• Social science is part of Science.

Science is defined as a systematized body of knowledge acquired through experimentation and logical deduction from the observed phenomenon. On the other hand, social science is a branch of science that consists of the disciplined and systematic study of society and its institutions, and of how and why people behave as they do, both as individuals and in groups within society. One particular branch of social science is the Economics. I've been studying Economics for as long as I can remember and well, for your information, it uses scientific methods like that of science. Also, information are obtained through experimentation. And when we say experimentation, we don't always mean an experiment in the laboratory involving chemicals or the like. Experimentation could also be done in a different place and not involving chemicals. It could be done through observation. So, Social science includes Economics which makes use of scientific methods and experimentation. Science uses scientific methods and experimentation. Therefore, Social science is a Science.

• Yes, it is

Really a science because we need to research and everything has science like we study of systematic study of everything. It is all about the sports we play, animals, jobs we do, how to follow rules weather, religion, tradition, war, politics, villages,water bodies, environment.Thus it is a real science !

• No No No

F f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f ff f f ff f ff f ff f f f f f ff f f ff

• Yes it is

I do believe that here in the United States of America as well as the rest of the world that social science is indeed a real science. It is a science because it also gives the same thought process along with other things that are true to regular science we think of.

• Yes it is! - in response to some of the no arguments

For the people stating it is not a science they clearly have not searched up the term science. Thinking that it is an easy science is the most ignorant aspect of those who say it is not a science. Social science does not help suffering and actually does quite the opposite. In recent years through the study of society and behaviour and everything else that is included for the part of "society" it has increased equality. For those saying there has been no achievement. Y'all are coherently wrong. Without social science many things have not been possible. It is important to know the way the world works and what benefits us and helps us succeed. We also use a lot of this information to create the best possible outcome. It does measure things. Additionally, For those saying its corrupt, I won't lie, It partially is but so are natural sciences and it also does not mean that they are not considered sciences. Social science helps people, And for those who do not think so, Should research it more in depth before making stupid assumptions

• Yes! Social sciences ARE real sciences!

We're no strangers to love - you know the rules and so do I. A full commitment's what I'm thinking of. You wouldn't get this from any other guy. I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling - gotta make you understand!
    Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and desert you. Never gonna make you cry, never gonna say goodbye. Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you.
    We've known each other for so long. Your heart's been aching but you're too shy to say it. Inside we both know what's been going on. We know the game and we're gonna play it.
    And if you ask me how I'm feeling, don't tell me you're too blind to see

• Yes, it is a science

• OMG, a social science degree means nothing. It is not a useful education.

This country is so science illiterate. Science is confirming or denying an hypothesis. Then the results of the data obtained must be peer reviewed by many different science institutions. Until this is done, any data obtained is nothing more than speculation, or personal opinion. Social science is nothing more than pseudo science.

• Depends on where you draw the line for science.

You defined science as the “systematized body of knowledge acquired through experimentation and logical deduction from the observed phenomenon.” Given this definition, I would say that social science is a science. But I define science more narrowly. Part of what makes science, science, is that It is held to a rigorous standard of particular practices, including but not limited to, the strict isolation of variables, meticulous data collecting methods, painstaking avoidance of any potential sample contamination, among others. While it is true that it is literally impossible to entirely control the parameters of any experiment, science comes pretty darn close. If you adhere to this revised definition, then social sciences are lacking in quite a few qualities. Motivation, thoughts, values--these are all very difficult (if not impossible) things to quantify and measure. They also are an integral part of the economist’s job and the social worker’s job alike. While the social science field has tried to stick closely to observable behavior, i.e. - spending patterns or emotional outbursts, it does so at the expense of omitting valuable data, however difficult it may be to measure. While I recognize and even appreciate the intention of drawing near unto science, I agree with the post above that there is certainly a political agenda behind labeling it so. Funding flows toward organizations and collective goals that are most likely to succeed. In the modern world, this means those who employ the scientific method to ensure the best likelihood for the desired outcome. There are groups who actually lobby before congress to establish the social field as a science, thereby ensuring funding is bolstered. I, for one, do not agree funding should be so dramatically lopsided in favor of those who can prove their efforts. It lends itself to skewed publishing and neglect of some very important ideals, on the basis they cannot be corroborated, like the social field. Though I’ve rambled a bit, I hope this clarifies some of the argument against.

• No, science explains the universe

Social science should not actually be considered science. Science using experimental methods to predict and quantify specific behaviors about the observable universe. Social science does not do any of that. To say that it is science is not an accurate representation of what science is all about. They should change the name to something else.

• It's soft science.

No, social science is not really a science, because it is not something that can be fairly proven or disproven. Social science is something that can change over time. Science is what's right and wrong. There is not a situation when it can change. But social science often changes, and it depends on the feelings of the sociologist.

• No, social science is not a science.

I do not believe that social science is a really science. I think that it is something that was given a term by people who have political agendas to make some social issues a lot more important than they really are. I think that such a thing shouldn't be given any merit.

• Patriarchy and Jungian archetypes are laughable excuses

While it’s admirable to try and explain social change: sociology, And psychology have gotten very irresponsible and it’s too easy to insert bias into the social sciences. Any biological explanations that don’t support their ideas is called essentialism and take biological ideas that do support their ideas with open arms. Extremely inconsistent.

• Being considered Science requires following the Scientific method

Basically the title. Social "Sciences" don't even pretend to do that, So they're not science. If they want to be considered science, They have to start trying to falsify their "theories" instead of insisting they're correct regardless of any evidence presented against them. Science isn't about being right, It's about discovering the truth.

• No social scientists, Only social engineers

There are no "social sciences". There are only social engineers trying to peddle their deluded fantasies as science. "Social sciences" are nothing but IDEOLOGY (usually of the far left kind). We know it cannot be a science by the simple fact that it rejects the scientific method. These so-called sciences are "antipositivist" (that bascially means the idea that the scientific method cannot be used in regards to "social issues/questions"). . So what remains then, But not simply making things up according to fancy? Further, One should always judge something by it's results: Actual science has proven its worth by what it has achieved. Amazing technological progress, All the things we today take for granted, Are a result of science. "Social sciences" has produced NOTHING unless you count confusion, Repression and suffering. (Due to said social engineers) It should be banned from being taught in school, Just like we do not allow a whole range of (other) pseudosciences and nonsense "disciplines".

• Corrupt and Selfish

There is no scientific rigor in Social Studies and the Humanities. Of course the very Positivist notion of Human Sciences and the like are blatant lies. Sociology the queen of sciences? Come on. Both in private and public universities, This areas have become corrupted in their original intent of the search for knowledge and truth. Now it´s the Peter Pan Race for Scholarships, Grants, Public Funds and Name Recognition to make a career recycling useless theories, Publishing uneventful studies and climbing the university´s bureaucratic ladder. Truth doesn´t matter, Hence you have apocryphal disciplines as Gender, Theory, Queer, And lots more of ¨Decolonized¨ Postmodernism. If they were sciences those departments would not have been kidnapped by neomarxists.

• It's not a science

Science is the objective study of the natural world. Anything which is subjective cannot be a science. There is no "science of morality", Or "science of ethics", That's philosophy
    Until the social "sciences" can make predictive claims in the same vein as Chemistry or Physics it cannot be defined as a science.

So it's either philosophical musings, Or pseudoscience. Perhaps if these people wish to understand humanity they might want to get into Neurology

>