• It truly depends on your mindset

The last Jedi seemed to divide the Star Wars fanDM in half. I know a lot of adults that did not like it, and that is because they grew up with episodes 4, 5, and 6. But, kids and some younger adults/teens loved it! The Last Jedi introduced many new things into the Star Wars-verse, such as more force powers, new characters, and new creatures. It can be a lot to grasp for someone who is just used to 4,5,6. And I'm not saying that all adults hate it and all adults love it, i'm saying that I think that is the general reason why people either love it or hate it. I personally thought it was an awesome movie, I love the characters and I am a huge Reylo shipper just like HayMee (the comment above). I love the plot and the development of Reys force powers, and I also liked how Kylo Ren is a complicated villain, he's not 100% bad. I loved seeing all the new things, but all in all, its is a matter of opinion if you love it or hate it.

• Yes it is!

The last jedi was one of my favorite movies! It had so many great moments for a reylo shipper like myself. It had a complex plot, plenty of action, a lot of suspense, and so many classic star wars things all star wars fans know and love. I understand there are those haters out there, and they need to learn that sometimes, you need to sit back, relax, and enjoy a movie.

• YES TLJ is a really good movie.

There are many people who are saying the movie is bad because of plot holes , bad scripts and there are bunch of things are left unexplained in the movie that you'll need to buy books, comics to know about them. I hear these people. But Star Wars has never been movie-only franchise from the beginning, even before Disney acquired Lucasfilm. There were books to explain things and there are new books and other media to explain and put together the jigsaws in this massive story-telling. That's always been a beauty of Star Wars. The Last Jedi put together many pieces of new stories that were left unexplained from previous movies and other new stories in other media into one big picture and at the same time opens up new possibilities of story-telling beyond anything that we have known about Star Wars. As a movie, it is still a very enjoyable movie for everyone. The least enjoyable material in the movie for me is those Porgs. It feels forced. Porgs have really a small role in the story. They are just native birds on the island where Luke takes exile from it all. After watching deleted scenes i think they made some mistakes removing some of the deleted scenes from the movie though.

• I Personally Enjoyed It

To me, the number one question I ask when leaving a movie theater is "did I enjoy the movie?" Not "did it have any allegory?" or "was there any artistic value?" or "was the cast diverse enough". I go to the movie theater to enjoy movies, and I enjoyed the heck out of Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

• A poor movie

I was bored by this movie, I am not a huge Star Wars fab, but I was not interested in any of the new characters, there were frequent and glaring plot holes that took the audience out of the action (the OT had plenty of plot holes too but did not ruin the experience as they do here). It felt too long by around 1 hour and the humour mostly fell flat and felt out of place. I genuinely did not enjoy watching this movie, but clearly many people did. Though I regret spending money on this, the divided options/debate is very interesting. Almost like people are watching two very different movies?!

• The things I did not like about TLJ

The entire New Republic is gone just because the capital was destroyed
    The first order somehow owns the entire galaxy
    No knights of Ren
    Luke makes a puzzle for people to find him but does not want to be found.
    Middle of a trilogy should be dark and end with a cliffhanger ie Darth Vader being Luke’s father. But they made it into a comedic marvel movie.
    Phasma dying and having little to do after she had little to do in 7.
    Phasma was like a James Bond villain I will kill you after I wait for a couple of hours to give to plenty of time to escape.
    Leia dies come back and flies like Mary Poppins
    They killed admiral Akbar OFFSCREEN
    They should have died when they open the door for Leia
    All of a sudden Ray is a lightsaber master
    Finn and Rose being forced together
    Casino scene was a CGI mess like the prequels and trying to teach too many lessons drink, gamble, slavery, and animal abuse.
    One of the life lessons of the story is don't be a hero.
    And yet another theme in the story is anyone can be a hero. So...
    The at-at did not shoot at Fynn or rose when they crashed.
    Luke training Ray for 2 minutes
    Where is the dark side training
    How did snoke die!!!!!
    He was an awesome villain smart, evil, powerful but they waste him just like phasma.
    JJ Abrams created snoke and he was awesome and his death felt like Ryan Johnston saying no I don't like that character so I’ll just kill him but that messes with the logic of that character he was said to be more powerful than Palpatine and Vader.
    Luke Skywalker’s behavior
    Mark Hamel arrived that when he read the script he said that Luke would never do any of their things. How did Luke, the person that sees the good in everyone think because Ben Solo showed the use of the dark side he doesn't try to convert him he just like oh let me go kill him.
    The 1st order couldn't call in reinforcements to cut off the resistance ships instead they chase them
    Why didn't Holdo tell Poe about her plan because if she did there would be a mutiny or Fynn and rose didn't have to go on there mission.
    Why wasn't hyperdrive thru their 1st plan. Also, why do space battles even happen why didn't the rebels take 5 x wings and hyperdrive right through it. They would have way fewer losses. Exactly because Ryan did not think.
    A signal x wing can take out a dreadnought. Dreadnoughts don't have shields!?!?!? The dreadnoughts have thousands of canons on the top and he took them out in 3 minutes and none of them could hit him. Why don't the dreadnought move at all.
    Kylo Ren is no longer obsessed with Vader.
    Fynn was healed up in a minute after almost dying in 7.

• It is horrible.

The Last Jedi is an example of Disney robbing money from true fans and repaying them with a terrible movie. Last Jedi was terrible from the get go. I didn't understand why The resistance is suddenly so small just hours after blowing up Starkiller base. Luke Skywalker was made into a mean old man, And he shouldn't have. Rey is way to powerful and should have lost to Kylo Ren in the last movie but now that she's with Luke, She's even better. Luke feels no remorse at all after hearing that Han's dead, Rey's parents are nobodies, Which basically ruins everything in the prequels about medichlorians and Jedi Training. Chewbacca, R2-D2, And C-3P0 did nothing important. Leia shouldn't have survived fallling out the ship. Bombers in the bombing run should have died because there's no air in space and obviously, Page Tico was dropping bombs off the bottom of the ship, With nothing between her and space. Rose was a stupid idea and played no important role. Canto Bight was forced, Did nothing good, And just allowed for a stupid love plot between finn and Rose. Luke Skywalker should not have died, That was dumb of Rian Johnson. Captain Phasma was pointless. Admiral Holdo was just a dumb feminist who hated Poe for no reason and didn't want to say the plan because? Snoke was humiliated by his death, Kylo was just plain mean the whole time. All this and more makes Last Jedi terrible.

• It was just not well done

It wasn’t true to the legacy characters, while the development of the new characters felt rushed and superficial...They felt more like caricatures then real subjects I could relate to. Rey is the awesomest orphan with special powers without any work put into building her skills and abilities, Snoke is just a carbon copy emperor (if that), Kyle Ren is evil just because, and so on.

>