• Sometimes suicide is the only sense of control that a person has left over their own life.

Depression and other sorts of mental illness do have the ability to make a person suffer to a day to day basis, even to the point where they feel little to no enjoyment at all anymore. It's harder for these types of people to make it than the average joe. When their mental health starts to collapse no one comes runnin with the safety net, they come runnin with threats, shut off notices, and repo's. Sad but true. Our current society doesnt just create the mentally ill like dirt, it creates the mentally ill in general. And if that isnt enough they usually make the illness fester with religion, politics and psycho-active drugs. How can a dysfunctional world dictate how a person should end their life? In any rational world or society, the very first suicide would have been a major concern. You ever notice when people kill themselves their loved ones say "I should of done something" but yet when that person was alive all they ever did was treat them like a burden. Yeah. This "life is a precious gift" BS is for the birds. I'll be a suicide some day and I by no means think it's selfish of me, I just know my limits. As for my loved ones, they know my condition and I made the risk clear to my wife when we got together. All hurt after that I sincerely apologize for and thats the sad thing. How much some of us have to endure in this world. Were all mortal and this world will be the death of each of us in one way or another. Its not how you die, its how you lived.

• Just tired of feeling alone and being in mental agony

Im 56 years old an only child. I still feel like a child inside always scared and anxiety ridden. In reality im 6ft 5 inches tall and way 285 pounds most people wont make eye contact with me.Just so tired of trying to find trustworthy people. My wife tries to keep any crises from me for fear i might take my own life. Dont know what to do!!!!

• Pain is Inevitable

Let's face it in life you're going to get hurt if you can't bear those pains suicide is a perfect way to end it. End things on your own terms if life is that hard now what do you think the future will be like? If you're hurting that much just end it.

• It has to be a legitimate option

If the pain of living is greater than the benefits life provides, then suicide has to be a viable option. When the choices you make are so messed up and ruin others lives, you have to think that this world would be better without you. My biggest fear is that given I cannot succeed in anything I do, if I tried to commit suicide, I would fail, and in my work I see the consequences of failed suicides....It ain't pretty. This world is a total mess, and I want out, but I have children. The closer my youngest gets to adulthood, the more I think about suicide. I no longer have a purpose, my job sucks, and my health is not the best anyway. I'm not seeing alternatives.

• Sometimes suicide is the answer

If something terrible happened to you but it wasn't your fault (natural disaster or death of a loved one) then I believe you should NOT do it. However, if you are like me and constantly destroying your own life in the most painful ways you can think of. If your entire life is just mistakes and self-destruction, then suicide is not a bad option. I ruin my own life everyday I live. I most likely will kill myself one day. But you should think about people who love you. If you are going to kill yourself, do it so that your body won't be discovered by a loved one. I am only here because I don't want to hurt my family and friends right now. In about 5-10 years or so when I live away from everyone I love...Then I'll do it. I think that's the best way to do it.

• Everyone dies sooner or later. It's just a matter of when.

Its been said that suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I believe that this is often the case, but not always. Sometimes it's a permanent solution to a permanent problem. I hate to hear about suicide of young people. Lost love, abuse, drugs, etc. 20 years down the road these things may be chapters in an otherwise happy life. On the other hand, those with problems that they have tried to work through for 15, 20, or more years and there is no chance for recovery, then perhaps, on a case by case basis, suicide is an option.

• You got to go

If you have tried everything, drugs, alcohol, staying sober for months, psychiatric help, psychological help, good job, love, medication, spirituality, research, and none of it has worked. You have to go, this society doesn't accept mentally ill people, I cant keep suffering this way, I wont live on disability, or be a burden on my family, what makes it so utterly painful is that I am aware that I am mentally off, and I cant fix it. So I have to go. Its as simple as that. Perhaps well se each other in the next lifetime, I have hope, I believe in reincarnation.

• Yes it is

When you know that you are looking toward just more and more suffering then death,of course skip the suffering part. I will end up in a wheelchair,with a feeding tube,blind and maybe deaf too,in a nursing home waiting for pneumonia to take me MS so I just want to go while
    I can still do the deed.

• Hope is not infinite. It does run out.

Old, broke and alone is no way to live.
    For ten years, I've been trying to get gainful employment to no avail. I'm stuck in a subsistence job working with people far below my educational and experience level, sinking deeper into debt. My children are embarrassed by me. My priest tells me God doesn't make junk - yet I'm worth more dead than alive. Is eternal damnation really any worse than the hell of my waking hours? The end to pain and suffering is preferable to unrealistic hope.

• Yes suicide can be an answer

There are many illness just not worth living for. I have a psychological disorder and there's no point in living honestly. I am one of those "psychos" and honestly you have to have it REAL bad to have suicide the answer. So I don't think it is fair for people to think suicide is selfish. It IS selfish, though, to not let someone finally have peace. Suicide is the person's choice, and you have no right to not let them kill themselves.

• Suicide was and never is the answer

Suicide is illegal. Something might down, but you musn't let this issue take you down with it. You should stand up and fight, and never give up. Even if you have suicidal thoughts, you have to think positive and always remember that suicide will help you end your issue, but it will end everything else as well

• Take it from me

I've tried to commit suicide 5 times now. And well i'm still here for a reason. I know times are hard but things will get better if you just let people in and let them help you. If suicide is the answer, what is the question? Just tell me that.

• Thou shalt not kill. Exodus 20:13

Suicide is just another way to deny God in unbelief. Not that it is going to help much but IT WILL quickly bring you into God's presence so you can discover the veracity of this truth.

"...It is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment..." Hebrews 9:12

Suicide, don't do it. Look to Christ and live.

• No it isn't

Suicide is never the answer. Your life is not yours to take. By taking your own life you would be cheating death and escaping your pain and suffering that is natural to human beings and other species as well. If your really feeling so depressed and hopeless as to end your life, why not just go to Tibet and decide to live in the wilderness without any laws.

• God is the author and perfecter of our faith

Having faith means we understand that God has a plan and a purpose
    for everything. When we cut short our own lives (or the lives of others) we declare God impotent ultimately denying His existence, declare ourselves God thereby commit idolatry. Idolatry is sin. Unrepentant sin results in eternal death.
    This life's momentary struggles are nothing compared to living an eternity without God's grace, love and mercy for all who persevere and overcome.

• Bias for yes

Inevitably this website will attract those considering suicide and so the results will strongly bias the yes vote. Whilst I am battling with psychological pain of continuing to live, I take some benefit from the words of Emperor Hirohito when Japan accepted defeat in Ww2 "you need to bear the unbearable and live the unliveable" the japanese found a way. Hopefully you can too even though it seems like you maybe, like me, on a voyage of destruction, there are people that care and love and if you can learn to view things differently, suicide is not the answer

• There is a better way,

We all love you, suicide is a permanent solution to temporary problems.We all love you, suicide is a permanent solution to temporary problems.We all love you, suicide is a permanent solution to temporary problems.We all love you, suicide is a permanent solution to temporary problems.We all love you, suicide is a permanent solution to temporary problems.

We all love you

• It is an answer but there may be better answers.

You are right. Suicide is an answer. But there are other answers out there.
    If you think that suicide is the only answer to your current problem then I am sorry. On behalf of all those who care and all those who are working hard to prevent suicide, I am sorry. Yes, there are real people out there who care about you. We are not angels. You may think that we'll get a bonus for preventing your suicide? No! We don't get any bonus. Our goal, just like all those who are working out there, even if they don't know it, is to provide solutions to REDUCE SUFFERINGS. Why? Because the ones who are considering suicide without knowing other solutions could be our children, our mothers, our fathers. YOU, on the other side, could be my cousins, my friends. Do we selfishly want you to live? No. The choice is yours. But let's look at what you are facing. You feel like you don't have a choice to begin with. You feel like there is no other solution. That is where we come in. We WILL give you choices. We WILL give you other solutions. ONE of them may be a better choice than suicide. Nevertheless, ONE is enough. If we have provided our help and they aren't any better, of course, we failed. It can't be help.
    But Again, I don't know who you are. I don't know where you are. I cannot understand what you have been going through. But let me share with you something. Life is fair. When you've lost everything, there is nothing for you to lose anymore, even your ego. Think about it. If you've got nothing to lose, do everything you could to get help. Use your last little strength to get help. Call us if you are available and conscious enough to do so. Even if you are not conscious, call us. Make it dramatic, whatever, we do not judge. Keep this in mind: WE ARE THE MOST FOOLISH. And we would do anything, anything, to help you. Even if it is foolish. Are we hero? YES, Whatever you call it. We save lives. HERO in real lives don't wear underwear outside of trousers nor have any superpower. We just have an extreme will to help you. Because again, you could be our loved ones.
    I know It's only a matter of time. But we can't do it in time. We need help. We need a lot of help. Help us. Let us help you so you can help us. If you survive, come work for us. We pay a lot we don't need bonus! When someone dies, that is one help down.
    So please, let us help you. Whoever you are. Pick up the phone. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_suicide_crisis_lines

I'm not Canadian but I am sorry. Just contact us. The world isn't all that bad. I reached the word count damn this stupid site.

• Suicide Is Never the answer

Everything will always get better. Billy Joel tried to commit suicide. Look what happened after that. Imagine if he had succeeded no one would ever know of the "piano man". Its sickening that 77% of people think is ok. You dont know if things will keep getting worse. Stranger things have happened. Think of your family what they will go through trying to get over you. If you commit suicide, you are a coward

• Read the AA Big Book even if you are not alcoholic.

It is a great instuction manual for life. Go to page 522 in the fourth edition and read the story called "Grounded". Then follow up with the book by Captain Lyle Prouse entitled: Final Approach. Decide if you can overcome your problems after reading these pieces. I assure you that this odyessey is true and remarkable.

>