• It is moving way too fast

While I support the improvement of technology in the military and medical fields, It has to be contained on the everyday life scale. Soon, People will simply forget how to accomplish simple tasks because technology will do it for them. Even looking at studies, Depression, Suicide rates, And poor social skills have gone up significantly because of too much technology. Talking between humans is becoming more difficult. The education and creativity has gone down to an extreme low around the world. People are becoming more and more reliant on technology. Technology is a bubble like anything else and sooner or later it will burst. That is when Earth as a whole will began to decline technologically. We are much closer to the top of the bubble than we are even to the middle of it.

• Too much of everything, Too fast

Please slow down. . . Back to basics: real life, Real people, Experience nature! Cut down on digital and mindless scrolling in social nets and IM programs. . . We are spending more time in LESS QUALITY activities. . . Those who want to live a slower life will have to (partially) disconnect but the benefits in mental and physical HEALTH are worthy. Not missing our short attention span society anymore! Cheers

• Artificial General intelligence

Technology is inevitably progressing at an alarming rate and were too desensitized by it. Autonomy, sustainable energy, data analytics. Those three fields are progressing so fast we can’t fill enough rolls in the work force. There’s so much data to analyze that the only possible antidote is AI which is already an integral part of today’s society. One click and you get nearly anything you want amazon, movies, messages, etc. all data through social media is analyzed. Our questions on google analyzed, cell phones. It’s all being analyzed. As soon as AI reaches a certain level of understanding where it compares to human perception is when it will be too late. Biology in theory is the stepping stone to a higher form of thinking. It’ll be able to process 20,000 years of human intelligence in its first week and maximize every second. The only way to combat it is to create biomechanics where the intelligence is plugged into our brains. Sounds insane but AI is set to be born within the next 50 years.

• It's time-consuming to keep up at work

The workplace is pushed to upgrade to the latest and greatest, but it seems we spend an extraordinary amount of time re-learning how to use it and how to use it efficiently. And, before we even get there, another upgrade or change is pushed on us. By the time marketing has mastered a social media, another "must be here" media has popped up, so the list of social media where you need a presence has exploded, as well as the time required to maintain it. Technology that was supposed to be a time saver has now become a time expander.

• Tech advances faster than society may handle it

Many technologies advance at a linear pace after a rapid development phase. There are some technologies that don't follow that trend, such as nanotech and biotech. Nanotechnology, when nanites are eventually created, they will be made to create new, better nanites and so on. In biology, 1 seed grows 1 plant, which makes many seeds, which makes even more plants. (see http://longnow.org/essays/technology-moving-too-fast/ for more on this) in class today, we came to the conclusion "technology is the future, but we cannot see or control the future."

• Skill development requires a time investment that cannot be best met with rapidly developing tech.

7 years ago at work I started a job which required me to more regularly use a computer than ever before (although not a computer based job). They system our workplace was using was 2003. Over the years I taught myself to use excel, not only as a basic spreadsheet but used it to do many many things- becoming increasingly creative with it. Due to the size of our organisation there was no training on how to use it so the development of the skill to make full use of it took probably a few years of dipping in. Then we were updated to 2006 (it was 2015! ) Now I am not against change and development but it was difficult to know the program "should" be able to do something (as the older version could) but due to change in the layout you need to find things in different places. It really seemed to me that maybe for someone learning it for the first time it would be easier to pick up but all the shortcuts I had got used to using had changed- I did pick it up reasonably quickly- but again it was a time commitment to get to a stage where I could make the most of it and having already done that it is frustrating to have to go back and learn a new way of doing the same thing. Now I have got my onw lap top at home for the first time- it came with 2008 and free upgrade to 2010 - I dont have excel. Which I would love to have but I cant justify a monthly fee to use it. I really would prefer a tech that i can buy as a one off investment and invest in learning to use and get the best out of it than continually having to have it update. Especially as now- with my brand new computer following the first enforced windows update-after only owning it a few weeks- the result was a repeat message saying I dont have enough memory and need to close some programs- particularly frustrating as I only have one open. My point is- I am not technophobic - I'm not able to fix them but I can use them- I had perfectly good computers for years and got a lot out of them- but suddenly due to progress i am forced into a situation where I have a computer with stuff I dont really want on it (all kinds of social media platforms) that wont work 1/2 as well as one I bought 10 years ago.

• Yes it does.

Technology is becoming a problem. Especially with video games. Video games 16 years ago were great. The graphics were ok, campaigns and stories were great and you could play for hours enjoying fun. And they were CHEAP! Now, video games have sickening great graphics, but the campaigns are rediculously crappy having no effort in producing them. Nowadays a video games cost $60 or more. You also have to spend more money on a new console. Which cost over $400 to $500. This is a problem, especially for people like me who have only one family income. It's also a problem because I don't see how the middle class is actually buying this stuff. Are they really rich? I've talked to my friends about present video games that have recently been released and they agree with me that the games campaigns are uninteresting which makes the game uninteresting. Even other tech like phones are becoming rediculously expensive. Especially with Apples recent phone, the iPhone 7 costing $500+ and with no headphone jack with the new EarPods costing $160. This is bad, because the economy might not be able to control rapid technological growth and many people might protest about the expensive prices of entertainment.

• Slow Down, Please!

Technology in today's world is moving WAY too fast. Sometimes I feel like I'm on an amusement park ride that hasn't allowed me time to fasten myself in before taking off, and that if I don't hold on for dear life, I'll be thrown aside. This rapid advancement in technology won't end well for humanity, like frantically trying to lay down tracks ahead of an oncoming bullet-train.
    Is this really necessary? Do we really need PS4's and XboxOne's and brand new cell phones that seem to come out EVERY SINGLE WEEK?
    Humanity is still suffering from the same diseases that plagued us back in the 20th, and here we are, in 2016, focused only on these short-term pleasure, fleeting technologies. If humanity doesn't slow down and take the time to allow itself to catch up with all this advanced tech its developing, it WILL be the end of us.

• Think about it, from the 90s (and early 2000s) technology was rare and was barely used, now its a must have

Its developing way too fast, and the 2000s, there was a couple of desktops and the internet was such a luxury at the time. Only the rich could afford flip phones. Now look at 2015. EVERYONE has an iPhone, even children as young as 5 get iPads, iPhones, laptops, and this generation has become a techy kinda place. Imagine a span of 15 years, who knows what would happen in 2030! Or 2050! I couldnt even imagine...

• TV, Video Games, and sometimes Music

TV and Video Games have shown futuristic abilities, such as, Exoskeleton/Exosuit, Time Travel, and Integrated AI in the simplest household items. Now, I've been hearing on the Student News, that a scientist at Duke is experimenting with telekinesis on monkeys. Having them move EXOSKELETONS just by thinking about it. This is only one reason, I think technology is advancing too quickly.

• O w O

W h a t i s t h i s e b i c g a y m e r l o l q u i r k y r a n d o m X d F O R T N I T E B A T T L E R O Y A L

• No no no

It helps us in our everyday lives. From baking to socializing. It also helps health care. Our technology has saved lives and is continuing to save lives. We are getting better medicine and techniques. Also we are trying to make cars that dont make pollution and we need that asap.

• Technological Adoption Is Too Slow

It's not the rate of technological advancement that's too fast, it's the disconnect between our technological capabilities and our technological comfort. Already at home (in the British Countryside (Cotswolds) I have 200mbps, my neighbour has the more expensive package delivering 1000mbps. I do almost all my shopping online, I pay for car tax online, all my bills are paid online or by direct debit. I get account updates via sms to my phone and use by broadband at home for calls on my mobile or 'landline' thanks to Vonage.
    Despite this the rate of technological adoption is low, society changes slower than technology does. Very few people work effectively remotely (that said the company my wife works for are 100% cloud based so, no physical office or company assets). But they are a small tech company, I work for a major US based logistics and tech company, and we have very poor resilience. Bad weather causes major disruption to our business and our culture of distrust and fear means that very few people work from home and almost all meetings are conference calls or physical face to face meets with very few video calls or video conferences.
    Tech changes so quickly that hackers can cause disruption, because of this companies tend to stick to 'resilient, tried and tested software' choosing to forego the benefits of new capabilities in order to avoid the risk such 'newness' exposes them too. Fear of the unintended consequences of change creates a risk adverse culture which makes adapting to the new possibilities advancement provides slow. This caution may be legitimate, it may not, either way it ensures that technological advancement and technological adoption do not develop at the same rate.

• Tech as fast as us

We are using technology basically everyday, how do you think if you are still holding an axe made of a sharpened stone and hunting down animals, technology has to move on, and humans have to adapt to it no matter you like it or not. . . . . .

• Not at all!

Everyday technology is around is improving. This is absolutely necessary for our society so that we can do the impossible like making cures for incurable diseases and gathering information in seconds compared to reading books for days. Lots of new technology have been helping those who are in need of assistance like the new robot made by Honda known as A.S.I.M.O which can perform many functions. This robot is necessary to further our knowledge and understanding of artificial intelligence to reduce human error in various procedures and processes.

• Tech is a Red Herring

After reading through many of the "For" arguments, I can say that many people's discontent with the rapid development of technology has nothing to do with the technology itself. We have a clear problem with blind consumerism, and feel that perhaps the new release of some gadget every few months or so exascerbates this condition. But I don't think this is true; we are a consumer culture and we are demanding the rapid development by spending as much as we do on unneseccary tech upgrades.

HOWEVER, I have yet to see a convincing argument here about how the rapid development itself is bad. If we educated ourselves as consumers, and only spent our money on the technology that we found to be beneficial for our lives (and thus, stopped paying attention to marketing) the rapid development of technology would surely have far more pros than cons. It unlocks human potential!

• Not so fast

Technology grows rapidly however it is an element of our creation- if anything we have the mental capacity to handle the progression of technology. Because technology is such a broad term, one cannot say all technology moves too quickly, because advances in the technology of say medical industry and in education now have environments better catered to their purposes.

• No no no no no no no no no

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

• Absolutely not, technology is not moving too fast.

If you really think about it like this, if technology was not improving every day and you had a disease and you needed surgery how would you cure it, you would die because the technology would not be there. Or what if you wanted to go to work or go out somewhere how would get there if there was no cars ? Would ride bike or ride a horse like the old days? Technology is improving to help people not to destroy the way of humanity.

• Its not progressing to fast

Technology is beneficial to the way we live. EVERYTHING we do each day includes some form of technology. Making toast in the toaster, the faucet sink to brush our teeth, the cars we ride to work and school. Each day engineers and technology enthusiests look for ways to improve that. Technology is moving us into the future and will help us solve many of our problems and even save lives!

>