of our sons and daughters, we should as well.

• Soccer is not, if they touch its a penalty

The only contact is the foot and ball m n b v c x z l k j h g fd s a p o i u y tr e w q j j j j n b b u i o o j b k k m b n

• Not at all

I have played and reffed soccer and it is not a contact sport. After i started playing lacrosse i realized soccer was nothing. Sure there is a little body here and there but nothing that is real contact once becoming a ref i also see that nobody actually gets hit at all.

• Not at all

• Not at all

>